• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norcal Regionals 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - April 3rd - 5th

Chris G's almost-comeback with Spiral was pretty amazing

"almost" is just a word for losers to feel better about themselves
Kappa

seriously though, with Tournament Standard Time™ in effect USF4 pools won't start until 4:30 at the earliest will it

Kimosabae

Banned
Does Chris G sincerely play MvC2? The kid is a Gawd. That game is hard to go back to after Marvel 3, especially if you never really played it much prior.

Deejay's U1 is so trash

actually deejay is trash
Laurence-Fishburne.gif

El Sloth

Banned
That NCR trailer was pretty cool.

...shame that the first time I'm seeing it is at NCR.

Single elim with 2/3 sets is arguably longer to run than double elim with single sets.
Maybe not many teams signed up and they felt it was fine? I don't know. I personally think it being 2/3 is sort unnecessary for a team competition anyways, but that's just me

That NCR trailer was pretty cool.

...shame that the first time I'm seeing it is at NCR.

Maybe not many teams signed up and they felt it was fine? I don't know. I personally think it being 2/3 is sort unnecessary for a team competition anyways, but that's just me

33 teams signed up. This is going to take all day lol

CurlyW

According to the schedule, USF4 singles pools start at 4pm PT. It is currently 1:52 PT and because of 2/3, they're still on the first round of USF4 teams.

xCobalt

According to the schedule, USF4 singles pools start at 4pm PT. It is currently 1:52 PT and because of 2/3, they're still on the first round of USF4 teams.

They're still on the first round because it started an hour late.

How many more matches is 2/3 single elim compared to 1 set double elim?

Are pools going to be delayed until 6ish you think? Or are they just going to start them offstream until 3v3 is over? I'd prefer them later as I'll be home from work by then and can stream them on my TV.

CurlyW

They're still on the first round because it started an hour late.

How many more matches is 2/3 single elim compared to 1 set double elim?

Assuming n entrants

Double Elim, Single Set: Minimum 2n-2 sets, Maximum 2n-1 sets
So if there are 32 teams, there will be either 62 or 63 sets played.

Single Elim, Best of 3 Sets: Minimum 2n-2 sets (all matches are 2-0), Maximum 3n-3 sets (all matches are 2-1)
So for 32 teams, there will be between 62 and 93 sets played.

xCobalt

Are pools going to be delayed until 6ish you think? Or are they just going to start them offstream until 3v3 is over? I'd prefer them later as I'll be home from work by then and can stream them on my TV.

It's on a separate stream. Pools will be on Capcom Fighters and teams will be on Teamspooky. It might start on time.

It's on a separate stream. Pools will be on Capcom Fighters and teams will be on Teamspooky. It might start on time.

Ah okay. I know there's going to be some crossover between players, just didn't know if they were going to shuffle things around to start pools at 4pm or not. Guess we will find out when it's closer to 4pm.

Shouta

Did he make it out of pools tho?

Also.. this multi set team matches are too much.

Got Abel'd. I talked with him before and he can't beat Shiro, probably the best Abel player in Japan, so he's got an achilles' heal right now. That and it was first overseas tourney. He went even with pretty much everyone else or whompped on folks in casuals including Kazunoko. Dude has the meatiest cross-ups, lol

Top Bottom