• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody gives a shit about vegetarians

so you're a nobody?
giphy.gif

Nothing wrong with being a vegetarian just don’t throw it my face like your some superior being because you don’t eat animals.
Hell I don’t eat meat like 2-3 days a week and it’s all good.
you don't really get any of that from vegetarians, do you

i thought about this today

DESTROYA

you don't really get any of that from vegetarians, do you

i thought about this today
Not many but it does happen I’ve worked in the food industry for years and been asked to use utensils that haven’t touched meat or use a grill that you never cooked meat on.......I’m like ???
People that want to live the veggie lifestyle are fine but don’t try to talk me into not eating what I want to eat.

Ar¢tos

Vegetarians and vegans can be so annoying sometimes.
My older sister became vegetarian a few years ago, since then her skin acquired a lovely healthy shade of grey, alien grey, and she became the most boring person at family gatherings with her sad face looking at a plate of miserable vegetables while everyone else munches on roasted turkey or some other meat.
Now my younger sister and brother in law went from some lots-and-lots of meat diet to strict vegans, that only eat vegetable based things and not all of it! They won't touch pasta for whatever reason or processed soy and some other stuff that normal vegans eat.
Then they keep sighing "oh I miss burgers!" FUCK YOU! Nobody asked you to become vegan just to annoy me with your cries because of meat cravings. If you want a burger, eat a stupid burger!

Kadayi

Banned
Vegetarians and vegans can be so annoying sometimes.
My older sister became vegetarian a few years ago, since then her skin acquired a lovely healthy shade of grey, alien grey, and she became the most boring person at family gatherings with her sad face looking at a plate of miserable vegetables while everyone else munches on roasted turkey or some other meat.
Now my younger sister and brother in law went from some lots-and-lots of meat diet to strict vegans, that only eat vegetable based things and not all of it! They won't touch pasta for whatever reason or processed soy and some other stuff that normal vegans eat.
Then they keep sighing "oh I miss burgers!" FUCK YOU! Nobody asked you to become vegan just to annoy me with your cries because of meat cravings. If you want a burger, eat a stupid burger!

I think the main thing that gets me more than anything else is the fact that in large part they always insist on eating meat substitutes like Quorn, and food fashioned into meat shapes (Sausages, Burgers, etc). It's just like some weird Cargo Cult on some distant island of their own making trying to summon the taste experience of actual meat through replication and prayer. It amuses me no end.

I think the main thing that gets me more than anything else is the fact that in large part they always insist on eating meat substitutes like Quorn, and food fashioned into meat shapes (Sausages, Burgers, etc). It's just like some weird Cargo Cult on some distant island of their own making trying to summon the taste experience of actual meat through replication and prayer. It amuses me no end.
yeah this really gets me especially because there is delicious stuff out there that's not meat

indian food for example, there's some stuff they got that i'd rather eat than a steak or burger

meanwhile vegans are dousing what is essentially bread in bbq sauce and then pretending it's "ribs"

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Anyone that has a specific diet, be it vegan, vegetarian, keto.. That’s their way of telling you what a bore they are. I’m so socially inept and uninteresting that I’m going to let my diet be my defining social characteristic, and I’m going to tell you about it every chance I get.

Romulus

As a bodybuilder/powerlifter for most of my life, I was shocked switching over to vegan for the hell of it. After 5 months, I lost almost no muscle or max strength, just a bit lagging on the muscle endurance side.

Anyway, I couldn't stick with it 100% I did cut down on meat quite a bit though, and I'll often go 3-4 days per week without it.

Breakage

I grew up on a mostly vegetarian diet and cut out meat completely about six years ago. It's no big deal for me. In my experience, vegetarians are less likely to preach about their diets, get involved in animal activism, etc than their vegan counterparts.

Been a vegetarian since I was 15, 20 years ago now.

I don't give a shit about if other people eat meat or not. Everyone's free to make their own choices, I just don't want to eat animals.

Fuck militant vegans though, preachy cunts. Not that the twats who are obnoxious about eating meat when they hear you choose not to are any better mind.

Last edited:
I did a vegetarian thing for a bit but brisket is my weakness.

I do imagine some time in our future (possibly not our lifetime but w.e) humans will completely stop eating all meat due to the lab replications tasting the exact same.

Weilthain

Banned
Was just out at ‘frankie and bennies’ restaurant for lunch and looking at the menu was tough.

I usually go for a mega burger 🍔 with bacon and all that on it. Spicy chicken wings etc.

I had mac n cheese and garlic pizza bread. The milk that the cheese was made from probably came from cows trapped in a small cage in a torture factory. I still feel bad.

beer doesn’t come from an animal 🦔 so I still have that!

iYiWDiO.jpg

lock2k

Banned
Was just out at ‘frankie and bennies’ restaurant for lunch and looking at the menu was tough.

I usually go for a mega burger 🍔 with bacon and all that on it. Spicy chicken wings etc.

I had mac n cheese and garlic pizza bread. The milk that the cheese was made from probably came from cows trapped in a small cage in a torture factory. I still feel bad.

beer doesn’t come from an animal 🦔 so I still have that!

iYiWDiO.jpg
Dogs are our partners in crime in this meat eating sport. Don't feel bad. If my dog could talk she would ask for animal-based food anyday.

Is this your dog? It is really cute!!

Weilthain

Banned
Dogs are our partners in crime in this meat eating sport. Don't feel bad. If my dog could talk she would ask for animal-based food anyday.

Is this your dog? It is really cute!!

I’m struggling with it. My dog Doris is one of the reason I’m giving vegetablism a try.

she is cute, she gets grumpy when she has to wear her jacket and will just stand still in the same pose until we leave the house. It’s hilarious so I take pictures 🤣

wWRLRHd.jpg

sUXcEF9.jpg

rePfdhh.jpg

wtEAMhc.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom