• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA reveals line-up for Nintendo DS/3DS [Dates, Trailers, Delays, Announcements]

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I just bitched about it, but I doubt this is final. We have to see stuff like Kirby's DL2, Dr. Mario, SMB2 JP and Ice Climber also I think. I mean, come on, NOA can't be that bad? Can they? :(

Nintendo treats their Virtual Console service horribly bad. They milk a few releases and charge premium prices. The better business model would be more of an ITUNES Mp3 approach, release tons of games, and price them more accordingly. People will end up building their collection. Take the opportunity to localize classics NES/SNES/N64/GCN games and charge a little bit more.

Murrah

Banned
I just bitched about it, but I doubt this is final. We have to see stuff like Kirby's DL2, Dr. Mario, SMB2 JP and Ice Climber also I think. I mean, come on, NOA can't be that bad? Can they? :(

I sorta doubt KDL2 is coming, at least anytime soon what with it being on that Kirby anniversary disc. But yeah you're probably right, you'd think even if they're not gonna be adding anymore GameBoy games the rest of the year aside from Wario they'd still release a few other NES games we already own on the Wii anyway

I'm guessing unless Konami surprises us the eShop Gradius game is the NES port?

Anyways yeah, sparse lineup. They must be stretched really thin right now to push LM back that far and still no AC.

I'm guessing unless Konami surprises us the eShop Gradius game is the NES port?

Anyways yeah, sparse lineup. They must be stretched really thin right now to push LM back that far and still no AC?

I wonder if it's an eShop port of Gradius Rebirth or a VC release of Gradius: Interstellar Assault. (I think that's what it's called.)

likeGdid

Oh, I think I get it. NOA doesn't want to reveal Monster Hunter 3G yet because they want to give us all a pleasant surprise when they secretly release it later this year. Very crafty!

I wonder if it's an eShop port of Gradius Rebirth or a VC release of Gradius: Interstellar Assault. (I think that's what it's called.)
Interstellar Assault is the 2nd GB Gradius. The first one was called Nemesis.

Rebirth line needs to happen on 3DS imo. Port the 3 WiiWare games (Gradius, Contra, Castlevania) and then continue with more classic revivals (Salamander, Parodius, Goemon, etc). Hell, even some Hudson stuff would be good too, not like M2 is up yo much else these days.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh, I think I get it. NOA doesn't want to reveal Monster Hunter 3G yet because they want to give us all a pleasant surprise when they secretly release it later this year. Very crafty!

Don't open the wound! It was just finally healing! >>;;

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Stop talking about MH3G. Tomorrow there's the Capcom Gamescom Conference, and I want to avoid following it, for not being disappointed when I'll discover the surprised isn't MH3G.

Please :(

watershed

Banned
So Nintendo expects Paper Mario and 3rd party games to carry the 3ds through the holidays. Will be interesting to watch but the lack of AC really sucks.

Mpl90

So Nintendo expects Paper Mario and 3rd party games to carry the 3ds through the holidays. Will be interesting to watch but the lack of AC really sucks.

Not just Paper Mario.
Layton ( especially in Europe).
NSMB2 worldwide.
Plus, MK7 and Super Mario 3D Land selling again.

At least, it seems that, if they pick up momentum this Holiday, they won't let it decrease at the beginning of next year. Animal Crossing + Luigi+ Fire Emblem is a fantastic way to begin.

Nibel

Stop talking about MH3G. Tomorrow there's the Capcom Gamescom Conference, and I want to avoid following it, for not being disappointed when I'll discover the surprised isn't MH3G.

Please :(

You will say "wow"

BTW, isn't Picross coming this year to PAL territories?

Anth0ny

Luigi's Mansion delayed? Damn.

Not too disappointed, there's a lot of games coming in the next 4 months. And a new console.

Koomaster

I don't particularly care about arranging games to avoid droughts. If the game is ready, put it out! With no Animal Crossing out this year that IS a gaming drought for me. I'm not buying another title till they release AC. :|

jerry1594

Cave Story (DSiWare) barebones port, decent, chugs a bit here and there, 2D only, released in 2010 in America, 2011 in Japan, lol Europe

Cave Story 3D (3DS card) ugly polygonal "2.5D" remake, plays well, published by Nippon Ichi, bonus characters/areas, released in 2010/2011 worldwide

Cave Story + (3DS eShop) port of WiiWare/PC/Mac version, includes "16bit" graphics/audio options, 3D enabled, coming later this year

Wait wut? Will it really be 2D with 3D? Or is it just optimized for 3DS? And what about the 'paper' mode on the retail release?

qq more

FUCK.

So Animal Crossing (likely) and Luigi's Mansion in 2013. I guess it's just Paper Mario for me.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Layton. I guess I'll be mostly busy with the Wii U during the holidays. But still, fucking lame.

Murrah

Banned
Were people really expecting Animal Crossing this year. I mean it sucks that it's not coming but that seems like something Nintendo would have been making a big deal out of at E3 if it was coming so soon. Or you know, at least bothering to mention the game at all

kunonabi

Style Savvy: Trendsetters - unexpected surprise
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - sooner than I expected
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - I figured this would have been delayed instead of LM
Disney Epic Mickey
Code of Princess
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Harvest Moon

I still need to pick up Mario Tennis, Theatrhythm, Rhythm Thief, and NSMB2 so this list should certainly last me the year especially with the Wii U dropping.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Line-up is not that bad. I can understand Luigi being pushed back; much of the emphasis on buying Nintendo product this fall will be on Wii U, they wouldn't want to release every major first party title at once on 3DS.

Much of it would be fixed if Monster Hunter would actually be released though. That is the gaping hole in the US 3DS line up.

Problem is, ideally, MH3G really, REALLY, really, needs online play in the US for it to make a big impact on the 3DS right now. While there's not much faith in Capcom, if it's delay has been to add some features like that for this market, it's understandable.

MH3G w/ full online play on 3DS could be huge.

Edit: did a lot of people not see it was a partial list? Some stuff like Castlevania appear to not be listed.

zroid

Banned
Also, what, am I seeing this right? Is Unchained Blades now a retail/eShop dual release? Except it says the retail version is for "Summer", while eShop is "Q3"

huh

saichi

this reminds me of Wii 2008 holiday lineup with Animal Cross and Wii Music being the big titles... I hope this doesn't turn out to be as bad for 3DS

hachi

Banned
So the Luigi's Mansion mini-game in Nintendo Land can now serve as an advertisement bringing new players to the franchise in advance of its sequel.

Well, actually it introduces them to Pac Man Vs.

zroid

Banned
Despite the delays, for my money 3DS still has the best lineup of any platform this year by far.

My to-buys:
- NSMB2
- Paper Mario
- Prof. Layton 5
- Epic Mickey Power of Illusion
- Pokemon Black 2
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
- Fluidity
- Zero Escape *(might get this on Vita)

Castlevania and Luigi's Mansion would've been nice, but I'll live without those two. Saves me some money, anyhoo.

Might get Freakyforms Deluxe as well, undecided. EDIT: Also Code of Princess

Mpl90

Despite the delays, for my money 3DS still has the best lineup of any platform this year by far.

My to-buys:
- NSMB2
- Paper Mario
- Prof. Layton 5
- Pokemon Black 2
- Fluidity

Castlevania and Luigi's Mansion would've been nice, but I'll live without those two. Saves me some money, anyhoo.

Might get Freakyforms Deluxe as well, undecided.

The fact is that we don't know if Castlevania has been really delayed. It's still Fall 2012, as stated by the E3 Press Release.

zroid

Banned
The fact is that we don't know if Castlevania has been really delayed. It's still Fall 2012, as stated by the E3 Press Release.

Yeah, I haven't completely written it off to 2013 yet. But even if it were delayed, it wouldn't be so bad.

beje

Banned

Don't. The original game, while good, was barely worth the 6€ they charged, so sure as hell it isn't worth the 30 bucks they'll most likely charge for just more parts and an extra game mode.

I'm sad for the Luigi's Mansion delay but I guess Nintendo wants to save it, Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem for early 2013.
Where is Oni Training?

Tiktaalik

That's a really weak fall season. I expected a Animal Crossing to not appear, but the Luigi's Mansion delay is unfortunate. No Fire Emblem either.

I might pick up Code of Princess, but it looks possible that I won't be playing my 3DS again until TBA.

zroid

Banned
Don't. The original game, while good, was barely worth the 6€ they charged, so sure as hell it isn't worth the 30 bucks they'll most likely charge for just more parts and an extra game mode.

I've heard reasonably good things from across the pond, where I believe it's already out, but if I do get it, it'd probably have to be after a significant discount anyway.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

My to-buys:
- NSMB2
- Paper Mario
- Prof. Layton 5
- Pokemon Black 2
- Fluidity

I'm not sure what I'll get, but probably ...
- NSMB 2
- Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Pokemon Black 2

I don't know about the following, but I'll probably buy one or two and get the rest later on. With the Wii U coming out, I have to spend wisely lol:

- Professor Layton and The Mask of Miracle
- Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward
- Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion

I have Fluidity on the Wii, but I haven't played much of it - I got it from Club Nintendo. Should I slap myself and start playing it? lol.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters (Oct. 22) (Trailer) – Players can run their very own full-scale fashion shop and spark a fashion revolution by helping customers keep up with current trends, buying new clothes for their customizable store and sharing their creations with their friends online.
I kind of want this. >_>

Eh i suppose objectively you could bitch about the lineup itself but complaining you don't have anything to play now is ridiculous unless all you own is a 3DS!

Between the back catalogues of the DS itself and all other handhelds and consoles there are enough AAA games and hidden gems to last me at LEAST 5 fucking lifetimes, not even kidding here!

Top Bottom