• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NPD Canada) October / November Results

GhaleonEB

Phife Dawg said:
While that is true, the thread isn't accurate even with the limited numbers we have.

For instance we have confirmation that Wii beat 360's LTD in UK, which should be well over a million too. The thread has Wii in UK at 1.19 and 360 at 1.55 - as mentioned above that's not possible. If that 360 number is correct Wii is at 1.55+.

Then there's no real source for Spain's numbers.

Using these totals is a bit...problematic.
The UK figure in that thread is through Q3, or the end of September. The Wii passed the 360 pretty recently there, didn't it? A whole lotta sales have come since the end of September. Those sources are better than nothing, but they are still imcomplete and behind a bit. Hopefully we get EOY figures from a few territories. Having the LTD in Canada is a nice start.

GhaleonEB said:
The UK figure in that thread is through Q3, or the end of September. The Wii passed the 360 pretty recently there, didn't it? A whole lotta sales have come since the end of September. Those sources are better than nothing, but they are still imcomplete and behind a bit. Hopefully we get EOY figures from a few territories. Having the LTD in Canada is a nice start.
Iirc these numbers are from a PR (from Chart Track maybe) and the wording was ambiguous, from reading it you would've gotten the idea Wii was before 360 (360 at 1.19, Wii at 1.55). That's why some people doubted these numbers back then. Using them now in addition to the info that Wii has indeed overtaken 360 is like I said, problematic.

Things aren't looking good for the Wii in NA this month. According to some banned site, the PS3 outsold the Wii last week in America. True or not, WTF Nintendo? WTF?

perfectchaos007 said:
Things aren't looking good for the Wii in NA this month. According to some banned site, the PS3 outsold the Wii last week in America. True or not, WTF Nintendo? WTF?

There's a very good reason that site is banned, I wouldn't put much creedence into what it claims.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AlteredBeast said:
Thanks for the data, here is a counted up tally from the Euro hardware thread, the 12/3 - 12/9 Media Create Thread, and this own thread.

North America

8.5 million 360
6.6 million Wii
2.7 million PS3

Japan
482k 360
4.06 million Wii
1.46 million PS3

Europe
3.06 million Wii
2.54 million 360
1.29 million PS3

WW LTD (roughly, in millions)

11.52 360's
13.72 Wii's
5.45 PS3's

One can easily see that North America adopts new systems at a much higher rate than either Japan or Europe.

Wii's selling like crazy. Looking at that number is just astounding. It only took them one year, of which they were supply constrained through nearly all of it, to sell more than 13 million consoles...in one year...yeppers.

360 selling decently, of course, and PS3's 5 million+ worldwide through 1 year is pretty interesting seeing as how crazy its launch was, what with reported in-line robberies, 24 hour lineups, and massive shortages.

So, if this years trends continue, and there is little reason why they wont, next year will see the 360/Wii streams cross in NA, completing the complete Nintendomination worldwide, probably before November 2008, ish, depending on this months supply, who would have called that?

Now, I have to say, on the evil steam forums over a year ago (Around August/September 2006 to be exact, before I found out about the PS3 being delayed for PAL), I made a prediction (That has now been deleted, darn forum archiving), showing what would happen market share wise, 12 months after the "next gen" was finalised. going from memory, it went like this:

Japan:
Wii: 60%
PS3: 30%
360: 10%

NA:
360: 50%
Wii: 30%
PS3: 20%

EU/Pal

PS3: 45%
360: 30%
Wii: 25%

Well, needless to say I got laughed almost out of the forum, Wii winning anywhere? pff, I was told, now look, I got 2 right, ish, I should apply to take Pachters job :/

birdchili

perfectchaos007 said:
given the current situation, that's more of a comment on the 360 doing well than anything, though WTF Nintendo certainly seems appropriate.

birdchili said:
given the current situation, that's more of a comment on the 360 doing well than anything, though WTF Nintendo certainly seems appropriate.

It's like the Wii Prints money, but they shut down the Printer!

Top Bottom