• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Number of games for each console

jjonez18

Throw total software sales in there. I'm sure there's some sort of correlation. Maybe like some sort of quality indicator or fanbase activity tracker.

PS4: 1316
XB1: 1024
WIIU: 725
3DS: 1012
Vita: 1433 >
R7URtqp.gif

Lol

I can only assume these figures are North America only, otherwise they're simply completely wrong.

Snes library has well over 1,500 games if you include Japan. Saturn library is around the 1,300 mark too, not 597.

-shadow-

The original DS had less games than the original Playstation, PS2 or PS3. That feels... Very weird because it feels like its library is endless.

18-Volt

I'm weirded out by Vita and 3DS numbers as I thought that they were pretty different numbers

I certainly am not. I own 155 full price games on Vita and 120 on 3DS. I've been buying all the major 3DS releases as soon as they're available yet my 3DS collection is still falls short.

But let's talk about the GBA

what the fuck

that was a system with a 3 year life until it's successor arose how the fuck did that happen

GBA had its best years AFTER DS came out. And its production stopped in 2010, one year before 3DS released.

pswii60

That 360 number is retail only!

You also need to add 719 XBLA games to that number.

Then there's the indie games too, although they're all a variation on Minecraft.

I'd love an official source where you drill down by region (NTSC/PAL/J) and physical vs digital along with yearly releases.

Does anything like this exist for any system or family of systems?

pswii60

There are lots of PSN games missing from that PS4 number. I just searched for a few, like Poncho, and most of the Arcade Archives etc, not to be found on the Wiki list,

Basically, the numbers are bollocks.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Apparently i missed xb360 dd games, i will correct it.

What surprised me the most was the number of c64 and amiga games, i know that there are probably lots of "indie" games but the number is still huge for almost european only computers.

PC - 28 325
What's the source?

Well, You're in luck, RalchAC!!

Gravity Rush: Remastered is a thing on the PS4. I enjoyed what I played of this on the Vita.

Tearaway Unfolded has been on the PS4 for quite a while.
He was ironic i guess.

shandy706

Apparently i missed xb360 dd games, i will correct it.

What surprised me the most was the number of c64 and amiga games, i know that there are probably lots of "indie" games but the number is still huge for almost european only computers.

What's the source?

He was ironic i guess.

Pretty sure there would be over 100,000 "PC" games released. I think just a couple systems/platforms from the late 70s/early 80s had well over 10,000 on their own..lol

Obviously if we're talking EVERY game released/made for them. For example, it wouldn't surprise me if there were 10,000 games just for the ZX Spectrum.

Can that Saturn number be right, even including Japanese-only releases?

It's isn't (see my post #55).

The Saturn library is around 1,300 strong across all regions.

EDIT- in fact, even if it's US only, it's still wrong. It seems that only around 250 Saturn games were released in the west. 597 is nowhere near either that figure or the total figure across all regions, so I've no absolutely no idea where it comes from.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.p...l-Sega-saturn-US-releases-and-number-of-games
http://www.consolecity.com/games.php?region_array[]=1&system_id=7&start=0

I can only guess that it's the total number of games on each system with a Wikipedia article, so consoles with more obscure libraries in the west such as the Saturn or PC-Engine are going to be under-represented. It would also explain why some PSN games might be missing too as one of the above posters pointed out.

That Saturn list is scary to think about most of it is Japan-only stuff. The people who actually document collect like this are amazing and crazy

bluenote

Neo Member
1433 Vita games includes Japanese only games. I'd be curious what the North America total would be. (I can drill down by NA title only, but have to count 1 by 1, don't really have the time at the moment to do that!)

Top Bottom