• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobunaga's Ambition X Pokemon announced (DS, 2012, SRPG, Koei Tecmo X Nintendo)

NeonZ

I can't, seeing as it's not Dynasty Warriors at all

It'll be called 'Pokemon: Nobunaga's Ambition'. Done.

Well, it's clearly closer to Nobunaga's Ambition gameplay-wise (and the Japanese title mentions it directly), but the character designs are based on the ones from Samurai Warriors 3/Chronicles, not the ones from the Nobunaga games. So, they are trying some association with the "Warriors" brand.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, it's clearly closer to Nobunaga's Ambition gameplay-wise, but the character designs are based on the ones from Samurai Warriors 3/Chronicles, not the ones from the Nobunaga games. So, they are trying some association with the "Warriors" brand.

Probably more recognizable designs. I'd figure more Pokemon fans in Japan are familiar with Sengoku Musou than Nobunaga's Ambition.

upandaway

Wait a minute Mewtwo was genetically engineered he can't have existed in feudal times.

The canon of Pokemon is very important to me.
It's the feudal times of the Pokemon world (and Mewto appeared in ancient stuff tons of times anyway)

In reality this game happens 5 years before Red/Blue and it explains how Red's father died

Well, it's clearly closer to Nobunaga's Ambition gameplay-wise, but the character designs are based on the ones from Samurai Warriors 3/Chronicles, not the ones from the Nobunaga games. So, they are trying some association with the "Warriors" brand.

Hmmm, well, in that case, maybe they'll just call it 'Pokemon Feud!' or something :lol

And Mario already got its crazy crossover guys, Mario DDR, nothing will ever beat that

But that's actually part of the Dynasty Warriors series.

Err. No. That's like saying Samurai Warriors is part of the Dynasty Warrior series. Koei Japan's naming process has been 'XXX Musou'. Koei NA's process for any of their games have been 'Dyansty Warrior:XXX'.

MisterHero

Hmmm, well, in that case, maybe they'll just call it 'Pokemon Feud!' or something :lol

And Mario already got its crazy crossover guys, Mario DDR, nothing will ever beat that
Mario and EA sports

though I suppose that's as reasonable as a guy in a Mario mascot suit attending real sports events

Credo

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a GAF thread title and actually said, "WHAT," out loud.

I'm still having a hard time comprehending how in the world this will work, but SRPGs are one of my favorite genres, so if this does turn out to be a Pokemon SRPG, I'm probably, possibly, maybe in.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
DS... wynaut?
I laughed harder at this than I should have.

uEmyC.gif

don't worry Nintendo never whores out its IPs to 3rd Parties without getting something out of it. Nobunaga's Ambition on Wii U is now signed in pikachu blood

We got one on Wii that never came over (though it did on PS2...).

BTW, i n defense of the platform choice, consider that first, it's easier to do sprites like this than make full 3D models sans the battle sims, because you know what they would've done on 3DS?

Rumble-style models, they did it for Mystery Dungeon WiiWare and that was by Chunsoft... :/

Also, look at NIS, they've gotten away with that kind of look for ages and look how their DS ports managed to seemingly be the same as their PS2 originals and whatnot (haven't played any, just going by what I've seen) , so...

Natiko

Banned
This is insane. Weird that it's for DS though, and chances are it'll never come out over here so it won't matter to me :(

No idea what Nobunaga's Ambition is, but if it plays like a strategy game along the lines of Advance Wars or Fire Emblem, I'm in.

Top Bottom