• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPR: Obama's Hosting His Own Music Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
blogHero_0.jpeg

Back in March, both President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama spoke at the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. Now, inspired by the trip, the Obama administration is collaborating with SXSW to host a miniature version of the festival at the White House. As reported by NPR member station KUT, it'll be called South by South Lawn and will be held Oct. 3.

The one-day festival will pack in all three elements of the normally sprawling SXSW festival: Interactive, Film and Music. The elements will feature panel discussions, short student films and live performances. According to the official White House statement, the event "will bring together creators, innovators, and organizers who work day in and day out to improve the lives of their fellow Americans and people around the world."

If there's someone you'd like to see at South by South Lawn, the White House is accepting nominations on its website. The deadline is Sept. 10 at 5 p.m.
Coachella ain't got shit on this.

Eidan

Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm all for free concerts (I can only assume it'll be free). Here's hoping Clinton decides to make it a yearly event.

WedgeX

Banned
10/3 is a Monday. I do not have classes then. Imma go.

....I need people to nominate me apparently. Time to peer pressure my cohort?

Hazmat

I think it's awesome that Obama and company are using the influence of the White House to support this kind of art and creativity one last time before he's out. He and Mrs. Obama have held events like the White House Poetry Jam in the past, and I like seeing more support for the arts.

I think it's awesome that Obama and company are using the influence of the White House to support this kind of art and creativity one last time before he's out. He and Mrs. Obama have held events like the White House Poetry Jam in the past, and I like seeing more support for the arts.

Fox News: But President Obama is using taxpayer money for worthless millenial artists who don't have the desire to go out and get a real job!!!

Show the kids you're in tune with the underground, Mr. President. Have Death Grips, Lil Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, Playboi Carti, Lil Yachty, Desiigner, Kodak Black, and all on the bill.

Fuck all these legacy acts, show the White House stands for trapping, hustling, drinking lean, and balling.

SgtCobra

They better book Young Thug for this. Future Swag needs to be experienced by everyone.

Show the kids you're in tune with the underground, Mr. President. Have Death Grips, Lil Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, Playboi Carti, Lil Yachty, Desiigner, Kodak Black, and all on the bill.
Christ *shudders*

Bronx-Man

Banned

Fuck all these legacy acts, show the White House stands for trapping, hustling, drinking lean, and balling.
I fuck with this lineup. I fuck with it heavy.

tumblr_nuj5upKC6W1qbaamvo1_500.jpg

I'm so out of the loop.

Mortemis

Banned

Throw in Migos and we gon be on some lit shit.

Do it Mr. President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom