• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOE Asks (Developer Discussion): Rodea the Sky Soldier (Yuji Naka + Jin Hasegawa)

TheMoon

Didn't expect NOE to do one of these for Rodea the Sky Soldier at all. They've been doing these types of dev interviews mainly with indies so far. Really cool (albeit a bit short).

NUK: Rodea the Sky Soldier was originally in development for the Wii before shifting to Wii U, and if fans purchase the Limited Edition set they’ll actually receive the Wii disc as a special bonus. Please could you tell us a little more about the Wii version and how it differs from the final Wii U release.

Jin Hasegawa: The key point about the Wii version is the direct flying action experience that players can enjoy with one Wii Remote. With the sense of speed where players can’t even take a breather, it’s almost as if players can experience something similar to an arcade game. The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions are an adventure flying action game that players can take their time with and enjoy. With keeping the refreshing feeling of flying through the skies, similar to the Wii version, we have incorporated the fun of exploring the world and elements that allow the player to enhance Rodea and make him more powerful.

Yuji Naka: The Wii version’s biggest element is the fact that players can freely fly through the skies directly with the Wii Remote. Since it’s a control that nobody has ever experienced before, some may hesitate at first, but once they get the hang of it, players will be able to feel the freedom of flying through the skies and experiencing unity with Rodea to the fullest. The loading time is also short so players will be able to play the game at a brisk tempo. Also, in the Wii version, there is a bonus element where up to four players can race each other. Definitely try playing with your friends and family.

In the Wii U version, there are various hidden elements that were not included in the Wii version such as customising Rodea. It’s recommended for players who want to take time and play the slowly and carefully, finding everything. Also, the Wii U GamePad always displays the heroine on screen, so she’ll talk to Rodea from time to time. It definitely adds more to the player’s adventure. Though she might be a little noisy at times. Of course, since it’s Wii U, players will also be able to enjoy high-res graphics.

More: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/October/Developer-Discussion-Rodea-the-Sky-Soldier-1062434.html

Kucan

This game's art style fills me with nostalgia of the Dreamcast era.

Also, it's nice to see NUK keeping the interviews going. They should be highlighted more.

Eolz

Well, even if it's just Nintendo UK and a small page, I'm really glad to see them do an interview with the devs, especially for a niche game.
Will read that now.

TheMoon

I was surprised they asked and talked about the Wii version as much as they did. Feels really bizarre that this is coming out still after all these years.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I was surprised they asked and talked about the Wii version as much as they did. Feels really bizarre that this is coming out still after all these years.

They have to talk about the Wii version because it's the only version Naka worked on and he's the only reason anyone cares about this game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I firmly believe that the Wii version will be the key point of the (low) sales this game will get, mostly from collectors.
Count me as one of those.

:p

When does this release by region again? I'm crunched on money, but I've been wanting to play this forever, and need the original Wii version.

TheMoon

When does this release by region again? I'm crunched on money, but I've been wanting to play this forever, and need the original Wii version.

Remember that you can't even buy it without the Wii version and unless they only print 10 copies, you'll easily be able to get it.

chrono01

Thanks for posting this. Hard to believe the game is actually being released next month.

I might cancel my NISA Limited Edition pre-order and just purchase a launch copy from Amazon.ca. The CDN dollar is still really bad [and will be this way for a long time still], and to get the NISA LE shipped from the US I'm looking at just under $120 CDN. Compare that to a copy I have pre-ordered on Amazon.ca [for $74.99 - 15% + free shipping], and it's even more difficult to accept.

The artbook and OST would be nice, but I'm really not sure it'd be worth the additional $50+ for me. :/

-shadow-

Wait, the Wii edition is limited to only the Limited Edition? I thought all first prints were going to get it?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Wait, the Wii edition is limited to only the Limited Edition? I thought all first prints were going to get it?

No, it is not limited to the limited edition, if you buy the special edition (which should be all that's available at launch) you will get the Wii version.

Top Bottom