• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that showcase season is behind us, which new games, if any, are you most excited for?

Neff

Not much has changed honestly. I was set on buying FFVII Rebirth, FFXVI, Dragon's Dogma 2, Pragmata, Frontiers of Pandora and Starfield, and I still am.

I'll check out that weird kaleidoscope Capcom thing, and that's about all that interested me in terms of new announcements.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
capsule_616x353.jpg
The Plucky Squire
The Plucky Squire...
Yeah, that's basically it.
Good to see some people mentioning the Plucky Squire. That game looked amazing.
Plucky Squire
I can't believe I forgot about this one. Must've slipped my mind after so many other announcements.
This looks very creatively inspired and fun to play.

DryvBy

I'll give you a surprise one from me: Flight Simulator 2024

When I was a kid, the novelty of flying a simulated aircraft was amazing and looked so high tech back in FS2001. I quit caring about all of that and if I'm going to launch a game, I want a game with stuff to do, not aimlessly fly to airports. It looks like there's some actual missions and stuff in place in FS2024 which is exciting so I've officially put it on my radar.

mxbison

I'm most excited for Hades 2 which unfortunately wasn't there.

From the games shown:
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty
Starfield
FF7 Rebirth

RickSanchez

Off the top of my head:

Spider-man 2
Starfield
Assassin's Creed Mirage
Cyberpunk 2077 (replaying the main game with all the improvements)
Clockwork Revolution
The Obsidian fantasy RPG, I forgot the name

tryDEATH

Some really interesting games coming out, unfortunately a few are released so close to each other.

1. Starfield
2. Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
3. Forza Motorsport 8
4. Star Wars Outlaw
5. Fable
6. Hellblade 2
7. FF XVI
8. Metaphor Re Fantazio
9. Towerborne
10. Witchfire

darrylgorn

Not really excited any of them, really.

That star wars one is the only game that looks remotely interesting.

Edit: And Baldur's Gate, but we've known about that for ages.

Last edited:
- Starfield was actually able to draw me in. I had my doubts. Gunplay isn't perfect, but it looks alot more enticing than the last trailer
- Maybe Fable. Cautiously optimistic
- the Precinct looks sick
- Lords of the fallen
- Remnant 2
- Armored core
- Dragons Dogma 2
- Maybe Clockwork Revolution

I surprisingly am leaving these conferences losingfathis for AC Mirage, Avowed, and Lies of P. Definitely wasn't expecting that. And I'm even more confused at not seeing anything for Stellar Blade.. or bloodborne :(

Last edited:
A finished CP2077
Star Wars Outlaws
Whatever that strange game from Capcom was.
Starfield looks fresh but I’m not buying a console/PC for it.

NickFire

I’d say Alan Wake 2 was my biggest happy surprise. Most excited for Spiderman but that was already the case. AW2 went from unknown / don’t care to holy crap that looks good.

Draugoth

Gold Member
These are the ones im buying 100%.

Im saving money for PC upgrades so i cant afford games at full price.

capsule_616x353.jpg
thumb-trailer.jpg
Cyberpunk-Phantom-Liberty-809d127e74ff35d55c63.jpg

Last edited:

Bond007

Spiderman 2
MGS3 Remake
Mortal Kombat 1
Forza
Starfield
Assasins Creed Mirage
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Star Wars Outlaws
Flight Sim

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think Star Wars Outlaws looked really interesting. The biggest surprise to me.
Mirage looks like more AC, and I am sure it will be fun.
FF16 I am on the fence about it still.
Starfield looks like a fun month.
Spiderman 2 looks to be a great game, more of a fun thing.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Probably over a hundred games have been trailered over the last few days and its shocking how few have stuck in people's memories, mine included.

I think show season, fun though it sounds in theory, doesn't really seem to do anyone any favours.

Because lets face it; there will be overlooked titles that end up being unexpectedly good, and there will be hyped stuff that disappoints.

As a dumb Nintendo fanboy, it's hard for me to sort out what I'm actually buying in the holiday season before they do some type of direct presentation. But from the other presentations, here's what stood out to me:

Sonic Superstars
Metaphor: Re Fantazio
Persona 3 Reload
Persona 5 Tactica
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
Star Wars Outlaws
AC: Mirage (Ubisoft just had a kind of a kickass show in general)
Starfield
The Plucky Squire
Sword of the Sea
Granblue Fantasy: Relink

I try not to get too invested / excited for stuff that doesn't have a release date or just vague '2024'. Hopefully Nintendo has a direct soon!

Dolomite

Starfield
FABLE
Armored Core
FABLE
MGS Delta
FABLE
Jusant(really surprised me, looks beautiful)
FABLE
Lies of P
FABLE

And Persona? Never been interested in the series, generally avoid these types of games but it's free so I'll see what the hype is about

MOTHER FUCKING FABLE LETS GOOO

Last edited:

Gambit2483

A lot of people in here are sleeping on Ubisoft. Avatar looks good, Prince of Persia The Lost Crown looks like an awesome 2D action game, and Star Wars Outlaws looks like the best non Jedi based Star Wars game in a while.

And for those complaining, AC is finally going back to its roots.

I know it's "in" to trash on Ubisoft but they actually had a pretty decent showing yet you wouldn't know it looking at this thread.

Astray

Sold on:
Final Fantasy 16
Alan Wake 2
Cyberpunk 2077 (both the DLC and the re-done mechanics tbh)
The Plucky Spire
Spiderman 2 (might not be day 1, gotta finish Miles Morales 1st and it's honestly not at the top of the list)
Re: Fantazio (interesting that no PS5 version is confirmed yet btw, will probably pick it up on PC like I do with all other JRPGs)

Intrigued by:
Starfield (Need to see more impressions)
Star Wars: Outlaws (hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a reskinned watch dogs)
Fable

Turned off:
Avowed (I genuinely didn't anticipate how bad the drop in art direction, it's a completely different game vibe now, and not something I'm vibing with)
Avatar game just didn't excite me at all.

StereoVsn

Plenty of games looked interesting and Starfield, Spiderman, FFVII Rebirth and CP2077 expansion are definitely games I am looking toward in near future. Plenty of others look interesting as well.

Fable potentially could be amazing or could turn out bad, need more info. Star Wars Outlaws has kind of meh vibes but I hope I am wrong. Another Star Wars Action Adventure game could only be good.

On the other hand, I was really looking forward to seeing Avowed... and that trailer completely killed any possible hype I might have had toward the game. Instead of Obsidian's take on Skyrim we are getting Outer Worlds but Fantasy.

Persona 3 was another potential disappointment due to exclusion of FMC option, but there are some interesting tidbits on additional side stories, Tartarus improvement and so on. We shall see.

Pantz

In the immediate, Lies of P

Path of the Goddess, Sand Land, and 33 Immortals are ones that I'm freshly looking forward to.

Armored Core 6
Starfield
Lords of the fallen
Dragons Dogma 2
Allen Wake 2 but it seems I'd wait for a sale on it.

A lot shorter list than expected. But, I will say these are highly anticipated for me, and I feel like I'll get multiple hours of enjoyment out of them

I just can't believe both Fable and Avowed were actually shown and I'm not hype. I'll probably jump on the Fable train once I see gameplay if it's good. But I CANNOT believe how Avowed turned out. I hate the art style and the world looks barren. Giant disappointment.

Also shout out The Precinct. That does look pretty badass. Will be getting.

Humdinger

I've lost most of my interest in videogames, so my list is pretty short:

- Starfield maybe, although I can't imagine pouring 200 hours of my life into a game.
- Fable, although that's a long ways off.
- Avowed, although it needs to be leagues better than Outer Worlds.
- Jusant, possibly.
- Avatar (I'd forgotten about that; thanks for the reminder.)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Spider-Man 2 is the standard, you’re asked to do bank robberies, the sinister six threats and the best gameplay mechanics of any super hero games EVER.
Mic Drop GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member

I'm not going to spam a huge list of games like everyone else...

But finally rollback netcode on Granblue Fantasy Versus will be fantastic, so I'm pretty excited to give the new version a go this year.

It's a great year for fighters.

DaGwaphics

Starfield
Star Wars
Alan Wake 2
City Skylines 2 (not a huge name but it looks to have quite a few QoL enhancements for the city managing genre).

Edit: Spider-Man 2 also and maybe that unusual little painting game Été as well.

Last edited:

Fbh

Honestly not much.
The showcases season was decent but it was VERY light on actual new announcements as almost everyone just focused on reveal new info about previously announced games.
Like yeah Dragons Dogma 2, Alan Wake 2, Starfield, FFXVI, etc look good but I was already looking forward to those before the showcases.

The only new additions to my wish list that I can think of are Metaphor: ReFantazio from Atlus and Path of the Goddess from Capcom

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
My ten most anticipated games at the moment, unordered:
  • Death Stranding 2 (working title)
  • Human Fall Flat 2
  • Judas
  • N1RV Ann-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
  • Payday 3
  • Silent Hill: Townfall
  • Silent Hill f
  • Starfield
  • Star Wars: Eclipse
  • Star Wars: Outlaws

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Of course number 1 is Starfield
Fable
- Looks so good and I totally trust PG
Hellblade 2 The 1st was an amazing experience and this one looks to have some of the best graphics this gen
Alan Wake - I've been dying for a sequel to the first game forever
Avowed - Loved Pillars of Eternity and this looks great
Clockwork Revolution - Super excited for this one but I suspect it's a long ways off
Lies of P- Odd but interesting
I'm interested to see more of South of Midnight
Flight Sim 2024
- just to drool over the best-looking graphics in the business and most advanced tech in gaming
I'm not a Star Wars fan but I've really liked every Star Wars game I've played and Star Wars Outlaws looks really good

There is probably a ton more I'm forgetting and a ton more we haven't even seen but that's enough to keep me busy for a few years.

Fable
South of Midnight
Starfield
Spider-Man 2
Avowed
Forza Motorsport
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty
COCOON
Alan Wake II
Clockwork Revolution
Hellblade II
Metal Gear Solid Delta
Silent Hill 2
Lies of P
Wolverine

So much to look forward to! And surprisingly few Playstation exclusives. We'll see if that changes as they announce more stuff moving forward.

Alebrije

Outlaws looks like a Ratchet and Clank on the SW universe. So it was for me the most surprising game of all...

Also the Far Cry Avatar looks interesting.

Those are the two game I will look in the future.

Before E3 it was:

Baldur's Gate 3 >>> Starfield > Avowed

After E3: Starfield >>>> Path of Exile 2 >>> Baldur's Gate 3 > Clockwork Revolution (should be in a higher position but 2025 at best so...) >>>> Avowed

Puscifer

Starfield and Alan Wake 2, shit, I was so blind and determined to not know anything about Starfield I was shocked to see the Steam Pop-Up telling me it was coming out in September.

In no particular order:

- Starfield
- Fable
- Alan Wake 2
- Clockwork Revolution
- Star Wars: Outlaws
- CyberPunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

However, other than Clockwork Revolution and Star Wars Outlaws, I was planning to buy these titles before the showcases regardless.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Spider-Man 2
Starfield
Remnant 2
Space Marine 2
Alan Wake 2
Baldur's Gate 3

This is shaping up to be a great year. Hopefully all these titles are good.

Denton

My playlist for the remains of this year is:

Callisto Protocol / System Shock Remake / Disco Elysium

and then:

Baldur's Gate III
Starfield
Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty
Robocop: Rogue City
Alan Wake 2
Alone in the Dark
STALKER 2 (unlikely)

Next year, probably STALKER 2 and Star Wars Outlaws. Hopefully also Kingdom Come II, its lack of announcement was the biggest bummer of the E3.

MiguelItUp

Star Wars: Outlaws
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Final Fantasy XVI
Space Marine 2
Mortal Kombat 1
Blasphemous 2
Armored Core VI
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
Starfield (moderately interested)
Dragon's Dogma 2 (moderately interested)
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (moderately interested)
Metal Gear Solid: Delta (super cautious)
The Plucky Squire
Lies of P
Robocop: Rogue City
Spiderman 2 (May just wait for PC)
Texas Chain Saw Massacre
AEW: Fight Forever
Silent Hill 2 Remake (super cautious)

Last edited:

Clover904

Alan Wake 2, by far. It’s been thirteen long years. Thirteen years of bouncing around ideas of where the story will go. Thirteen years of creating and evolving their Northlight engine. Thirteen years for Remedy’s passion project to finally come to fruition. Remedy has Epic Games funding the project, allowing for little to no compromises developing Alan Wake 2. Previews from behind-the-scenes demos have been universally praised. I cannot wait for the gaming community to come together as we all slowly unravel the mystery that is Alan Wake 2.

Top Bottom