• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2013 [Up5: BioShock Infinite]

kinggroin

Banned
Because it will force Nintendo to TRY HARDER.

Fuck that noise.

As a current owner who is enjoying the platform and is excited for its future software lineup, the last thing I want is them killing it.

Try harder? Well, they can do that with the mess they have at the moment. In the same fashion they did with the 3DS; by building a respectable library and giving the system a proper push.

I sincerely doubt that even IF they turn things around to say, N64 numbers at best, they would repeat the strategy they have with this platform, again.

All anyone who's genuinely interested in their work wants at the moment more than anything, is great software and support to see this thing through a normal life cycle. They can go back to the drawing board then.

As it stands in regards to sales at the moment, yeah, this system is dead as fucking dead. Fingers crossed that the software dropped by the end of the year means the console is deserving of a new lease on life.

*fingers crossed

PhantomR

Banned
There's plenty of arrogance. It's a different kind of arrogance to the "Get a second job," that Sony portrayed, but it's arrogance still.

They bought into the idea that they're really just that much more innovative and trendsetting.
They bought into the idea that their franchises were just that much better than everyone else.
And that people would buy their $350 system because of that

Wow. There is SO MUCH 15-year old angst in this post. Why?

Nintendo (like they always do) made a product that is unique and can play to their game design strengths to introduce different kinds of games to the industry. Are you like, offended by that or something? Is that an affront to your gaming purity?

I ask because you ALWAYS have an axe to grind with Nintendo in every thread here on NeoGAF. Just because Nintendo does what they always do when it comes to product design, doesn't mean whatsoever that they're "arrogant". That just says a LOT more about your issues than Nintendo's products.

Could use Durante's numbers if people want, they might be more accurate (not sure what he means by chart reconstruction though?)

Somewhat splitting hairs though.

Pretty much except much worse on the software side. Dreamcast failed but games were no issue during it's lifespan from what I could recall. Some of my favorite games of all time were on that system.
The Dreamcast had a drought. A big one where there were gaping holes of decent genres for the first year. By the time software titles were damn near legendary status just one year later no one cared.

Goddammit, I was just dealing with vectors and angles and shit in Physics, then I come on GAF and what do I see? XD

Pie chart shenanigans
bEOcbLV.png

Around 3.75-ish blues in purple so around 69 for blue

So about 65K for Wii U, give or take a couple K depending on how the chart was translated. That's pretty horrible.

GameCube: 111,236 in March 2002 (5 week reporting period), or 22,247 per week.

So 65,000 for the Wii U in March 2013 (5 week reporting period), or 13,000 per week, is pretty horrible.

Yopis

250 wouldn't even be so bad for the Vita if it wasn't for the memory card pricing

That and lack of a second wave of games hurt. People are not that cheap but you gotta be all in, and Sony, to this point is not. The biggest Fps was one of the worst rated games on the system. So many mistakes. Oh well back to Soul Sacrifice demo. Nintendo lost me after N64 but I don't want to see any of these companies fall. Less companies means less variety for us.

While I won't be booking the funeral yet, sub-13k/week for America is pretty dreadful. Certainly, it's going to need a price cut and a pile of new games, and we know that the games aren't going to arrive Q2. Essentially, this year's E3 is about as important to the WiiU as last year's E3 was to the Vita, except that the Vita didn't have the PS4 and the next Xbox showing off and distracting from Nintendo's wares.

TheNatural

My Member!
GameCube: 111,236 in March 2002 (5 week reporting period), or 22,247 per week.

So 65,000 for the Wii U in March 2013 (5 week reporting period), or 13,000 per week, is pretty horrible.

Yikes

So much for the "in the same time period it sold more than 360!" shit that was going on a couple months ago. Those people sure have shut up.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Then it will bomb and we get no handheld at all, it would be a terrible idea.

If we're talking Wii U+ level graphics three years from now, I don't see why it would have to break the bank. Luigi's Mansion isn't exactly giving Crysis 3 a run for its money, but everybody seems to be quite happy with the game. In my mind the other option seems to be for Nintendo to just go handheld only. Of course anything can happen and Wii U could rise from the Grave and start killing it... but right now it is selling at unprecedentedly low levels.

Top Bottom