• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2015 [PS4 #1 HW/SW, 7M Amiibos LTD, 600K LTD Splatoon]

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Can definitely see Microsoft doing a "holiday price drop" to $300 like they did last year especially if they lose October.

As for Until Dawn, it's a Heavy Rain/Beyond Souls type game and 90% of those who own a PS4 will most likely stay away from the game so I think 90K is pretty good in only five days of tracking and zero advertising.

sorry zhuge.so last year thanksgiving, mS was able to take the lead in the U.S for a short period of time. all this time I thought they just outsold the Ps4 for those months.

What? No. MS never took the lead. The gap shrank, but Sony was still ahead by hundreds of thousands. Where are you getting that?

ZhugeEX

Banned
LTD market share for the 8th gen consoles as of August.

PS4: 42%
XB1: 38%
WIU: 20%

Now it's time to head off.

Ya know what's kind of funny.

Those percentages are very very close to being exact. I'm talking like within 0.1% of each other.

Drakeon

Can definitely see Microsoft doing a "holiday price drop" to $300 like they did last year especially if they lose October.

Hard to see them losing October with only the Uncharted collection in their corner vs Halo 5. But it would be in my best interests if they did, I'm picking up an Xbone for Halo 5 on Black Friday and I'd love to have it even cheaper.

donny2112

HqXjIRt.png

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Why do some people think this is a thing now?

I don't think that it's a thing. Just how Microsoft would market it if they do it.

Hard to see them losing October with only the Uncharted collection in their corner vs Halo 5. But it would be in my best interests if they did, I'm picking up an Xbone for Halo 5 on Black Friday and I'd love to have it even cheaper.

There is an Uncharted Collection PS4 bundle for $400 that releases on October 9th and I think that the Destiny TTK bundle will carry over into October.

As for Halo 5, has 343 shown any single player gameplay yet? If not, I would be very concerned if I was a Halo fan.

So I suppose thats not a good number for Etrian? What did IV and Untold 1 do for comparison, does anyone know?

I guess thats what you get for charging $10 extra dollars for no reason and locking stuff behind DLC. I do plan to get this sometime after I beat IV but Atlus is really starting to turn corrupt it feels like.

I don't think that it's a thing. Just how Microsoft would market it if they do it.

There is an Uncharted Collection PS4 bundle for $400 that releases on October 9th and I think that the Destiny TTK bundle will carry over into October.

As for Halo 5, has 343 shown any single player gameplay yet? If not, I would be very concerned if I was a Halo fan.

Yes.
Btw Halo 5 console bundle release at October 20 not 27.

Key2001

What about after the holidays? Didn't Xbox One sales take a huge dive once the price went back up and they were forced to make $349 the standard price?

Until Dawn didn't hit til near the end of the month. Plus it's not a huge mainstream title. Plus digital. I don't see the issue.

Sub 100k for a current gen game is pretty weak. Even with little marketing the game wasn't likely ultra cheap. It uses fairly high end assets.

I wouldn't call it a total failure or anything but unless it shows some nice legs or does really well in Europe I wouldnt say thats a success really either

Jigorath

Banned
Sub 100k for a current gen game is pretty weak. Even with little marketing the game wasn't likely ultra cheap. It uses fairly high end assets.

I wouldn't call it a total failure or anything but unless it shows some nice legs or does really well in Europe I w0uld say thats a success really either

Driveclub made it to 2 million.

Anything is possible.

Well for people who love other types of games, it isn't just Uncharted that's coming to PS4 in October:

Journey Collector's Edition
Disgaea 5
Dragon Quest Heroes
Tales of Zestiria

Not a bad month if I do say so myself.
We don't even know if there will be a price-cut by then

Because publishers make decisions based on sales in one country right?

lol, I was just kidding.

Well for people who love other types of games, it isn't just Uncharted that's coming to PS4 in October:

Journey Collector's Edition
Disgaea 5
Uncharted Collection
Dragon Quest Heroes
Tales of Zestiria

Not a bad month if I do say so myself.
We don't even know if there will be a price-cut by then

lol, I was just kidding.

If there is a price drop (why did you spoiler tag that?), I think it'd be announced at a show. TGS is next week, but I doubt it'd happen there. The next one is PGW, which is the End of October/Beginning of November. PSX, if of course, in December. I think PGW makes the most sense as the holiday season is starting to really heat up at that point.

NX had better be the greatest thing ever. Nintendo and NoA in particular have completely destroyed everything they created with Wii and DS over the past five years. It's unbelievable.

suaveric

NX had better be the greatest thing ever. Nintendo and NoA in particular have completely destroyed everything they created with Wii and DS over the past five years. It's unbelievable.

How is this on NOA? The Wii U and 3DS have both sold best in the states. The fuck up with the Wii U was with NOJ deciding to make a console aimed at a dying Japanese market.

kyser73

sorry zhuge.so last year thanksgiving, mS was able to take the lead in the U.S for a short period of time. all this time I thought they just outsold the Ps4 for those months.

No. They sold ~600K more over Nov/Dec and reduced the gap to ~500K.

Sony has since put on ~300K of that lead again.

At full price.

Usobuko

Banned

Not exactly everything. Their IPs definitely still benefit from the massive exposure thanks to these 2 devices.

How is this on NOA? The Wii U and 3DS have both sold best in the states. The fuck up with the Wii U was with NOJ deciding to make a console aimed at a dying Japanese market.

Marketing.

The Wii U and 3DS would have done horribly no matter what, but NoA made things even worse. They're by far the worst branch of Nintendo.

I used "in particular" when speaking of NoA because this is an NPD thread. If this were a thread about global sales, I wouldn't have singled them out.

You're also completely wrong about 3DS sales in NA.

Not exactly everything. Their IPs definitely still benefit from the massive exposure thanks to these 2 devices.

True. And I think they have a decent shot of a comeback with mobile, NX, and other media initiatives beyond video games.

Ōkami

3DS has sold best in Japan actually.

Can agree with the rest though, WiiU's failure is on NCL not NOA, they were given dud to begin with.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So I suppose thats not a good number for Etrian? What did IV and Untold 1 do for comparison, does anyone know?

I guess thats what you get for charging $10 extra dollars for no reason and locking stuff behind DLC. I do plan to get this sometime after I beat IV but Atlus is really starting to turn corrupt it feels like.

IIRC, though, that's the usual debut month for EO games, around that number. It should be in line.
One Piece, while unexpectedly lower than what I thought, was released near the end of the tracked period. Not saying it'll sell a lot in September, just that there's this to consider. Also, just to get better context: is that the number for all SKUs or just for PS4?
Until Dawn is not that bad. A bit lower than what I expected, but, again, it had just a few days to enter charts. I wonder about the kegs, though.
Decent debut for Rare Replay.

Top Bottom