• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA to start holiday eShop sales starting 11/25 at 9 AM PT

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems there's more, at least for Wayforward

https://wayforward.com/news/2015/11/the-obligatory-fall-sale-you-totally-expected/

3DS
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! 2 (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]

WiiU
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! 2 (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]

Nintendo Cyber Deals listed only Shantae.

I've considered trying out RFIV a few times. Not sure if $20 is the right price thigh considering I don't have any time to responsibly spend playing it in the near future.

Syril

I didn't like MH3U. Should I still bother with 4?

I didn't like HM A New Beginning and never played other HM games. Same question about RF4.

I was always interested in both games though.
What didn't you like in MH3U? 4 has a lot of improvements but it's still Monster Hunter if you know what I mean.

Rune Factory 4 for 20 bucks.....oooooh....

Also I can finally stop being a cranky old man and actually TRY Fire Emblem Awakening.
and then get cranky again once I actually have legitimate reasons to dislike it.
Just kidding, I'll keep an open mind.

xinek

I want to get one of the 15% off eshop cards from Best Buy and use it for this sale, but they can't be picked up at the store, and the earliest it would arrive is Dec 4. Great. Can anyone confirm you have to wait for a physical card in the mail?

Richie

If there are gonna be more deals today (a man can dream!) we'll find out within a few minutes.

If not, darned lucky Yuropeans! :p

are any of the DLC discounted for the games on sale?

I would totally buy the FE DLC/RF4 dlc.

Also, when does the 15% of BB eshop sale begin? Is it today or on black friday?

Astral Dog

There's a few Harvest Moon games on sale... which is best?
O dont know much about HM games, but RF has more things, dungeon crawling, RPG lite, slightly more detailed visuals and better music. 3 and Frontier were nice. So if 4 is as good its an easy recommendation.

Meier

My Wii U Premium is basically completely full. Can someone tell me what memory options I have? Could I just plug in a thumb drive and have it function or do I need to buy an external HD or what?

jblank83

My Wii U Premium is basically completely full. Can someone tell me what memory options I have? Could I just plug in a thumb drive and have it function or do I need to buy an external HD or what?

External hard drives are recommended. You can get 1-2 TB externals dirt cheap. I believe there's a topic about this somewhere, but am not sure what it's called.

Thumb drives work but are not recommended due to higher risk of data loss.

jblank83

Unfortunately delivery from their website is Dec 4 and this sale end the 2nd. Which means I have to go to a store 😱

How long are the cards 15% off?

No idea how long.

You only have to go to a store if you want the cards today. If you buy online, they charge you the sale price and deliver it by the 4th.

No idea how long.

You only have to go to a store if you want the cards today. If you buy online, they charge you the sale price and deliver it by the 4th.

Right, but the Black Friday deals on the eShop end on the 2nd. So I can't wait for a Dec 4th delivery

KingWool

Banned
Loaded up the eshop to see these deals just to make it feel more real than reading them on here.

I can't believe Nintendo thinks any part of this is a great sale. As I turned off the Wii U in disgust I chuckled to myself and thought about how the system is failing and the massive market share that Nintendo keeps eroding.

It's amazing how egotistical Nintendo still remains as they fade away in relevancy.

Gator86

Loaded up the eshop to see these deals just to make it feel more real than reading them on here.

I can't believe Nintendo thinks any part of this is a great sale. As I turned off the Wii U in disgust I chuckled to myself and thought about how the system is failing and the massive market share that Nintendo keeps eroding.

It's amazing how egotistical Nintendo still remains as they fade away in relevancy.

This is gonna conjure so much salt, but I agree with almost all of it. I feel no pity for Nintendo at any point. Compared to the deals everywhere else, these are pretty laughable.

Mortemis

Banned
Man, this shit is weak. At least for 3ds, don't got a wii u.

Still, I missed out on when the AA trilogy was that cheap, so I'm definitely getting that. It's been a while since I've played these games.

ngower

Any impressions of Inazuma Eleven? Going back and forth between that and Phoenix Wright. I haven't played either series and I know people will recommend Phoenix Wright over Inazuma Eleven, but I'm not gonna lie that series has never really appealed to me.

Picked up:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Mario Golf: World Tour
Rune Factory 4
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Wonderful 101

Expected to grab more, but meh. Would rebuy Captain Toad as digital and sell my disc if it was like $20

Nothing really interests me, since I have the titles I want (I don't buy digital copies of retail titles anyway).

I'm just happy that I was able to get Crimson Shroud from the Guild 5 sale, because I missed my opportunity to get it last year. It has been a long wait, but I got my second chance.

I can't even think of any other small titles that I want right now. Honestly, the eShop exclusive content in general just does not excite me. Nintendo needs to definitely work on this in the future.

CDX

Wii U

Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – $34.99
Metroid Fusion – $4.79
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition – $7.49
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – $27.99
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $9.99
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – $34.99
Rayman Legends – $19.99
Adventures of Pip – $7.49
Pushmo World – $4.99
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land – $12.99
Teslagrad – $7.49
Chariot – $7.49
Star Fox Command – $4.99
Never Alone – $5.99
SteamWorld Dig – $4.99
Pikmin 3 – $38.99
Art of Balance – $4.49
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – $9.99
The Wonderful 101 – $19.49
Mario Golf – $4.99
Child of Light – $7.49
Blek – $2.99
Little Inferno – $4.99
Mutant Mudds Deluxe – $4.99
Scram Kitty – $4.99

3DS

Fire Emblem Awakening - $27.99
Metroid - $2.49
Monster Hunter 4 - $23.99
DKCR 3D - $20.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt - $7.50
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - $27.99
Boxboy - $3.49
Ace Attorney Trilogy - $20.99
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - $9.99
Crashmo - $4.49
Kid Icarus Uprising - $24.49
Rune Factory 4 - $19.99
3D Sonic the Hedgehog - $2.99
3D Out Run - $4.19
Mario and Donkey Kong Minis on the Move - $6.49
Punch-Out!! - $2.49
Steamworld Dig - $2.49
Mario Golf World Tour - $20.99
1001 Spikes - $9.99
Inazuma Eleven - $9.99
VVVVVV - $7.99
Retro City Rampage - $4.99
Mutant Mudds - $4.49
Siesta Fiesta - $2.99

Think I'm going to get Pushmo World.

Almost everything else that I'd be interested in I already have.

Was hoping some more of the E3 sales from a few months ago would have made a repeat especially Link Between Worlds because I've decided I want that digitally if I could get it for that sale price.

Glix

I haven't played KI since the OG 3DS... Playing it on a n3DS xl now... my god this game is stunning.

Maybe not the most impressive technically (Capcoms games are real impressive), but to me, it is the finest looking game on the system by a mile. Especially the on rails parts.

The on rails allows the terrain/background to be incredible and allows for more polys on stuff like KI himself, and the enemies, and its fantastic. The enemy animations are sublime and the 3D effect is the best of any game on the system.

I forgot how much I love this game.

EDIT - The fact that a StarFox game was not made with this engine is a crime against humanity.

Foffy

Banned
Pushmo World and BoxBoy seem like the only things people should absolutely capitalize at those prices. Bonus points for both, coincidentally, being puzzle-based platformers.

Just a small warning for Pushmo World fans:
download the DLC puzzles and do not play them from the online server. Certain puzzles, like the ones where moving one color will cause a contrasting one to move in the other way, are actually bugged unless you download the puzzle. They become unwinnable otherwise.

I have $7.50 or so left on my eshop balance. What should I get?

Boxboy if you don't already have it and enjoy puzzle games. I think it's $3.50. I was totally won over. It's creative, has a perfect learning curve and does a surprising amount of things both visually and mechanically with such simple aesthetics.

If you hate it, hey, it was only 3.50.

Archon473

I need to know when this deal expires. I ordered a bunch of cards from Best Buy online Thursday morning and only this morning realized they were physical cards being shipped to me. I woke up for work today and my first thought was, "Are those cards going to arrive at my house before the sale ends?" Worst case scenario, I buy Kirby's Return to Dreamland and have some extra eShop cash for who knows what.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Boxboy if you don't already have it and enjoy puzzle games. I think it's $3.50. I was totally won over. It's creative, has a perfect learning curve and does a surprising amount of things both visually and mechanically with such simple aesthetics.

If you hate it, hey, it was only 3.50.

Already own it, it's great.

How is Azure Striker Gunvolt?
It's good, I'd say grab it if you've got an itch for a Mega Man-like game. Nice sprites that hearken to the 16/32bit era, good mechanics, some cool bosses. It's not going to rock your socks off like Mega Man X or anything, but it's solid enough that I felt compelled to replay the stages and get good ranks. It's more focused on speed and taking out enemies efficiently than platforming though.

Cindro

Popping in to give some love to Rune Factory 4. It is by far the best in the Rune Factory series, and better than any Harvest Moon game I've played too. You'll get far more than your money's worth out of it at $20. It's delightful.

Taramoor

Some more stuff seems to be on sale. saw Darksiders 2, various Spider-Men, and Transformers on sale.

Not sure if they're connected to the Black Friday stuff, but I'm hoping.

Top Bottom