• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald is getting a podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchtoast

Norm's sports show was very funny. I like pretty much all his comedy and with all the crap on TV that is not funny, this makes me sad.

That said I never have really used podcasts. So what do I need to do to get this on Android?

Not sure if Android advice has been touched yet, but I use Doggcatcher and was able to get it by searching for Norm Macdonald under google when searching for new podcast. He came up and was able to subscribe. Not sure if other podcast apps have the same search options....

Tom_Cody

I tried to watch this live for the first time last night. I only made it through about half though. I really can't handle watching live programming anymore. I will look forward to finishing it later this week once the episode is up on youtube.

Great episode from what I saw. Norm's comments about being a christian at the beginning killed me.

Their SNL talk really makes me hope they get Dennis Miller on. Norm and Miller are always great together when Norm is a guest on his show.

Tom_Cody

Watched most of the live episode last night. Funny, but Norm's rhythm seemed a bit off. The episode kind of reminded me of the Russell Brand one actually.

I think this show is best when Norm is paired with an older guest that he clearly respects. He didn't seem to know exactly what to do with Helberg (who for that matter felt a bit out of place). Again, still a funny episode though.

Tom_Cody

Great episode with Nick Swardson last night.

Probably the funniest episode so far. The bit about Don Knotts had me laughing out loud.

Video usually goes up the next afternoon, audio takes a bit longer. If I want to listen before the podcast is up I use McTube on iOS to listen to the video with background audio (for some reason that API is broken or disabled in basically every other video app). I haven't checked today though.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
youtube comments say they cut out a 9/11 and an Angelina Jolie joke from the original broadcast. Anyone know what they were?

Also, next week is Andy Dick. Everybody seems to hate him, but I find him funny.

Polari

I got to say, Adam Egert has really come into his own after being pretty terrible at the start. I can't help but like the guy for some reason.

suEcide

youtube comments say they cut out a 9/11 and an Angelina Jolie joke from the original broadcast. Anyone know what they were?

Also, next week is Andy Dick. Everybody seems to hate him, but I find him funny.

They had a 9/11 joke in the episode...unless there was another that got snipped. Don't remember any Jolie jokes.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
They had a 9/11 joke in the episode...unless there was another that got snipped. Don't remember any Jolie jokes.

Apparently they had another, that went something like "The least popular name for an airline? 9/11 airlines". This leads me to believe they weren't cut because they were controversial or something, but just not very good. Couldn't find the Jolie one.

suEcide

Apparently they had another, that went something like "The least popular name for an airline? 9/11 airlines". This leads me to believe they weren't cut because they were controversial or something, but just not very good. Couldn't find the Jolie one.

In Norm's voice, the joke works.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Every time I see this thread I ask myself why I haven't checked this out yet. I gotta check this out. A Norm podcast sounds like an amazing idea.

rbenchley

I got to say, Adam Egert has really come into his own after being pretty terrible at the start. I can't help but like the guy for some reason.

The first episode with Super Dave wasn't great, but ever since the Tom Green episode when they went over the reader comments ("This guys says your face looks like a cunt!"), Eget has been tremendous. He's not there to be the "funny" guy, he's there to be the straight man to Norm and he's done a pretty great job.

I actually discovered Norm for the first time from this podcast (just a random recommendation by YouTube), I watched the Larry King one first and I laughed so hard it was so good. I checked many of the other episodes but the only other good one that I finished was the one with Super Dave, that was even more funny than the Larry King one. The rest of the episodes seem meh though.

I couldn't believe that I've never known who Norm was before, I proceeded to watch so many old videos of him on for days. The ones with Conan are hilarious.

Tom_Cody

Yeah, and then they just laughed about 9/11 for a minute. Norm said something about 'wading through blood and bone'. Less of actual jokes than laughing at the concept of making 9/11 jokes.

Similar with the Angelia Jolie thing. When talking about Billie Bob Thorton in the recap of previous guests Norm said something like "he's lucky he was with her before she cut her tits off". Again, not really a joke, more just laughing at being over-the-top cruel/crude.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I actually discovered Norm for the first time from this podcast (just a random recommendation by YouTube), I watched the Larry King one first and I laughed so hard it was so good. I checked many of the other episodes but the only other good one that I finished was the one with Super Dave, that was even more funny than the Larry King one. The rest of the episodes seem meh though.

I couldn't believe that I've never known who Norm was before, I proceeded to watch so many old videos of him on for days. The ones with Conan are hilarious.

Watch his Weekend Updates from the 90s on SNL (they're on Netflix and I think Hulu). They're amazing. The Nov. 11th, 1995 episode (hosted by Quentin Tatantino) has one of the best Norm Weekend Updates I've ever seen.

Watch his Weekend Updates from the 90s on SNL (they're on Netflix and I think Hulu). They're amazing. The Nov. 11th, 1995 episode (hosted by Quentin Tatantino) has one of the best Norm Weekend Updates I've ever seen.

Neither Netflix or Hulu are available in my country. I'll try to find some of them on YouTube or something. I love Quentin, that sounds great.

Polari

Heads up, Norm is the subject of the latest Larry King Now. Can't watch it myself though, damned geographic restrictions.

Margalis

Banned
Making people laugh at things that aren't funny because they know they aren't supposed to laugh is genius.

Like when he was doing that long Albert Fish bit and said "he only targeted mentally retarded and African American kids - now why do you think that is?" followed by "why are you laughing? Why is that funny to you?"

That segment was hilarious. It was like 5 minutes and funny throughout without a single actual joke until the very end.

Norm is awesome, I've always loved him. I even watched that sports show of his that lasted like 8 weeks a couple years ago.

Tekniqs

I've listened to two podcasts while I'm in the gym... I must look like a retard when I start laughing out of the blue lol
I don't know why but the mangrate bit (audio) only had my dying at the gym

Tom_Cody

Heads up, Norm is the subject of the latest Larry King Now. Can't watch it myself though, damned geographic restrictions.
Thanks for the heads up. I watched it last night.

It was amusing but it was mostly a retread of things they discussed on the podcast episode.

Tom_Cody

I've listened to two podcasts while I'm in the gym... I must look like a retard when I start laughing out of the blue lol
I was going to type something similar to the below post but Margalis already did a good job.

Making people laugh at things that aren't funny because they know they aren't supposed to laugh is genius.

Like when he was doing that long Albert Fish bit and said "he only targeted mentally retarded and African American kids - now why do you think that is?" followed by "why are you laughing? Why is that funny to you?"

That segment was hilarious. It was like 5 minutes and funny throughout without a single actual joke until the very end.

Norm is awesome, I've always loved him. I even watched that sports show of his that lasted like 8 weeks a couple years ago.

Norm just has a weird magical talent. He can make you laugh out loud for no reason.

dionysus

Yaldog
I just had to shut off the podcast when Norm came back from the break with the grill commercial out of the blue. It's not even a fucking grill, just the grate. I was disturbing the office and trying to hold in the laughter was causing me to hyperventilate.

I just had to shut off the podcast when Norm came back from the break with the grill commercial out of the blue. It's not even a fucking grill, just the grate. I was disturbing the office and trying to hold in the laughter was causing me to hyperventilate.

That was the best part of the episode I had to close my office door I was laughing so much

you're lucky you didn't see Swardson spit out the drink then, that part just took it over the top for me in terms of laughter. That whole segment was just funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom