• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2013 [Up2: 3DS, 360, Pokemon Combined, GTAV]

catmincer

From wiki

" On July 18, 2013, Rovio announced that Angry Birds Star Wars will be heading for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS on October 29, 2013 in conjunction with Activision"

Must be that.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
People didn't spring for $40 Angry Birds huh.

Game industry doomed.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Angry Birds: Star Wars, I guess. Good to see it crash and burn, full price for a 0.99 iOS game should never happen.

good to see? the original is the #1 best selling third party on 3DS, it's like over 500k.

so much for third parties on 3DS!

Yanikun

Banned
Ooooch...

Wasn't the last Angry Birds game the best selling 3rd party 3DS game in the west or something? Sold like 400-500k didn't it?

Some drop off there.

I can only assume Angry Birds was not a front-loaded game.

But seriously who would buy another Angry Birds collection if they already have one.

Wondering what the Wii U numbers are, doubt they are good though.

I'm wondering the same thing. Price drop the month before, with a new bundle...and not a peep about its sales yet?

Considering NOA advertised the 2DS more than the new Wii U bundle/price drop in October though (actual TV ad for the 2DS, versus just internet ad for the Wii U bundle), I want to know how well the Wii U sold with little/no efforts from NOA. They have done nothing to help promote the system for basically its entire first year, and I want to see if their continued lazy approach is working for them.

Who in their right mind would buy a Angry Birds game for their kids when they can get a new Pokemon game for the same price? If that's the effort third parties are expecting will sell on handhelds they can fuck into space.

Top Bottom