• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Not comfortable, but confident" - CDPR CEO on December 10th date for CP2077

Kadayi

Banned
They just presented them completely out of context with a completely different intent compared to what Kichinski actually had. But for some reason, I'm not surprised you'd defend it.

Indeed. Some people here have a serious hard-on for doom-mongering. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CDP 'Yeah games gone gold, but there are a few extra niggles with the current-gen that we need/want to iron out should be ready in 3 weeks. Other versions are fine'

GAF Doom Squad 'Delay the game for 4 months!!!!'

Last edited:

demigod

2018-cyberpunk-2077-4k-n6.jpg

They are delaying it to remove the buttcheeks in this pic.

makaveli60

Delay it until the nextgen versions are ready and running fine. Then the bitching about the currentgen version will be much less as everyone will say that those consoles are just too weak for it, period. But they already fucked it up for not delaying until that date immediately and until only December. If they delay again they will be butchered.

timmyp53

Delay it until the nextgen versions are ready and running fine. Then the bitching about the currentgen version will be much less as everyone will say that those consoles are just too weak for it, period. But they already fucked it up for not delaying until that date immediately and until only December. If they delay again they will be butchered.
I don't even think the delay itself is that big of an issue. The bigger issue I see happening is it being a victim of its own hype if technical issues arise or if it isn't as good as we hope.

makaveli60

I don't even think the delay itself is that big of an issue. The bigger issue I see happening is it being a victim of its own hype if technical issues arise or if it isn't as good as we hope.
I don't think either, but what I saw, we are the minority.

Unless a pre-order has some real snazzy discount or bonus content you really need, never bother with a pre-order. Digital copies never run out and physical copies never do either. I've never pre-ordered a digital game and the only time I did them was when disc pre-orders were selling for $50 during the E3 promotions when the regular price was $70. Back then some stores even did Buy 2 Get 1 Free. Worth doing during the disc era for games reliably coming out later that fall like COD and EA Sports.

And definitely don't do it with games with sketchy or unknown release dates.

One of the dumbest pre-orders I saw was when MS showed Below on Xbox. E3 2013. System wasn't even out yet. At that time you could have pre-ordered Below from Future Shop and Best Buy Canada for $60.

Game ended up coming out in December 2018 at an indie price of around $20.
Well Cyberpunk 2077 pre-ordered is discounted at around 49.97 on certain sites, so in this case, it is advantageous to pre-order the game.

Last edited:

Veysetia

Not gonna lie, that eases the pain and I'm confident more than ever it will drop Dec. 10th, just too much at stake if they miss this deadline, business wise, fan base, canceled pre-orders etc..

Current gen was a mistake, or the very least push it to early nxt yr. Don't punish early next gen adopters, and not to mention PC and next gen is Reggie!!!!

Does the sand tickle your ears when they are buried that deep in the ground?

Last edited:
Top Bottom