• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura harnessing his burning anger into Kingdom Hearts III

Burning with revenge, not for power, not for any nation.

All For Reven- Wait this isn't a MGSV thread. :p

I hope Nomura is okay though, I understand what it's like to be creating something while in a dark place.

I know the darkness that dwells in the corners of our world, and in the depths of the hearts of men.

marink

Fear is how I fall.

hqdefault.jpg

bobawesome

Actually the current Nomura is Muraxon, the original Nomura's nobody who he created in order to work on both KH3 and FF15 at the same time. However, the Muraxon's evil side became apparent, and Square could no longer let him work on FF15. Square tried to get rid of Muraxon... and they thought they did but Nomura didn't want his Nobody to die so he took his place. Muraxon, finally understanding what true friendship is but also finding out what it means to lose a close friend became filled with a burning anger, and is now channeling that into creating his original self's last game.

giphy.gif

sn00zer

Im actually wondering if Nomura had some sort of nervous breakdown over the last few years....KH got surprisingly darker, but also far more confusing....series is slowly turning in to a fever dream
drop distance

I like to believe that as a follow up to the comment about how the development teams of KH3 and FFXV are in a friendly competition, the first day that Nomura came into the Osaka office after being officially taken off of FFXV, he called a meeting and presented a big posterboard that said "PRIORITY #1" and had a big picture of a guy in a KH3 shirt pissing on the dead body of a guy in a FFXV shirt.

desmax

Actually the current Nomura is Muraxon, the original Nomura's nobody who he created in order to work on both KH3 and FF15 at the same time. However, the Muraxon's evil side became apparent, and Square could no longer let him work on FF15. Square tried to get rid of Muraxon... and they thought they did but Nomura didn't want his Nobody to die so he took his place. Muraxon, finally understanding what true friendship is but also finding out what it means to lose a close friend became filled with a burning anger, and is now channeling that into creating his original self's last game.

you win

I am just guessing based on conjecture/rumours, but even with his position the last decade or so at SquEnix can't really have been very fun, what with the serious delays, engine fuckups, apparent management idiocy and all that other stuff. Guy must have been under serious pressure throughout, I can totally see him starting to seriously freak out by now.
I really feel for him at this point. Dealing with all that nonsense has to have been tiring.

Mory Dunz

....You got this memorized?

JCX

Wow that definitely makes this interesting. There needs to be an oral history of the development of KH3/FFXV some day.

Hopefully he's just being over-dramatic, otherwise I'm not sure I like the sound of that. If he burns out this early, the end product might suffer.

THE 13TH STRUGGLE

Oh snap!

From someone who has never played Kingdom Hearts they always came across as overall lighthearted in tone.

Was I horribly wrong this whole time?
I'd say it's about half and half overall when it comes to being lighthearted versus dark.

janoDX

We all know how this will end.

He will make the best KH in history because he was screwed on the first one too!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wow that definitely makes this interesting. There needs to be an oral history of the development of KH3/FFXV some day.

KH3 started development after dream drop distance. That's about it.

Simply beautiful. Just as the battle between good and evil will never end, such is the same for the battle between creation and creator.

Nyoro SF

Holy shit. I am dying

Mecha

Ahhhh it's been too long. Who said this? Was it one of the 13?

For some reason when I read it outloud I can only hear the voice of the "cocky little freaks" monkey from StarFox 64. lol

Too good.

Xigbar says it when you fight him in KH2, it's one of the best lines in the series.

Poor Nomura. The "I won't lose" line is basically him saying "I'll prove to these higher ups that I can make a blockbuster and have it do better than anything anyone else can do."

Nomura..... your a badass.

DJIzana

If Sakaguchi expressed interest in doing something with Monolith Soft, maybe Nomura would do the same. Dream team back together again!

If Sakaguchi expressed interest in doing something with Monolith Soft, maybe Nomura would do the same. Dream team back together again!

Sakaguchi, the father of Final Fantasy
Nomura, the father of Kingdom Hearts

The dream duo back together. This would be awesome.

RK128

Man, its like you can hear Nomura screaming "Those bastards kicked me off of MY magnum opus X(! So what if I couldn't get it out by now, they threw me to game after game after GAME! Of course I couldn't get FF Verses 13 out by now :(. Now my partner is making the game in his own image and I am viewed as a fucken joke now..... Oshoka Team, KH3 will be a great game, it WILL come out and it will be the best damn game Square has ever produced! So lets do this and make a killer game guys :D!!!!" with that comment :).

Friendly competition is very good with game development, as he can take lessons and flaws from FFXV and apply fixes to said issues with KH3 (like how Ubisoft fixed a few of the issues from AC3 for Black Flag even though that was quite far in development after AC3's release). Not to mention that the Oshkoa team makes damn good KH games (can't wait to FINALLY play Birth By Sleep this holiday :D!).

I can't help but feel bad for the guy :(. He has worked on many, many games with in Square Enix while developing Verses 13 due to Square yanking him and his team away from the projects or him and his team experimenting with gameplay mechanics/story/ect with various handheld games (though sometimes they were quite big ones; The World Ends with You and Birth By Sleep come to mind). Hope everything turns out good for him and KH3 is a amazing game in the end :D.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
He was the one who was supposed to the fill the dark void of Final Fantasy with LIiIiIiIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHTTTTT

Top Bottom