• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NSMBU + NSLU bundle confirmed in the US + Nintendo Land now 30$

L~A

Looks like the NSMBU + NSLU is indeed coming to the US. It replaces the usual Premium Pack with Nintendo Land included. Will be released on Nov. 1st, at 299.99$. Nintendo Land will still be sold separately, but at 29.99$ :

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo is launching a new Wii U Deluxe Set that puts the focus on value, and highlights the two biggest names in video games: Mario and his brother, Luigi. Available in stores on Nov. 1, the Wii U Deluxe model will come with two games – New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U – all on one disc. The new configuration will sell at the low suggested retail price of $299.99, and replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe Set, which included Nintendo Land. For fans who want to experience the uproarious fun of Nintendo Land, the game can still be purchased separately in stores and as a download in the Nintendo eShop at a new low suggested retail price of $29.99, also beginning Nov. 1.

The beautiful, limited-edition Wii U Deluxe bundle that comes with a download code for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, a gorgeous GamePad controller adorned with art inspired by The Legend of Zelda series and a download code for a digital copy of Hyrule Historia is also still available at a suggested retail price of $299.99 while supplies last.

“Mario and Luigi are two of the biggest heroes in video games,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “This new Wii U configuration gives people instant access to not one, but two of the most well-received Wii U games. It’s another example of the tremendous value and variety that Nintendo is offering consumers this holiday season.”

New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U are two of the best games on Wii U. The games offer players two separate platforming adventures – one starring Mario and one starring Luigi – each filled with dozens of creative levels. Both Mario and Luigi control differently, giving each game a distinct feel and challenge. Both games showcase the refreshing originality and game play that can only be found on Nintendo systems.

Added some pics :
rExpEmF.jpg

NmiuAxB.jpg

uPJ1Jnx.jpg

bfZ2hZS.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So the system + Mario 3d World + Nintendo Land at $389? That's not a bad value. If you need a wiimote you just add a Wii Party U and you're done.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Any chance for a Super Mario 3D World bundle?

I might bite. My mom loves Mario games. But I might wait for Mario Kart because she spent 700 hours on the Wii version.

Maybe I'll wait for a Black Friday sale and see then.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Mentioned in previous thread:

Great News! Hopefully Nintendo will actively start promoting the new bundle via a Nintendo Direct and media advertising. Nintendo needs to get the word out and judging by their new momentum in September, bundles are the way to go, increasing the perceived value of the Wii U. Nintendo can have a good holiday - now start working.

hoserx

This is great and all but now their pack-in game doesn't really do anything to show off the Wii U gamepad..... I never would have bought nintendoland separately, but I am so glad that I have it. It's fantastic by yourself, and nearly unparalleled when played with others.

Pociask

This is great and all but now their pack-in game doesn't really do anything to show off the Wii U gamepad..... I never would have bought nintendoland separately, but I am so glad that I have it. It's fantastic by yourself, and nearly unparalleled when played with others.

Their pack in game wasn't moving any hardware at all. Nintendo apparently doesn't even have the confidence to sell it for $50 or $60 - that's fine and probably a good move, but it's not the mark of a system seller.

hoserx

Their pack in game wasn't moving any hardware at all. Nintendo apparently doesn't even have the confidence to sell it for $50 or $60 - that's fine and probably a good move, but it's not the mark of a system seller.

It obviously isn't a system seller.... look at the numbers...... and all three games are great, I own them. I hope that they consider a wii play pack-in at some point.

Bear

Any chance for a Super Mario 3D World bundle?

I think there is no chance for that. Super Mario 3d World should be their big seller for this holiday and they have to make money somehow.

It's a possible candidate for the "Cherry Pack" SKU that showed up in retailer listings, considering how Nintendo associates red products with Mario and there is already a NSMBU bundle.

The listed price is more than the regular Deluxe bundle so it would still be profitable.

Tadale

That's a pretty rad deal. I wish it was bundled with NSMBU when it came out – I ended up paying like $410 and barely touched Nintendo Land.

L~A

Get out of GAF and go play Donkey Kong Crash Course NOW!

I agree, definitely one of the best attraction. Quite simple, but sooooo additictive. And it makes wonderful use of the GamePad. When I tried it the first time, at E3, I thought Nintendo should make it a standalone DL game on the eShop, with tons of levels. Seriously.

Sendou

32GB is the better Wii U bundle right? There's nothing bigger than that?

Yeah 32GB internal flash memory is the best. It will last you a good while though. For example Super Mario 3D World is just 1.8GB. After that you can expand that with standard USB hard drives.

zma1013

I may end up picking this one up as I also have the whole Wii catalog to catch up on. I'm doubting they're going to HDify their Wii games, so I might as well get to them.

Imagine if it launched at $299 with NSMBU bundled and Nintendoland priced at $29.99.

Damn, Nintendo. You knew you didn't have games available, so this would've been the right move (even if they would've been foregoing some profit). The installed base would've been higher.

This bundle may do some damage this holiday.

NYCrooner

This is a very sexy bundle from a point of purchase perspective if you are a parent or old school gamer. Will strike a note when you see the boxes in Best Buy, etc.

WatTsu

SOLD.

And there's no 3D World bundle because Nintendo wants new bundle owners to buy it along with their new bundles. I mean, come on.

Richie

So you get the digital version of NSMBU+NSLU?

Or do they come with the boxes/discs?

NmiuAxB.jpg

From the other thread:

I really hope Nintendo finally markets the damn thing, because man, this is a killer combo. Cheapest next gen console in the market come Black Friday, by 100 whole bucks, AND comes with Mario and Luigi! Tell me if they can't make a bloodbath with the families should they actually inform them about its existence.

Top Bottom