• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA to start holiday eShop sales starting 11/25 at 9 AM PT

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The dollar is currently too high for these to be good deals.

I'll definately check out Scram Kitty as I've heard great things.

Shantae is a maybe. Hated the DSi one but I've heard this is much better

You think the sale would be any different the other way around? I doubt it.

Jhoan

I bought KI. My physical copy was loaned to a coworker and he didn't give it back when he left the company.

On the fence for Inazuma, Crashmo, Shante, Steamworld, and Yumis.

The cave story is good cave story and not that cave story 3d abomination, correct? Does it have cool 3d parallax effects and stuff? Does Pixel get money? I wanna give Pixel money.

EDIT - I really want Zelda for my WiiU. But I want it physical, not Digital, WiiU is so space constrained :-(
Shantae and Steamworld Dig are both Metroid style games complete with staple series abilities and backtracking to places. They're both solid games with great looking 2D sprites. Definitely worth checking out on sale.

Inazuma Eleven is basically Level 5's take on a soccer anime that's an RPG. Since it's a port of the DS game, you control the characters with the touch screen in games and characters level up and can be taught new over-the-top offensive and defensive skills. You can also recruit new players to your team. It's got Level 5's signature high production values. I'd say it's worth your time as well.

Decent sales but having only a 3DS, nothing catches my eye that I don't already have. Monster Hunter 4 looks attractive but I'll hold off since the demo was hard to wrap my head around. I highly recommend Box Boy since it's such a charming looking platform puzzle game. Box Boy with the beret and sun glasses is hilariously cool.

Platy

The dollar is currently too high for these to be good deals.

I'll definately check out Scram Kitty as I've heard great things.

Shantae is a maybe. Hated the DSi one but I've heard this is much better

...where are you from ?

If you purchase it on the eshop directly you have to have space to complete a purchase, so you'll need to delete something to make the sale.

However, if you make a purchase using Nintendo's website (or redeem a code via the "hidden" web portal) you can download later when you have time/space.

Thank you very much. I thought of the Nintendo.com eShop too, but the ones I want aren't on there (Ace Attorney trilogy, Rune Factory, etc.)

Glix

Shantae and Steamworld Dig are both Metroid style games complete with staple series abilities and backtracking to places. They're both solid games with great looking 2D sprites. Definitely worth checking out on sale.

Inazuma Eleven is basically Level 5's take on a soccer anime that's an RPG. Since it's a port of the DS game, you control the characters with the touch screen in games and characters level up and can be taught new over-the-top offensive and defensive skills. You can also recruit new players to your team. It's got Level 5's signature high production values. I'd say it's worth your time as well.

Decent sales but having only a 3DS, nothing catches my eye that I don't already have. Monster Hunter 4 looks attractive but I'll hold off since the demo was hard to wrap my head around. I highly recommend Box Boy since it's such a charming looking platform puzzle game. Box Boy with the beret and sun glasses is hilariously cool.

Oh I don't have to be sold on BoxBoy. Great game. Anything IS releases is usually an instabuy for me.

Pretty disappointing list of sales. Only two that interest me are Metroid Fusion & Ace Attorney trilogy, but the discounts aren't high enough that I feel like I have to buy them now; I'll just buy them at full price when I actually feel like replaying them.

nope, can't buy anything if you don't have space

what you can do is turn off your 3DS, take out the current card, stick another memory card with enough space for the game you want, then buy the game just so you have the license for it. plug your old card in and download into that

Thank you for the help. I don't have another microSD card, which is unfortunate. Oh well, I'll just wait for my new card to come and miss out on Ace Attorney and Rune Factory 4. But that's ok. Those games are worth it full price anyways.

Glix

I can't recommend Scram Kitty strongly enough.

kitty1z2yz9.png

Please join us in the OT if you -- nay, WHEN you -- spend less than $5 on the best game on the eShop.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112065724#post112065724

--

As for me, I'm thinking about picking up Rayman Legends since I sold it. I dunno though. $20 is steep for re-buying the game. It's going for as low as $12 sold complete on eBay recently. I don't think I can buy that one.

I don't think I bought Kirby RTDL yet, though I sold or traded in my copy already. So I'll pick that up now that it's on sale. But I am disappointed in this sale overall. The prices aren't tremendous. I want to re-buy LM2 at some point but I think the ask is a bit steep for a digital Black Friday sale.

Looks kinda cool... but this is not the sequel to Uniraces that we deserve.

Okay, so I have another question related to my previous one regarding not having enough space on my memory card before buying something on the 3DS eShop...

If I delete a game I already purchased just so I free up enough room for buying a new game, then when I upgrade my memory card...could I just go back to the eShop and re-download the game I deleted?

Example, let's say I wanted Ace Attorney Trilogy and it's 20000 blocks or something, and I choose to delete Resident Evil Revelations so I have enough space to buy and download Ace Attorney Trilogy, then I upgrade my memory card to increase space...could I go back to the eShop to download Resident Evil Revelations 3D?

Thank you for anyone who can confirm and let me know.

ilium

Okay, so I have another question related to my previous one regarding not having enough space on my memory card before buying something on the 3DS eShop...

If I delete a game I already purchased just so I free up enough room for buying a new game, then when I upgrade my memory card...could I just go back to the eShop and re-download the game I deleted?

Example, let's say I wanted Ace Attorney Trilogy and it's 20000 blocks or something, and I choose to delete Resident Evil Revelations so I have enough space to buy and download Ace Attorney Trilogy, then I upgrade my memory card to increase space...could I go back to the eShop to download Resident Evil Revelations 3D?

Yes you can download it again any time.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Of course. So long as you redownload it using the same 3DS system holding the licenses. It only gets tricky if you update to a new 3DS and need to transfer your licenses.

Swapping SD cards on the same machine won't be a problem(and you can even use a PC/Mac to drag and drop games and files super easily to a bigger card without deleting/redownloading)

Yes you can download it again any time.

Thanks a lot!

Of course. So long as you redownload it using the same 3DS system holding the licenses. It only gets tricky if you update to a new 3DS and need to transfer your licenses.

Swapping SD cards on the same machine won't be a problem(and you can even use a PC/Mac to drag and drop games and files super easily to a bigger card without deleting/redownloading)

Hm...I did buy the New Nintendo 3DS from the Happy Animal Crossing Bundle so I'll upgrade to it. But what if I do what I suggested in my example with Ace Attorney Trilogy with my current New Nintendo 3DS XL, then I upgrade the memory card from 32GB to 128GB and redownload Resident Evil Revelations 3D...

Could I then just transfer all my stuff from my 128GB card into the New Nintendo 3DS from the Happy Animal Crossing Bundle's system with no problems?

Thanks a lot again!

bender

What time is it?
I believe eShop cards are 15% off at BestBuy tomorrow which helps make these deals better. I think I'm going to go with:

-Etrian Odyssey Untold (is this a good starting point for the series)?
-Fire Emblem
-Ace Attorney Trilogy

Ludist210

I'll probably get Rune Factory 4 digitally. I've got a physical copy that I've opened the shrink-wrap on, but never put in my system. I'm guessing I can sell that for a decent price...

I'll probably get Rune Factory 4 digitally. I've got a physical copy that I've opened the shrink-wrap on, but never put in my system. I'm guessing I can sell that for a decent price...

Great game. I have the physical copy as well, but I'd like a digital copy so I never have to swap out a game I like.

Housh

I can't decide between Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate or Kid Icarus. I was hoping on getting Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for cheap but maybe boxing day.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thanks a lot!

Hm...I did buy the New Nintendo 3DS from the Happy Animal Crossing Bundle so I'll upgrade to it. But what if I do what I suggested in my example with Ace Attorney Trilogy with my current New Nintendo 3DS XL, then I upgrade the memory card from 32GB to 128GB and redownload Resident Evil Revelations 3D...

Could I then just transfer all my stuff from my 128GB card into the New Nintendo 3DS from the Happy Animal Crossing Bundle's system with no problems?

Thanks a lot again!

The licenses for games only exist on one 3DS. You are free to redownload any purchases made on the unit holding your licenses. So yes, you can grab Ace Attorney and redownload RE on the newer SD card eventually using your 3DS XL without issue.

If you transfer your licenses to the AC 3DS, then during that process(there is an homescreen app that walks you through this), your older 3DS XL WILL BE restored to factory settings(as if it was a brand new system). Your licenses will only exist on the AC 3DS after the transfer and any purchases will only be available to download/play on that unit.

Bottom-line, you cannot download your games(or play digital games) using two different 3DS units. Only one 3DS holds your NNID and license info. Whatever unit that is will be the one that you can freely access your content on.

is this the cheapest pikmin 3 has gotten?

In NA, I believe so. I bought it cheaper however during the Mario Kart 8 promotion when people were selling their codes on Ebay.

If you really want it, I would recommend it at this price point since it's cheaper than Ebay or other outlets for the physical copy. And in all honesty, Pikmin 3 is one of the Wii U's greatest games. It's easily worth the full price and the only thing I wish is that the multplayer mode is online. Otherwise, great graphics, great gamplay, and just fantastic in general. This is coming from someone who didn't play too much of the older Pikmins, but loved the 3rd iteration enough to go back and play the older titles.

I'm looking at right now is Pikmin, Captain Toad, and Kid Icarus. Leaning towards only Kid Icarus (because of how ungodly expensive it is physically) and Pikmin.

How much can Pikmin be found at physically compared to this deal?

ohlawd

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot again!

yeah, the most important thing you have the license for the games

so to summarize, you want to
delete some games in your current 3DS to make room for the downloadable titles
upgrade from your 32 into a 128 with the same 3DS and download back the games you deleted
then do a system transfer into the AC 3DS?

this is gonna work out. just don't do anything on your AC 3DS except setup wireless. set that up then do the transfer. no steps in between

The licenses for games only exist on one 3DS. You are free to redownload any purchases made on the unit holding your licenses. So yes, you can grab Ace Attorney and redownload RE on the newer SD card eventually using your 3DS XL without issue.

If you transfer your licenses to the AC 3DS, then during that process(there is an homescreen app that walks you through this), your older 3DS XL WILL BE restored to factory settings(as if it was a brand new system). Your licenses will only exist on the AC 3DS after the transfer and any purchases will only be available to download/play on that unit.

Bottom-line, you cannot download your games(or play digital games) using two different 3DS units. Only one 3DS holds your NNID and license info. Whatever unit that is will be the one that you can freely access your content on.

Perfect. That's what I thought from your response but I just wanted to confirm it. I've transferred like...half a dozen times (dumb Nintendo system iterations yet I keep buying them), but I've never ran out of space before. Haha.

Thanks again. I'll do just that. I love the Ace Attorney series and Rune Factory 4.

Despite a lot of disappointment for the sale by many posters here, there are honestly some good titles here that are easily worth the full price so they should definitely be considered even if the sale in general isn't too great.

Looks like Im gonna save tons of money with this sale, because there is nothing I want to get. I was so exited about this, I set my expectations too high for Nintendo I suppose.

fernoca

Pretty sure those are weekly sales. I remember the Guild games sale was announced in the weekly PR last week.
Yep, along the Cyber sale there's a Level 5 sale, an Activision sale and a few others (like Adventure Time Investigations).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Box Boy is one of my favorite puzzle games ever, and everyone should absolutely play it.

I loved it so much I 100%'d it once in Japanese, and then again months later when it got released in English. It's lovely.

yami4ct

How's MH4? Are people still playing it online?

Easily one of my favorite games of the year. The changes from MH3 are smart and add a ton. I'm not currently playing it, will probably hop back in at some point, but given quite a few people were playing MH:3U online almost 2-years after release on Wii-U, I'm absolutely certain you can find games.

How's MH4? Are people still playing it online?

If you're into hunting games, it's fantastic. I loved it. Best and most accessible Monster Hunter so far.

3DS started off with such a strong start to the year with Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter, that I think we forgot how good these games are by the end of the year.

Seriously, for $20ish bucks, Monster Hunter 4 has a crazy amount of value if you like it.

Note to anyone curious, too...I didn't like Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate on the 3DS or Wii U. I played the demo...didn't like it. I bought the game when there was a Capcom sale last year...didn't like.

But I tried out Monster Hunter 4 and I really liked it. So don't like the demo stop you. Also, Pro Tip, if you are really curious, just go to GameStop (if you are in the US), buy the game pre-owned/used and if you don't like it, just return it in 7 days or less to get your full money back. I've done it for games I wasn't sure about, but when I love a game, I return it and buy it new. Monster Hunter 4 was one of these and it was totally worth it.

yeah, the most important thing you have the license for the games

so to summarize, you want to
delete some games in your current 3DS to make room for the downloadable titles
upgrade from your 32 into a 128 with the same 3DS and download back the games you deleted
then do a system transfer into the AC 3DS?

this is gonna work out. just don't do anything on your AC 3DS except setup wireless. set that up then do the transfer. no steps in between

Thanks a lot. I'll do just that. I just wanted to be sure...Nintendo is so backwards that things that should be intuitive and make sense...aren't always true. So I wanted to be safe even though I knew most of this already. Nice to have confirmation.

I neglected my 3DS for the last couple years aside from a few stellar games that kept my attention compared to other systems and their games (e.g. Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4)...but with the announcement of the two games I've been waiting for for years (DQ7) and wished for (DQ8)...it's time to get back into the 3DS and try games I've been saving but haven't played yet.

Yokai Watch, Ace Attorney, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc. all seems promising. I wish there more sales for people to really dig into.

jblank83

Boxboy is really quite nice.

It's a game I stayed away from because the art style didn't appeal and the gameplay didn't look amazing, but I was wrong. The art style does a lot with a little and is visually pleasing. The gameplay is creative, intelligent, and fun. The controls are pixel perfect. And the music is great stuff.

At $3.50 I'd highly recommend to any platform puzzle fans.

Box Boy is one of my favorite puzzle games ever, and everyone should absolutely play it.

I loved it so much I 100%'d it once in Japanese, and then again months later when it got released in English. It's lovely.

I'm definitely happy this is on sale, even though it wasn't expensive to begin with. It'll be the first thing I scoop up.

Boxboy is really quite nice.

It's a game I stayed away from because the art style didn't appeal and the gameplay didn't look amazing, but I was wrong. The art style does a lot with a little and is visually pleasing. The gameplay is creative, intelligent, and fun. The controls are pixel perfect. And the music is great stuff.

At $3.50 I'd highly recommend to any platform puzzle fans.

I've heard praise for it on NeoGaf but some places online don't seem to lavish as much praise for it (i.e. Nintendolife if I recall correctly)...

From your experience, what did you love so much about it compared to say...Mario and Donkey Kong: March of the Minis or other puzzle games?

Edit: Nevermind, you explained it quite well, I guess I didn't read it close enough, but I'll give it shot based on your recommendation. Thanks!

jblank83

I've heard praise for it on NeoGaf but some places online don't seem to lavish as much praise for it (i.e. Nintendolife if I recall correctly)...

From your experience, what did you love so much about it compared to say...Mario and Donkey Kong: March of the Minis or other puzzle games?

Edit: Nevermind, you explained it quite well, I guess I didn't read it close enough, but I'll give it shot based on your recommendation. Thanks!

I wouldn't compare it to the M v DK games at all, unless I compared it to the first two (GB + GBA). They were true puzzle platformers. The new games are more Lemmings style pure puzzle games.

It's a slower, more cerebral experience. It's not as hectic as most puzzle platformers. If I had to compare it directly to another, I'd say it reminds me more of Crashmo/Pushmo. The gimmick is that Boxboy can create a number of boxes to place in the environment to overcome environmental puzzles (e.g. Boxboy can only jump 1 box high, but the wall is 2 blocks high, so he places a box next to the wall to jump on, then jumps over the wall). The complexity comes in later when you start creating "tetris-like" shapes of multiple blocks (e.g. an "L block") to overcome progressively more complex environmental puzzles. Then the environment throws in switches and so on.

It's not the most groundbreaking game I've ever played, but it is clever, fun, well designed, and well produced, from the gameplay to the production values (surprisingly, given the art style consists entirely of black and white line art [plus some particle effects]). Not sure why Nintendolife doesn't like it, but I enjoy puzzle platform games and so far I'm really liking Boxboy.

Hope you enjoy it too!

I'm not a six year old girl, do I still want to cook mama? And if I do cook mama, should I do it for the fourth or fifth time? Any significant differences?

Dee Dee

I'm not a six year old girl, do I still want to cook mama? And if I do cook mama, should I do it for the fourth or fifth time? Any significant differences?

I haven't played it, but if you value the advice from random strangers: There are better games to be had for that money. No doubt in my mind. You don't really save money in a sale by spending it on stuff you did not want in the first place.

As a European, I hope to god they bring us that Rune Factory sale too. Everything else is just bonus.

VandalD

If you're not afraid to fully dive into a game that will demand patience and learning from you, get Monster Hunter 4 and enjoy yourself for a few hundred hours. That's what I did, and I didn't even get to the endgame multiplayer stuff. Maybe I'll do that at some point.

Nothing for me in today's sales. Would've been a good time to get MH4 or RF4 if I didn't already have them though.

KevinCow

Banned
I got Box Boy, 3D Sonic the Hedgehog, and Retro City Rampage. Probably shouldn't have spent the money... but what the hell, it's like $11.

Revven

I'm tempted to get Kirby's Return to Dreamland because I never finished it all the way and it could be a good romp with my friend again -- does it allow the GamePad to be used for one player and then the other could use a Classic Controller? Anyone know?

Also thinking about Mario Golf 64 just because it's $5 and I loved the original and haven't played it in forever (I didn't even realize Mario Golf 64 was on the Wii U VC).

And Sonic 3D is tempting...

Edit: Oh I forgot Kirby's RtD is a wiimote only game which means no GamePad controls support. Forget it... lol.

jblank83

And Sonic 3D is tempting...

Edit: Oh I forgot Kirby's RtD is a wiimote only game which means no GamePad controls support. Forget it... lol.

The Sega 3D games are solid productions, complete with new and well designed interfaces. They have multiple settings as well as save states. Sonic since the death of the Dreamcast is hot garbage, but Sonic 3D is worth the buy at the sale price.

Top Bottom