• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

So what did I miss? The PS4 sold ~340K and the XB1 sold ~235K in March, right? And Bloodborne sold under 390K but still more than 375K? Chobel's gotta eat a hat and Welfare's gotta eat crows :p

Exactly, Chobel still refuses to do it though, even with all the good suggestions we gave him.

NateDrake

I feel like the performance of Nintendo's titles really shows that Nintendo can only seem to market either the 3DS or the Wii U, but not both.

February marketing = New 3DS + MM3D + Monster Hunter, little to none for Kirby
The marketed items do fantastically. Kirby, not so much (although the legs are a pleasant surprise this month for Kirby).

March marketing - Mario Party 10, little to none for Codename Steam & Fossil Fighters, MP10 does well, other 2 don't (weirdly Fossil Fighters does better than Steam?)

I hate to use the term established for Fossil Fighters, but the franchise is known in the US, at least somewhat. A new 3DS game with dinosaurs vs. an oddly named 3DS game. Dinosaurs win.

GamerJM

Banned
Type-0 sold less than I was expecting.

A lot of these games had better legs than I was expecting and I was honestly expecting STEAM to open lower than that.

I was expecting lower too, but when you factor in the fact that it was outsold by a Fossil Fighters game, which is a series that no one ever seems to bring up and gets basically no advertising or word of mouth and is neglected even in Nintendo Directs iirc, it's disappointing.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't see why people are surprised by FF difference... even FFXIII had a big difference in PS3 favor with smaller userbase.

Sterok

Great to see Toad doing so well. He'll definitely reach 1 million WW. It seems that amiibos did help Mario Party. Should've bundled Rosalina with it. Bayo seems to have stubby little legs in comparison to Toad.

FF split is expected. Not sure why anyone is surprised by that. Or did FF 13 do a lot better on the 360 than I thought?

Poor Tearaway...

Though it's nice to get an updated number. Any chance we could get some other LTD sales for more Vita games? Like Persona, DanganRonpa, Killzone, etc.

Busaiku

Great to see Toad doing so well. He'll definitely reach 1 million WW. It seems that amiibos did help Mario Party. Should've bundled Rosalina with it. Bayo seems to have stubby little legs in comparison to Toad.
Almost half of all copies sold isn't helping?
Whoops, read that as didn't help.

RexNovis

Banned
Rex i think we can keep each other warm down in the lower ranks. I would be surprised if i get sub 50.

tumblr_n2vknatBTt1szzq1fo6_400.gif

Ray Down

Banned
Sort of off topic but looking at that Battlefield performance on last gen, Namco better make a PS4 version of Tales soon. The sales will only get worse the longer it goes on.

Pretty even split for Hardline.

Square might as well make FF Playstation exclusive again.

Its also more worrisome for whatever handful of games square had in the pipeline for X1. Things aint looking good for KH3 on X1. The sereis has never been on the xbox platform.

I wonder how well the game can sell on the disney factor.

Ray Down

Banned
Its also more worrisome for whatever handful of games square had in the pipeline for X1. Things aint looking good for KH3 on X1. The sereis has never been on the xbox platform.

I wonder how well the game can sell on the disney factor.

Well Disney has been on a roll with there animated and marvel stuff.

If KH has a frozen and a Marvel world, it will push it.

CoD Black Ops 3 is rumored to be cross gen again?

Yeah but last egn COD sales were better than Battlefield Hardline I'm pretty sure.

Your shit will be hard :p

I heard that your bet was to eat crow. Speaking from personal experience, fried crow is really tasty. Like having rotisserie chicken but with crunchier and flavorful fried skin/texture.

Then again, I've only had fried crows when I was growing up in Indonesia.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If MS says that XB1 sold above 360 in the same timelife then it might be at least 270k for XB1.

If MS says that XB1 sold above 360 in the same timelife then it might be them talking about LTD numbers though.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Pretty even split for Hardline.

Square might as well make FF Playstation exclusive again.
This probably lowers the price for Sony to get FF PS-exclusive, but why would Square Enix throw away 20% of its sales in the US for free? Of course, porting costs money, too, but for big titles like FF and Kingdom Hearts, I'm sure it's still well worth the porting cost.

Jomjom

Banned
If MS says that XB1 sold above 360 in the same timelife then it might be at least 270k for XB1.

Deeper side: All the consoles together sold less than a half of last gen.

No. MS said cumulative sales in the same timeframe. I suspected they did that because they sold less than 360's second March.

AniHawk

Seems like it. Posting again for other people:
So using 82.5K for Wii U:
PS4 330K
XB1 229K
WiiU 82.5K

last gen:
Wii 721K
360 262K
PS3 257K

Wii was crazy, sold more than PS4 + XB1 + Wii U combined

ps4 still in that weird spot between great for sony and soft for a market leader. i think next year will be the big year for growth, but not so sure about 2018 onward. depends when the 2013 systems get down to $200 and less.

crazyprac

Will square enix do such thing? I mean they got tomb raider coming out for the Xbox this holiday. I wonder what would happen if tomb raider under performs.

Unless their contract with Microsoft firmly states how long the exclusivity then square enix will try to release it asap or else the sales will decrease on ps4 the longer they wait.

Top Bottom