• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA to start holiday eShop sales starting 11/25 at 9 AM PT

Scoops

Banned
$21 for AA Trilogy is a lot of game for a little investment. Well worth it.

Now then, I might be interesting in buying Wonderful 101 for 19... the game was good right?

Half of Gaf says it's the greatest game ever and the other half couldn't get past world 2 from what I hear.

I just bought it so we'll see.

joedick

There are some great deals in here. Heaven forbid you get a discount on a game and give more than a few pennies to an indie developer.

Roo

I was hoping for a 3D world sale. :( Maybe BB Canada will be nice?

Pikmin 3
Captain Todd
DKTFC

Can only get 1, maybe 2, what to do?

Well, Pikmin 3 physical copies are kind of rare now and even tho I had so much fun with Captain Toad, DKCTF is just on another level.

If I were you, I'd go with Pikmin 3 and DKCTF.

marrec

Banned
I've never played Phoenix Wright before, very tempting.

I'd never touched the Phoenix Wright games before buying AA Trilogy earlier this year and I have to say that they are some of the best game experiences I've had.

Even if you don't enjoy that type of game, you WILL enjoy Ace Attorney. They are some of the best games ever made.

Bulzeeb

Half of Gaf says it's the greatest game ever and the other half couldn't get past world 2 from what I hear.

haven't started playing it yet, but it seems the game is hete it or love it, there is no in between

Past

Has Lego Undercover City for the Wii U ever been on sale? Pretty crazy how it's still full price after 2+ years which is unheard of for a lego game.

KingWool

Banned
Has Lego Undercover City for the Wii U ever been on sale? Pretty crazy how it's still full price after 2+ years which is unheard of for a lego game.

It's Nintendo published, what do you expect? The game probably isn't even selling 100 copies a month and they won't discount it.

Ludovico

Trials and Tribulations is worth full price alone

FFFFiiinnneeee. I'll add the trilogy to the backlog, and save them for Christmas break. I still remember playing the first one on vacation during New Year's Eve, so comfy. Anyone else on the fence, these (or at least the first two) are amazing games.

Edit - I've got some gift card credit to Best Buy, are there deals on eShop cards or did I miss that?

Oh, actually: Is Star Fox Command good if I just want Star Fox gameplay and don't care about or mind weird furry fanfic endings?

Command is pretty terrible but if you're a big StarFox fan like me it's still worth a couple short playthroughs. Don't expect a high quality rail shooter though, it's almost entirely open all-range-mode levels.

Also don't pay attention to the story, I think it's a good idea they rebooted the franchise with Zero because Command really filled it up with shitty DeviantArt characters and fanfiction level writing.

Scoops

Banned
There are some great deals in here. Heaven forbid you get a discount on a game and give more than a few pennies to an indie developer.

People are spoiled rotten by Steam sales. I don't think these deals are too terrible considering these games still retail for $50-$60.

I would've bit on Pikmin 3 and WWHD (never played WW before) had they been sub $30, but I'm a broke college student so I can't really justify $30 plus videogames right now.

I picked up W101 for $19 though.

Elija2

Waw

TAG13gql.jpg

Well, that's the Canadian Dollar for you.

I'm happy that at least a few games got a good sale in Canada.

Everything listed on 3DS in the Cyber Deals section:

Fire Emblem Awakening - $27.99
Metroid - $2.49
Monster Hunter 4 - $23.99
DKCR 3D - $20.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt - $7.50
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - $27.99
Boxboy - $3.49
Ace Attorney Trilogy - $20.99
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - $9.99
Crashmo - $4.49
Kid Icarus Uprising - $24.49
Rune Factory 4 - $19.99
3D Sonic the Hedgehog - $2.99
3D Out Run - $4.19
Mario and Donkey Kong Minis on the Move - $6.49
Punch-Out!! - $2.49
Steamworld Dig - $2.49
Mario Golf World Tour - $20.99
1001 Spikes - $9.99
Inazuma Eleven - $9.99
VVVVVV - $7.99
Retro City Rampage - $4.99
Mutant Mudds - $4.49
Siesta Fiesta - $2.99

edit: well shit, that's what I get for taking so long :p

err 1001 spikes on 3DS was regular priced for $10.01
2 cent savings??

marrec

Banned
It's stupidly good. Are you a fan of action games/Kamiya/Platinum? Then you need it.

One of my favorite games of all time is Gunvalkyrie which has some pre-Platinum pedigree.

I actually haven't played any of the Platinum releases recently, this would be my first lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I turned a 180 on the game around world 3 or 4. The learning curve is pretty rough as you feel entirely incompetent for the early hours. Sussing out how to handle combos and play "stylishly" didn't come as naturally to me as other Platinum-esque action games.

The OT recommended a few Lets play "tutorial" videos (These are what helped me, as it helps tutorialize the player from a vanilla play instead of the worthless many other "tutorial videos" that show advanced strategies for newcomers using max upgrades and abilities unavailable to newcomers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P60Rghq2Q4&list=PLrekaHLD2rhb_YlOWgXBoGlDFjxxvdO_N

Still never really liked the drawing mechanic despite getting accustomed to it, but the sheer enthusiasm and impressive setpieces are worth experiencing.

I happen to have $12 left on my 3DS, I might get Boxboy + Crashmo + Steamworld Dig.

Recommendation: 1001 is a cool, hard platformer that's worth $10 imo. It has the same gameplay loop of super meat boy: load new level -> "fuck you this is impossible" -> beat level -> load new level -> "fuck you by the way this music is catchy". It has a lot of nasty tricks up it's sleeve, most of which are inventive and cool, and a select few that are kind of bullshit.

Note that it will probably be wayyy cheaper in the steam sale later today.

zroid

Banned
I'm probably going to get Shantae and maybe Rune Factory 4

I really was hoping for more VC deals but oh well. More money in my pocket.

npa189

Ace Attorney worth it at that price? never played one of these before. Might pick up box boy as I've heard good things.

tauroxd

Now then, I might be interesting in buying Wonderful 101 for 19... the game was good right?

haven't started playing it yet, but it seems the game is hete it or love it, there is no in between

might get wonderful 101 at that price

waiting on what steam has but man

I opened the 3ds store and just laughed and laughed

Get the game, let it teach you how it plays, take you time to understand it and then you will love it. The game is made with too much love and its main objective seems to be to make you smile like a child.

I played it with japanes voices, found it very funny that way. I've yet to play it again with english dub.

rockx4

I'll probably pick up rune factory 4, not sure what else yet. Savings kind of suck for most games, selection is also pretty slim.

Glix

I bought KI. My physical copy was loaned to a coworker and he didn't give it back when he left the company.

On the fence for Inazuma, Crashmo, Shante, Steamworld, and Yumis.

The cave story is good cave story and not that cave story 3d abomination, correct? Does it have cool 3d parallax effects and stuff? Does Pixel get money? I wanna give Pixel money.

EDIT - I really want Zelda for my WiiU. But I want it physical, not Digital, WiiU is so space constrained :-(

ohlawd

seems people are on the edge with Ace Attorney and Wonderful 101

buy them with confidence

I bought the game on day 1 for $39.99. Been playing since then from time to time. 94 hours on the clock but 0 online hours. HALP ME!

sure, man. hit up the OT in the community thread for more people. lol are you asking for assistance right now? now would be good since work is later

Top Bottom