• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody gives a shit about vegetarians

jufonuk

not tag worthy
When I est meat. Subconsciously I know it was once living etc. But damn if it doesn’t taste so good. But I do try and do meat free days about three times a week when I am working

I love fruit and veg anyway. So try and mix it up.
If they can make lab grown meat with the right texture etc I would switch to that.
Most meat free or plant based substitutes can’t cut it when trying to mimic steak.
Qu’ornement meatballs and chicken work. So does the meat free sausages.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

There are two types of vegetarians:
- Vegetarians who simply don’t like meet, or pity the killed animals > good people
- Vegetarians who believe that they are superior to carnivores > Veginazis

What I hate is that most people think vegetarians are the later.

I am 23 years a vegetarian started with 11 years. Was never a big meat fan. Burgers, sausages thats bascially all I ate before I went vegetarian and my last willingly ate piece of meat was a pepperoni on pizza. (this correctly implies people made me unwillingly and unaware eat meat)

But ever since I became a vegetarian I only get shit comments all around that make me think what is the issue with all the meat eaters feeling threatened by my choice of diet? I couldn't care less what people eat. Hell my wife is a Buddhist and she should be vegetarian according to their commandments but she loves meat more than anything. My kids can eat or what ever they want.

But I still at least once or twice a week I have to hear a stupid joke or comment about being a vegetarian . . .

That is actually the hardest part about this. I even told people keep eating meat if you can't handle the craves for meat or being joke about by every occasion. I never told anyone ever to become vegetarian . . .

Cleared_Hot

It's like anything, I don't give a flying fuck shit what anyone does as long as it doesn't infringe upon my, and my family's, rights. That being said, I love me some bacon!

Cleared_Hot

Oh, and what's up "vegetarians" who eat plant based burgers. You're not a vegetarian, you just choose to not eat meat, but you clearly love eating meat. And that sit is horrible for you.

Last edited:
Oh, and what's up "vegetarians" who eat plant based burgers. You're not a vegetarian, you just choose to not eat meat, but you clearly love eating meat. And that sit is horrible for you.

how is this hard to understand? they are most certainly still a vegetarian, as they didn't consume meat. they like the taste of burgers, but dont want to eat meat. so they eat a meatless alternative, and still get the burger "experience"

regular burgers are generally terrible for you as well, so the argument that meatless burgers are also bad for you doesnt make any sense

i'm not a vegetarian or vegan for what its worth, though i dabble once in a while in meatless products. they are close enough at this point that if burgers became unavailable, i could just eat a beyond meat burger whenever i got the urge without issue

Last edited:
its the main animals we eat that I just can’t anymore. Pigs and cows are so sweet and have so much character.
I would definitely like a pig as a companion pet and a cow in the back garden.
Same here.
I like pigs so much. They are such clever and adorable animals. On the other side, they taste so good, though.
If there was a god, he wouldn't have made pigs that tasty...

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I'm vegan because I hate plants and want them to suffer. Sure, more plants die through producing feed for animals so if the sheer amount was an issue I'd eat meat, but I want the plants to feel pain, and I want to savor the joyful experience of eating then alive.

I also eat meat eaters becaus I hate them too.

Top Bottom