• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald is getting a podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed it much more last night. Tom Green is a pretty entertaining guest.

Yeah, it's posted now. Tom is great—I watched most of his early webovision streams so having him with Norm was a nice throwback. The show worked much better this week, but the audio feels slightly edited at times (wondering if they cut out some stuff).

GavinGT

Banned
He looked and acted more like his old self on the new episode (hair dye). And forcing the uncharismatic guy to recite unfunny jokes is such a great bit.

Tom_Cody

The opening where they go over internet comments is amazing.
That was awesome. He sort of slipped into his Bob Uecker impression when he was reading those.

The jokes at the end were as great as they were last time as well.

I enjoyed this almost as much as the first one. In the absence of Super Dave it is a lot easier to get a sense of what this show will be like going forward.

The 'Adam Eget as a punching bag' thing might get old pretty fast so I hope they do things to keep the show fresh.

It was a good episode. It seems to get better each week, even with a guest this week I had never heard of. Stoller seems to have been a last minute replacement for Robert Blake (not sure if that was a bit, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

Holy shit at the Albert Fish part. Reminded me of when he had Jon Stewart cracking up about Steve Irwin like a few days after he died.

Didn't know Stoller by name but I've seen him on a couple shows, don't really think he was a good fit here.

Tom_Cody

I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but episode 4 is up with Russell Brand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UmOhdgqkc
Finally listened to this last night on my commute.

Good episode. Norm seemed to exert more energy in this than in any past episodes. Russell Brand has lived an interesting life but his energy seemed to be a strange fit with Norm. I certainly wouldn't mind having him back but I also enjoy some of the lesser known guest. The conversation just felt more natural in past episodes.

Not sure if it was a conscious choice or if they simply ran out of time with Russell Brand, but not having the "news" segment was a good idea. Of all the episodes so far, the news portion has been the weakest in my opinion and After the first two episodes I was already thinking that they either needed to drop it or let Norm go back to his SNL days with the news.

I did too but I was surprised at how thoughtful and eloquent he is. That was a great episode.

I've heard Brand two or three times on the Howard Stern show and he never fails to entertain. The guy is quite bright and I love how candidly he talks about his life (excluding his time with Katy Perry, at least so far.) I find him quite charming and funny in the right interview setting and Norm did a good job bringing this out.

yoshizzle

Love this podcast. I actually think Adam Eget is a good fit to the show. Him and Norm have great chemistry with each other.

Also, I'm surprised at all the big name guests they're pulling in. Next week's guest is
Larry King

Tom_Cody

Great episode! Definitely the best so far in my opinion. Billy Bob was really interesting and funny and I love that he stayed for the jokes segment.

Love this podcast. I actually think Adam Eget is a good fit to the show. Him and Norm have great chemistry with each other.

Also, I'm surprised at all the big name guests they're pulling in. Next week's guest is
Larry King
With this episode, the show finally feels like it has hit its stride. Related to this, for the first time Eget seemed to have a defined role and he wasn't merely a waste or separately Norm's punching bag.

Also, great get for next week's episode. Norm's interactions with his guests are very different than on any other podcast. You get the sense that no other interviewer would ask them the questions that he is asking. I love that he actually does research and that he seems to be genuinely interested in each one. I would love to see each single guest who has been on so far come back.

This show keeps getting better. Norm's a great interviewer and it's like nothing I've ever watched before. Adam has improved, but he's still a bit schticky and wooden. Overall it's coming together nicely and the guests have been great other than when Baretta fell through.

Big-E

Thought this episode was going to suck as I felt Larry King wouldn't fit but it was great. The top youtube comment is right, he needs to get Rickles on.

Tom_Cody

Best episode yet. I guess it stands to reason that Larry King would be a super interesting guy but this episode greatly exceeded my expectation. So many great stories. And he was a great sport during the jokes segment!

Also, I definitely enjoy watching more than just listening. I started to listen to this one and then switched over to watching it. I need to have more patience in the future.

Interviewing Larry King is always funny because literally anything you say and he knows about it and has a story that goes with it. Insane. Anyway I love this show.

Love Norm cracking up like crazy at the dementia part.

drspeedy

Norm
image4fecy.jpg

Norm has become Rosco P. Coltrane!

images

goot goot goot

Interviewing Larry King is always funny because literally anything you say and he knows about it and has a story that goes with it. Insane. Anyway I love this show.

Love Norm cracking up like crazy at the dementia part.

He's got to be one of the easiest interviews ever. You talk for five seconds and he can go on for an hour.

Him constantly grabbing Norm's hand was amazing.

I haven't listened to Larry King yet. Probably will on a long run tomorrow. But the episode with Billy Bob was fantastic. Really funny stories.

Tom_Cody

He's got to be one of the easiest interviews ever. You talk for five seconds and he can go on for an hour.

Him constantly grabbing Norm's hand was amazing.
Well, yeah. You've also got to love that Norm made him laugh so hard that he started to cry.

iboS9jeTzGOFnx.gif

It's even better when you consider that the punchline was 'fucking retard'. Oh Larry King.

Tom_Cody

I was just watching the first episode again. Holy lord at the jokes.

Some gold plated chains would make a nice retirement gift... for a very very good slave.

i4IJsnKlkao7z.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom