• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2007

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Wii 519K
Xbox 360 366K
PlayStation 3 121K

Nintendo DS 458K
PSP 286K

Splitting this between the handhelds and the next generation consoles we can see a couple of trends. The first is that the Wii is kicking so much arse it isn't even funny. The XBOX 360 as expected went down, but at least it is consistent. The PS3 needs a prayer, seriously, I am buying one next Sunday and I want the first next gen console I buy to be moderatly successful.

hadareud

The Translator
sp0rsk said:
Because it's October, post Halo, post price drop.

I mean, relative to PS3 its "pretty good", I guess.
well, also compared to last year. Also compared to any console in the past par Wii.

Wii is just out there, doing numbers that haven't been done before, so it's a bit unfair measuring "normal" consoles by it imo

C4Lukins

Cheesemeister said:
Not really. PS2 GH3 isn't combined, but split between guitar and non-guitar SKUs. Combined, it'd be...

PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK BOTH (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 502.8K
360 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 2 383.2K
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 3 286.3K

We do not know what the 360 standalone GH3 did, which is the version I bought.

Stealth

Psychotext said:
Oh god... I utterly underestimated the Wii. There goes my top 50 finish this month. :lol

Yeah... wow. Totally broke the trend there, especially considering a 4 week month. Otherwise, most of my predictions were just about spot-on. PSP and DS both sold a little bit more than I had thought, but given the quality games they've seen come out I suppose I should have known better. I just about nailed PS3, PS2 and 360 sales, though, within a few thousand units.

Not a bad month for games overall. And a fucking great one for Guitar Hero.

Arde5643

Can we get sw numbers for Zack & Wiki - I'm really interested to know if it even reached decent sales.

Hopefully decent sales will spur Capcom to greenlight a sequel for the game.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
No PS3 software in the top 10. Passing the 360 in Software sales will be near impossible this gen.

No6

CrisKre said:
Im really interested in seeing if Metrod has any legs and still sels decent and what Zack and Wiki has done.
I guess that depends on how you define legs, because both are almost definately below 100k.

1-D_FTW

Loudninja said:
Like I already said like 100 times, Sony confirmed today that the numbers will not be in todays NPD

They got one or two official days in (Hence the 75,000 sold in the final week of reporting.)

I don't know if that's too much to crow about, however, cause if they kept those weekly sales for an entire month, they'd still lose to 360.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Can't believe 360 GHIII beat PS2. PS3 version didn't crack the top.
I'm really surprised by the 360 GHIII sales also. I really thought the PS2 version would rule all.
Edit: PS2 version did rule all.:D

itsgreen

Mmmm my PS predictions were spot on. Nice. The rest I predicted too low.

360 did above my expectations...

But november is the one that really really really counts... and december is also :)

X360 certainly did not maintain the previous month's numbers very well...disappointing, really.

sonycowboy said:
And, what was that Sony???? You sold 75k in the last week of this reported month? And you sold 46k for the 3 weeks before that??
You know that PS3 is toast in NA, man. Poor price drop strategy and even poorer timing on the announcement. Whatever boost they receive from the price cut is not nearly enough to put it over X360 in NA at this point. All downhill.

tanod

when is my burrito
C4Lukins said:
We do not know what the 360 standalone GH3 did, which is the version I bought.

Even then, that couldn't have sold more than 113k which would mean the PS2 definitely outsold it.

Ratchet's official release date was October 30th. By official, that's when all retailers were selling it. All Wal-Mart stores and a couple other chains started selling on the 23rd.

Very good figures for the 360, sales well up on last year's october figures and unlike any other console in history its only been discounted $50 in 2 years

Woah, Guitar Hero III is a monster! Rock Band can't really post numbers like that if the peripheral shortage/lack of individual SKUs is to be believed.

Are we gonna get more than the top 10 SW? No sign of PS3 GHIII at all and would be interesting to see how much standalone GHII on the 360 sold this month also.

Honestly, I expected a drop in Wii's sales, because what happens in Japan, sooner or later then happen in NA and Europe. But it seems I was wrong: they hype here is still crazy and someone say me that the incredible positive press and bigger Third party Support has something to do with it. Nice move from Activision to put Guitar Hero 3 on Wii too.

FrankT

Well I bought Ratchet this month just for the record when I got my PS3 (new owner here of a 40gig). Why are you PS3 owners passing quality software?

Scum

Sooo...that's 1 million Wiis in 2 months?? o_O
I might pick up Wii Play just so I don't feel left out! :lol

No6

BenjaminBirdie said:
Me too. It's a faulty comparison. The stand alone could've sold 115,999 copies.

:D
It still wouldn't be enough to beat the PS2 version.
It was released on October 23rd, so Ratchet had 8 days of sales.
Which is going to be the bulk of sales.

Great for Guitar Hero. Good to see a broader-market and peripheral game becoming this established.

Bodes well for more peripheral innovation in the future (Wii hardware, EyeToy, etc).

So are returns counted in this? Barring that, since the store has to send the return back to Activision and it can no longer be counted as a sale it definitely impacts sales that way.

that said, I'm getting my 4th guitar today. that is a return rate of one a week. so pissed.

Arde5643

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Honestly, I expected a drop in Wii's sales, because what happens in Japan, sooner or later then happen in NA and Europe. But it seems I was wrong: they hype here is still crazy and someone say me taht the incredibley positive press and bigger Third party Support has something to do with it. Nice move from Activision to put Guitar Hero 3 on Wii too.
I think it's more to do with JP being a totally odd market at this point.

Both NA and EU seem to be trending the same - good software nets good hardware sales for the Wii.

FrankT

CitizenCope said:
I'm really surprised by the 360 GHIII sales also. I really thought the PS2 version would rule all.

PS2 is not the software beast anymore. That would be the 360.

PS2=dying breed.

Top Bottom