• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

chadboban

I'm not sure why people are surprised about the lack of exclusive games in the top ten, you're going up against the cumulative sales of games that are on 4 consoles and more. The chance of seeing exclusives in the top ten has decreased significantly since NPD started lumping multiplats together.

Truly the console of the generation. At this point I don't see it ceding any month to Xbox One regardless of what Microsoft does.

I don't know, if X1 led the first 2 months of November, Sony needs to do sell some serious units in the 2nd half. If their GTAV/TLOU bundle doesn't sell like crazy, MS is probably taking Nov at least.

DevilFox

Couldn't care less about Sunset not making a position, I don't like it and I don't like Insomniac since Spyro but I hope FH2 and Bayonetta did good because they deserve.
Very happy for The Evil Within!
Kudos to Sony (for what I care, lulz)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Nice to see Smash so high =). Some interesting SKU ordering. Also, Just Dance didn't chart (does it usually during its launch month)?

tcrunch

Where is Alien? :(

Bounced out of play by Evil Within I guess.

edit: Also might be niche since its relevance requires you to watch movies. I was looking in on a stream the other day and the streamer was fighting some robots and lots of the comments in the chat were about how creepy the "alien" was.

Not seeing it tbh.

Advanced warfare. Ps4>x1
Destiny. Ps4>x1
Bf4. Ps4>x1

Ghosts as well, no?

-----

Sunset Overdrive done worse than I expected, I thought it'd chart quite high. Shame about DriveClub but I guess digital sales aren't counted and that is probably the way its selling most due to PS+ discount.

Duxxy3

Not seeing it tbh.

Advanced warfare. Ps4>x1
Destiny. Ps4>x1
Bf4. Ps4>x1

We don't have AW numbers. The U.S. sales for Destiny are very close, and we don't have a clear picture of those sales either (because activision hasn't released shit).

EGM1966

No Alien Isolation? USA i am dissapoint. Put down the rinse / repeat franchises for a while and buy the damn risk taking new IP will you.

Also not sure why Driveclub was expected to show up. Its a genre that seems super niche in US these days, it had a troubled launch and anyone with Plus who wanted it would have got it digital.

Sort of good to see TEW there but its way weaker title than Alien as survival horror, but you do get to shoot stuff vs hiding under desks i guess.

Couldn't care less about Sunset not making a position, I don't like it and I don't like Insomniac since Spyro but I hope FH2 and Bayonetta did good because they deserve.
Very happy for The Evil Within!

Maybe they team up with activision and let me look at spyro as something even slightly resembling my childhood for once????

Props to Tango. Tough month to launch in. Hoping for a good sale this holiday.

Really need some details about Alien. And what's this about Aquamarine being put into exile?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
im so confused.......

bundle + digital = fewer retail copies of destiny sold on PS4?

You're missing the point. My question is, "why?"

Why are these consoles selling so much better than PS3 and 360?

I think there's some skewing here.. you even see them keep mentioning "combined".

my take on it is..

360 actually didn't sell OMG fast, largely because of supply constraints. on top of that while sales were solid within the first 6 months or so, the highest profile game IIRC was Oblivion.

Likewise, PS3 sold VERY slow at launch. I mean five ninety nine and all.

Now compare that to hear where XBONE has sold around as well as 360 over the first years, and PS4 has just obliterated what PS3 did.

tl;dr sales are up so much because of PS4 going gang busters.

Man, I had TEW pegged for a bomba.

I also had it pegged for an amazing game, so I was wrong twice.

I am willing to entertain the idea it gets better past chapter two but it will take a stronger man than me to find out.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It is survival horror new ip, so you'd have to look a the first DS.

Is it?

The VentureBeat quote says "That said, Bethesda still has to consider The Evil Within a success. It set a new record for the highest first-month sales for a release in the “survival horror” genre, according to the NPD."

I took that as highest first month for any survival horror game instead of for a new IP.

...Maybe that doesn't make any sense given Resident Evil.

duessano

Truly the console of the generation. At this point I don't see it ceding any month to Xbox One regardless of what Microsoft does.

Sony must be sending their finest cigars to Don Mattrick:

e5317.jpg

Top Bottom