• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA to start holiday eShop sales starting 11/25 at 9 AM PT

Bought WW HD, MH4U, Mario Golf: WT, and Phoenix Wright trilogy.

I never played WW. The only main console zelda game I played was TP. Loving WW so far (even though I forgot to save until the first dungeon, where I turned off my WiiU and completely lost everything -.-). As a result, I'm kind of unmotivated to play it right now ugh...

Also started Phoenix wright and I'm on case 3 and i'm loving it so far! Haven't started MH4U or MG:WT, but i've heard good things about both games.

Now I'm wondering what to spend my remaining 15 dollars on...

pariah164

It is done. Apologies for the potato cam.

VCqdfio.jpg
Yes, those are badges to the left of the games. Yes, I paid the Badge Arcade to earn most some of them. No regrets.

staen

I'm debating between Rune Factory 4 or Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning. I'm leaning more towards RF4 because I'm thinking Story of Seasons makes ANB kind of obsolete? Is there any reason to pick up both A New Beginning and Story of Seasons?

ar4757

I'm debating between Rune Factory 4 or Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning. I'm leaning more towards RF4 because I'm thinking Story of Seasons makes ANB kind of obsolete? Is there any reason to pick up both A New Beginning and Story of Seasons?

I'd say no to the latter question. I've enjoyed Story of Seasons a lot more, made it to 40 hours currently and still feel like there's lots to do.

Rune Factory 4 is the best game ever so definitely go for that

Besides Crimson and Maiden, are any of the other L5 games worth it? Like Friday or Omase?

Pulled the trigger on Monster Hunter, bit worried about playing it on my OG 3DS. Should get a CPP?

Lots of good stuff in there!
Go to Walmart an buy the New 3DS happy Home bundle, it' ll look and play better on the system. Well at least it' ll be less cumbersome than having the CPP attached in there XD

Dee Dee

Besides Crimson and Maiden, are any of the other L5 games worth it? Like Friday or Omase?

Go to Walmart an buy the New 3DS happy Home bundle, it' ll look and play better on the system. Well at least it' ll be less cumbersome than having the CPP attached in there XD

Attack of the Friday Monsters has nearly no gameplay but great atmosphere. 3$? Worth it!!
Omasse has nearly no challenge but great dialogue. 3$! Why not?
I think of all the guild games, I put the most hours into Omasse. Friday Monsters is the one too easiestly appeal to all kinds of people though.

Opinions on Liberation Maiden are mixed - it is a clear "no" if you are left-handed.

I haven't played Bugs vs Tanks though.

Oh, and if you enjoy sorting puzzles that really fuck with you, there is also Aero Porter. It's devillish.

zigg

All this Rune Factory 4 purchasing is reminding me that I really have to start the game over, I moved on when the credits rolled and forgot to go back, and now I have no idea what to do

I have this vague impression that there's some event that needs to happen but it sure as heck ain't happening as I walk around town just talking to people ��

Great game, though. Was super-addicted to it. Rune Factory is a great series

Attack of the Friday Monsters has nearly no gameplay but great atmosphere. 3$? Worth it!!
Omasse has nearly no challenge but great dialogue. 3$! Why not?
I think of all the guild games, I put the most hours into Omasse. Friday Monsters is the one too easiestly appeal to all kinds of people though.

Opinions on Liberation Maiden are mixed - it is a clear "no" if you are left-handed.

I haven't played Bugs vs Tanks though.

Oh, and if you enjoy sorting puzzles that really fuck with you, there is also Aero Porter. It's devillish.
Thanks for the advice.

Any other similar recomendations like Aero porter that one might miss out? Also is the Mighty Switch Force games better on Wii U and if i was going to pick just one should it be the first or two?

SScorpio

Wait, you mean both NSMBU and NSLU for $60?

Refurbished = used?

I think they were pulled out of older Wii-U bundle stock when the games changed. I bought one two weeks ago. It's shrink wrapped and had two stickers on top the wrap one said refurbished, the other was a new barcode. Pulling from both off and it looked like a new retail copy.

MrGameBoy

As a Wii U-only gamer, I snagged Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails. Enjoyed the former (though I neither care for the secondary challenges nor occasionally spotty camera), and got started with the latter (controls definitely take some time to get accustomed to, but are rewarding once you "get it". Still on the fence as to whether to get Pushmo World: never played the series on 3DS, but I don't know when/if I will get a (New) 3DS.

Overall, not too shabby for eShop cyber sales.

Friday Monsters is surprisingly enjoyable. Laid back, great music and visuals, simple gameplay. It's got a strongly evocative sense of place and time. Feels like it's going to be a nice little coming of age story. Very loosely reminds me of Earthbound in a certain sense.

leroidys

As a Wii U-only gamer, I snagged Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails. Enjoyed the former (though I neither care for the secondary challenges nor occasionally spotty camera), and got started with the latter (controls definitely take some time to get accustomed to, but are rewarding once you "get it". Still on the fence as to whether to get Pushmo World: never played the series on 3DS, but I don't know when/if I will get a (New) 3DS.

Definitely don't sleep on Pushmo world. The game is amazing.

Oh dang. I was only looking on my 3ds. Anyone have a list of the WiiU compatible deals?

Edit. Oh duh. The link in the OP works. Nice deals~

Unison

Which is better:

Rune Factory 4

- or -

Harvest Moon 3D

- or -

Harvest Moon 3D The Lost Valley

They seem similar enough that I'd probably only want one.

maxcriden

Friday Monsters is surprisingly enjoyable. Laid back, great music and visuals, simple gameplay. It's got a strongly evocative sense of place and time. Feels like it's going to be a nice little coming of age story. Very loosely reminds me of Earthbound in a certain sense.

See? I'd never steer you wrong, WWR! 😀

Got those too.

I trust you have the Pushmo games already? I can't recommend Crashmo as it's a bit unintuitive and insabely difficult to me.

Pushmo World is wonderful and the puzzles and some of the mechanics are totally different than those in the other Pushmo games. You won't regret getting the game. We got.many hours of enjoyment out of it.

Anyone else having trouble logging into the 3DS eShop today? I'm trying to get on these sales but getting an error code when I try to launch.

What's the appeal of Rune Factory 4? I heard nothing but good things from it but it looks like every other RF game. Is it as good as the early Harvest Moon games?

What's the appeal of Rune Factory 4? I heard nothing but good things from it but it looks like every other RF game. Is it as good as the early Harvest Moon games?

It's mechanically (farming) really similar to the older Harvest Moon games. The RF games have dungeon crawling, loot, crafting and monster friending though. Oh and there's an actually story.

Picked up Pushmo on a whim. Turned if off after two agonizingly slow tutorial levels. I'll try it again later today when I have more patience -_-

Varg

Banned
Bought the splatoon/smash bundle and I can't believe how awesome both games are. I'm pretty bummed that Mario kart 8 isn't on sale though this weekend, I want to buy it so bad .

Nairume

Banned
Is Alphadia Genesis any good? Online reviews weren't very helpful...
It's passable. There is a lot of really neat things about it, but it is very clear that it is a quick port of an already cheaply made game.

That said, I paid 15 for it and felt like it was worth it.

I was hoping I could find a physical copy of DK: Tropical Freeze on Black Friday/Cyber Monday for a cheaper price than $34.99 but I couldn't. Guess I'll download on the eshop.

Top Bottom