• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA to start holiday eShop sales starting 11/25 at 9 AM PT

SalvaPot

I'm looking at right now is Pikmin, Captain Toad, and Kid Icarus. Leaning towards only Kid Icarus (because of how ungodly expensive it is physically) and Pikmin.

How much can Pikmin be found at physically compared to this deal?

Pikmin 3 is in the exact situation as Kid Icarus, so its more expensive that MSRP.

Edit: Woops, double post.

Really disappointed at no DLC sales for Nintendo games.

I suppose I can wait a few weeks to see if there are any sales announced at the upcoming Smash Bros direct, but I was hoping for at least a small discount this sale.

Revven

Lol turns out I had Mario Golf 64 on my vWii (likely from a Club Nintendo code) so I just transferred it for $2 and then decided to get Sonic the Hedgehog 3D -- I wish 2 was on sale but oh well. I have more fond memories with 2 than 1 but 1 is fine for now.

sonto340

Bought the fuck out of Ace Attorney Trilogy. Was looking at that last night thinking about how I wanted a sale on it.

Would have liked a deeper discount then $10 but it's better than nothing.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
It finally happened! I thought this day would never come... Got a full Sd card error message while trying to buy Gunvolt. What should I do, GAF?

ngower

Wow...this is surprisingly good. Just a tad above being some amazing deals, but still very solid.

Looking at 3D Outrun, Punchout, Metroid: Fusion, Shantae, Phoenix Wright, Rune Factory, Inazuma Eleven, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus or MH4U. Inazuma Eleven seems like a go-to.

Kadin

Are there going to be new deals added tomorrow or is this it?
I hope so but haven't seen anything saying that will happen. As it is now, I just turned on my Wii U and 3DS, looked at what's on sale and turned both off. Anything there that I would play I already have. Was hoping to see OoT on sale but alas it's not. Ah well.

Ponn

Banned
The impression i'm getting in different threads is EO Untold isn't ver good but EO Untold 2 is good. Is Untold 1 not even worth getting for $10?

Sterok

The impression i'm getting in different threads is EO Untold isn't ver good but EO Untold 2 is good. Is Untold 1 not even worth getting for $10?

I've only played Untold 1, but I thought it was great. It was a good introduction to the mechanics of the series, and playing on story/normal mode I was able to get a grasp of all the fundamentals. I'm sure purists don't like it as much for some of its changes (some story-wise, others gameplay related), but I think it's a great intro and is well worth $10.

Sora_N

I didn't like MH3U. Should I still bother with 4?

I didn't like HM A New Beginning and never played other HM games. Same question about RF4?

I was always interested in both of these 3DS games though.

Beartruck

Probably getting Shantae. Is it better on Wii U or 3ds?

Rune Factory 4 is tempting, and I'm definitely getting Never Alone.

Sora_N

I didn't like HM A New Beginning and never played other HM games. Same question about RF4.

I was always interested in both games though.

Ponn

Banned
I've only played Untold 1, but I thought it was great. It was a good introduction to the mechanics of the series, and playing on story/normal mode I was able to get a grasp of all the fundamentals. I'm sure purists don't like it as much for some of its changes (some story-wise, others gameplay related), but I think it's a great intro and is well worth $10.

Thanks. I tried a little of EOIV but couldn't get into it and i've been playing Persona Q and loving it so I wanted to give the EO series another shot.

RM8

Box Boy and... that's it. Ugh, if only I didn't strongly oppose buying digital versions of games available in physical form :p

Kazerei

Banned

I didn't like HM A New Beginning and never played other HM games. Same question about RF4?

I was always interested in both of these 3DS games though.

MH4U has online multiplayer, which I think makes it alot more fun. You can progress alot faster and it feels less grindy when you're playing with others.

Rune Factory is like half Harvest Moon, half hack-n-slash action RPG. You'll probably like it more, but you can't completely ignore the everyday farming/crafting aspects.

KevinCow

Banned
Okay Box Boy is adorable. I just unlocked a superhero cape and he wears it like Batman. Highly recommended just for that alone.

Kazerei

Banned
Welp, I picked up Inazuma Eleven, Weapon Shop de Omasse, and Box Boy. I already have most of the other games I'm interested in. I'm kind of disappointed that the discounts weren't deeper and that more games weren't on sale, yet I picked up a few, heh.

nimbusstev

Neo Member
Eh, this is a pretty lame sale. Why is everything always so much more expensive on Nintendo systems?

Mutant Mudds for $5 on WiiU... when I can get it for half that price on Steam this very instant. I can't even remember the last time I bought a multiplatform game on a Nintendo console.

Eh, this is a pretty lame sale. Why is everything always so much more expensive on Nintendo systems?

Mutant Mudds for $5 on WiiU... when I can get it for half that price on Steam this very instant. I can't even remember the last time I bought a multiplatform game on a Nintendo console.

Because the titles are "evergreen". You know, bullshit reasons.

Sora_N

4 is better. They removed the slow-ass underwater fights and replaced it with leaping off cliffs to mount monsters/slam them from above.

MH4U has online multiplayer, which I think makes it alot more fun. You can progress alot faster and it feels less grindy when you're playing with others.

Rune Factory is like half Harvest Moon, half hack-n-slash action RPG. You'll probably like it more, but you can't completely ignore the everyday farming/crafting aspects.

Ugh, you guys...lol. Well I'm gonna check my finances and see if I can fit one or the other in.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I grabbed Pikmin 3, on Wii U and Rune Factory 4, PW Trilogy, Mario Golf, Metroid and Boxboy on 3DS.

pariah164

I'm already getting PW or Monster Hunter 4, Shantae, and Rune Factory 4, but I was pondering getting one more to round it out: VVVVVV or Gunvolt. Never played either. Can I get some impressions?

I'm already getting PW or Monster Hunter 4, Shantae, and Rune Factory 4, but I was pondering getting one more to round it out: VVVVVV or Gunvolt. Never played either. Can I get some impressions?

Love VVVVVV. Pretty simple but very solid platformer. Replay it on Steam every now and then. Only issue with it is it's really short. Takes maybe 2 hours to 100% it, although I don't know if there's extra content in the 3DS version.

VandalD

I'd recommend VVVVVV over Gunvolt. Gunvolt is a game that seems to want you to go fast, but it doesn't let you see enough of the screen to react to things in time. I was looking forward to it as I liked the early MMX series, but never finished it. Somehow it just didn't hold up for me. VVVVVV is a lot simpler, but what you see is what you get. If it looks fun, you'll probably like it.

Was looking to keep purchases really low; 1 per system at an absolute max. Nothing looked good for Wii U, but Rune Factory 4 caught my eye. Hopefully it lives up the massive hype it had around launch.

Can 2 kids play Chariot? Ages 11 and 9

Shantae best version?

KI for a 9 year old? And me ofcourse.

Shame Yoshi is not on sale.

Getting Captain Toad, I have 5 from the digital program.

Top Bottom