• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobuo Uematsu revealed that he never intended for FFX’s “To Zanarkand” to be the theme song for the game

Nobuo Uematsu revealed that he never intended for FFX's "To Zanarkand" to be the theme song for the game. It was actually a song for a flute recital that was unused, but when Uematsu was falling behind deadline, he submitted this for FFX's theme lol

Here's the full translation:

Uematsu: "To Zanarkand" was actually not meant to be the theme for FFX. There was a flute player from France who originally asked me to write a song for them to play during a recital. When I wrote the piece, I thought perhaps this sounded a bit too sad for a recital. So I set it aside for the time being. Sometime after, when I was making the score for FFX, I was falling behind all the while the Producers were hounding me. So since that flute piece was unused, I just kinda meekly handed it to them. They listened to it and said "Yes! This is brilliant!"

IAmRei

And each time i saw ff x, its almost that tune plays inside my mind... His best works are in FFVIII and X, although i often plays FFIX world map as well.

Between Him and Mitsuda, both are my most favorite Composer. For me, nobody beats them. Still often to losten their works when i working or relaxing even when i cooking...

Brigandier

This dude, Hamauzu and Mitsuda are my favourite composers ever but there is just something special about Uematsu that not many others can capture.

Honourable mention to all of SE composers past and present they're all awesome.

I agree. But man final fantasy 7 remake is up there. So far these 2 games are masterclasses
De Acuerdo Agree GIF

Ar¢tos

I spent years learning the piano just to ultimately perform this song for my family, then I retired. I am dead serious. I bought a grand piano and everything. After learning this piece, I felt I had accomplished my goal. Sold the piano and haven’t touched it since.
The piano version of Waltz di Fantastica from FFXV would be worth continuing your piano journey, even if the game was a boring turd.

Esppiral

Glad he couldn't finish It on time and ended using the BEST piece of music on a video Game ever

Last edited:
The piano version of Waltz di Fantastica from FFXV would be worth continuing your piano journey, even if the game was a boring turd.

I am almost 50 years old now, so it wouldn’t come easily. I have recently had inspiration to at least acquire a keyboard of some sort.

Cyberpunkd

I spent years learning the piano just to ultimately perform this song for my family, then I retired. I am dead serious. I bought a grand piano and everything. After learning this piece, I felt I had accomplished my goal. Sold the piano and haven’t touched it since.
What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

I am playing piano, I cannot imagine not doing it.

What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

I am playing piano, I cannot imagine not doing it.
I had two additional pressures on me:
1) my daughter had been learning as well. She grew older and became less interested, so I had less encouragement to continue.
2) money. My grand piano cost $18000. I couldn’t rationalize that sort of money collecting dust.

I will say that this thread has me eyeing some digital pianos. The other piece I always wanted to learn, Dire Dire Docks, I never did finish. I was about halfway through. Maybe it’s time to hit the bench again.

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

I went to see him play in London (distant worlds) about eight years back and I managed to grab a ticket for the meet and greet before the concert.

When the meet and greet started. People started entering the stage.
The conductor (full suit and tie)
Translator (full suit and tie)
Producers (full suit and tie)
Nobuo (crocks, PJ bottoms, hippy type top, hair messy but tied back)

Dude is legend.

Ar¢tos

I am almost 50 years old now, so it wouldn’t come easily. I have recently had inspiration to at least acquire a keyboard of some sort.
I'm nearly 45 and started 3 years ago and I'm progressing well. I'm currently learning a Beethoven Bagatelle (op33 n1).
My teacher has students in their 70s and even they manage, but a bit slower.

Ar¢tos

Gonna do the same mostly to play FF songs!
Get ready for a long hard road...
It took me 2+ years to be ready to learn the easiest one (Sleepless City Treno, from ff9), and it was really hard, I had zero previous experience with ragtime.

Zheph

Get ready for a long hard road...
It took me 2+ years to be ready to learn the easiest one (Sleepless City Treno, from ff9), and it was really hard, I had zero previous experience with ragtime.
is that considered the easiest? I love that song
which keyboard did you take out of curiosity? I am looking at Yamaha mostly

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

is that considered the easiest? I love that song
which keyboard did you take out of curiosity? I am looking at Yamaha mostly
Within FF7 to FF15, I would say it is the easiest.
Stuff like Aerith theme or To Zanarkand might look easier, but the left hand arpeggios are not "conventional" and will take a long time to master.
Then you have stuff like Vamo alla Flamenco, that sounds "easy" but is a massive technical pain, FF music goes from intermediate to really advanced.
I have a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-745.
If you can, get an acoustic. Digital pianos are flawed, no matter how they are advertised, playing on an acoustic piano is a very different experience.

Top Bottom