• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Korea returns remains of US servicemen killed during Korean War

dolabla

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/...ican-servicemen-killed-during-the-korean-war/

PYEONGTAEK, South Korea >> North Korea on Friday returned the remains of what are believed to be U.S. servicemen killed during the Korean War, the White House said, with a U.S military plane making a rare trip from a U.S. base in South Korea to a coastal city in the North to retrieve the remains.

The handover follows through on a promise Kim Jong Un made to President Donald Trump when the leaders met in June and is the first tangible result from the much-hyped summit.

An Associated Press journalist at Osan Air Base outside of Seoul saw the plane land, and the White House earlier confirmed that a U.S. Air Force C-17 aircraft containing remains of fallen service members had departed Wonsan, North Korea, on its way to Osan. A formal repatriation ceremony will be held there Aug. 1.

At Osan, U.S. servicemen and a military honor guard lined up on the tarmac to receive the remains, which were carried in boxes covered in blue United Nations flags.

Details of what specifically the U.S. had picked up were unclear, but reports said previously that Pyongyang would return about 55 sets of remains from the 1950-53 Korean War./QUOTE]

Thats a nice gesture of goodwill, cant wait to see the spin on "and that's a bad thing!"

Thats+it+impeach+drumpf+_fe71f4a1b9b4f8ec1a55c372ead2f057.jpg

"North Korea ships the dumped remains of brutally murdered Americans to our doorstep, after Trump agitated Kim Jung Un whose dictatorship he admires. Here's why that's bad"

Super Mario

Banned
Liberals: Trump said Korea was doing this, and they are not. Donnie was made a fool of again!

Also Liberals: (bodies being returned). Back to Russia and playboy models

Papa

Banned
Liberals: Trump said Korea was doing this, and they are not. Donnie was made a fool of again!

Also Liberals: (bodies being returned). Back to Russia and playboy models

Given that they are the side of speech laws, I think it’s a stretch to call them liberals.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Remember when Colbert was actually a funny and likable guy?

When I was ignorant he was one of my TV idols and I watched him EVERY night when he was on .. Yes, I'm embarrassed.. But he was indeed at least bit more likable back then. I characterize him as an TV extremist now, and an enemy of the planet.

Last edited:
a welcome development for the families, simple as that, no need for any snark really.

some of the skeptiscism with the wider picture I've seen is that inspite of the meeting (trump never meeting a dictator he hasn't liked and all) and all the spectacle around that that the actual meat of the denuclearisation talks are actually no more stringent or binding than they have been in recent times, which is why people desperate for a foriegn policy win for the trump administration might be being a little premature.

any good gestures like this are hopefully the start of something and actual peace in the peninsula would be great, whoever achieves it. there have been false dawns before though.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why did they keep the remains of dead people again? Seems weird to me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not spinning this as a bad thing. Its not. But its worth pointing out that repatriation of American remains from NK happened in the Bush and Bill Clinton years too, and in greater number.

Tensions are lower with NK than Obama years and late Bush years. But they still aint low. Hopefully SK and Trump admin keep pushing for more diplomacy.

Top Bottom