• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nutribullet vs. Ninja Blender, what's better for juicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrellRell

So with a juicer, I don't need water or ice or anything? As you can tell, I'm totally clueless on this stuff.

Yes, that's exactly it. You put veggies/fruit in, you get juice out one hole and pulp out the other. If you are seriously considering a juicer, check out the Omega line as I mentioned above. If you are toying with the idea, you might want to pick up something a little cheaper.

Raistlin

So with a juicer, I don't need water or ice or anything? As you can tell, I'm totally clueless on this stuff.
I'm not an expert either ... so you may want to see if others chime in ... but that is how I understand it. Typically a blender is more for smoothies, etc, since it's going to leave all the pulp and stuff in. I'd see what recipes interest you the most, and base your purchase on that.

BTW - some juice recipes still will have you add water, since you don't want pure fruit juice (ton of calories) in may cases. That's why many use the alternative of mixing in carrots or similar stuff ... or are savory recipes from the get-go.

So I got the Nutribullet 900 Pro.

Freaking awesome. Been having a green smoothie for breakfast and lunch the last week.

Thing does a great job. The first time it came out a bit too thick, but I ran the thing a bit longer the next time and it came out great.

been doing two handfuls of organic spinach, 1 handful of organic Kale, a medium banana, a green apple, and some frozen pineapple and strawberries and little bit of raw sunflower seeds.

Mascot

Old thread so apologies for the necrobump, but I just bought a Nutribullet after hating the amount of pulp waste my Philips juicer would produce. Always seemed like a waste of good roughage. I'd prefer to ingest the lot.

Anyway - anyone got any good recipes for slow-burn energy smoothies, main sport three-hour mountain biking sessions?

lachesis

Ninja is better for big portion, but I think other types of immersion blender would do fine if you are using semi crushed ice for smoothies. (My refrigerator has ice dispensing function, which also happens has semi-crushed ice).

Also since I drink straight up from the cup that I use for blending, those small ones are easier to clean up. Ninja is pretty easy to clean, but it's big & bulky - also the blades are super sharp. However it does produce much smoother smoothie / soup etc.

Laekon

argh should have checked the date before replying

Vitamin is king. There is also Bkendtec Of course those will run $400+
You can sometimes get a good price on a refurbished Vitamix on their site.

The bold part isn't true at all. Both Blendtec and Vitamix have refurb parts of their website. A Blendtech refurb cost $280 and has the same warranty as a new one. Plus every summer(June into July) Vitamix has a sale code that gets you 25% off a refurb unit and there are always free shipping codes.. I got a $450 Vitamix for $270 with tax and shipping.

Either of these are a lot better option then a cheaper blender or juicer. They work amazingly well, have good warranties, and can do a lot of other stuff.

I do this one all the time as a meal. It makes about 2 pint glasses.

1 scoop whey(normally vanilla)
1/4 cup almonds
2 tbsp flax seeds
2 large handfuls of spinach
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
3/4 cup frozen raspberries
1 to 1-1/2 cups water

empyrean

Sorry to bump such an old thread but...

I have a nutri ninja auto iq and it is very good...however it is possibly the noisiest thing known to man, it literally sounds like someone is operating heavy machinery. My gf likes to make smoothies in the morning and the machine is just too loud, wakes me up and I'm pretty certain next door can hear it.

So, alternatives. Quite like the idea of the nutribullet rx as it also has the ability to make soups...but no point in getting it if it is just as loud. Anyone recommend a good blender that is quieter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom