• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces Geforce GTX 10 Series - GTX1080 - $599 - May 27th, GTX1070 = $379

jayzTwoCents test of the EVGA SC (Standard PCB with custom cooler). Damn, running at 2000Mhz boost, staying under 70 degrees on Doom (4k@60fps too).

Can't wait to see what the custom PCB's with more power can do. Should be able to get pretty high with those. weeeee.

Are you saying that's the same card as the reference card, only with a custom cooler? The one I preordered has no SC or FTW in its name, but all I see people talking about are those two.

finalflame

Gold Member
jayzTwoCents test of the EVGA SC (Standard PCB with custom cooler). Damn, running at 2000Mhz boost, staying under 70 degrees on Doom (4k@60fps too).

Can't wait to see what the custom PCB's with more power can do. Should be able to get pretty high with those. weeeee.

Open test bench and Jayz is one of EVGA's golden marketing boys so he most definitely got a binned cherry-picked card. Do not expect to get this performance/temp inside a case.

Onemic

Fuck Yes!

Just pre-ordered the 1080 FTW on MemoryExpress in Canada!!!

It even went down in price so it's 884$ right now. 938$ total with shipping and taxes.

How long would delivery take? After the cards officially release or on the day of like Amazon?

Paganmoon

Are you saying that's the same card as the reference card, only with a custom cooler? The one I preordered has no SC or FTW in its name, but all I see people talking about are those two.

Reference card with custom cooler, and a higher core clock (factory OC). The one you got is probably the same exact card (Reference PCB with custom cooler), but no factory OC. I guess the cooling solution could be somewhat different as well.

Open test bench and Jayz is one of EVGA's golden marketing boys so he most definitely got a binned cherry-picked card. Do not expect to get this performance/temp inside a case.

it ran at 2000Mhz, and stayed under 70 degrees. I mean, even in a shitty case, you're going to be at under 90 right?

FE cards throttled in open benches at their boost clocks. This bodes well for custom PCB cards. Hoping for some benches soon.

finalflame

Gold Member
it ran at 2000Mhz, and stayed under 70 degrees. I mean, even in a shitty case, you're going to be at under 90 right?

FE cards throttled in open benches at their boost clocks. This bodes well for custom PCB cards. Hoping for some benches soon.

The cooler is definitely better than the vapor chamber blower, and definitely bodes well for custom PCBs which are priced around FE prices. The FE is, truly, a terrible value.

I bought one anyways because I'm impatient and want to get a waterblock slapped on it and be one of the earlier peeps to have a full custom loop running with one, though :)

hLrGk0L.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope I can snag an EVGA FTW when they go up on Amazon (it should be ~$965 shipped). The local (AU) prices are gross, as expected: $1179+ for an FE. I imagine importing an FTW will represent a saving of around $300.

Blitzhex

He doesn't do any fights at 4k, he shoots in empty corridors and explodes a couple of barrels which do nothing to your fps anyway. Near the end you can even see him trying to walk through a doorway, possibly to a fight, and it abruptly cuts away into an empty space again. I've played doom a lot, I'm pretty sure his fps would drop below 60 in fights and the game is nothing but huge fights.

Alexious

He doesn't do any fights at 4k, he shoots in empty corridors and explodes a couple of barrels which do nothing to your fps anyway. Near the end you can even see him trying to walk through a doorway, possibly to a fight, and it abruptly cuts away into an empty space again. I've played doom a lot, I'm pretty sure his fps would drop below 60 in fights and the game is nothing but huge fights.

Hardware Unboxed benchmarked the game with a similar OC and got 63 average.

14mxmFb.png

dr_rus

GTX 980 was 549 Dollar, and 560 Euro.
1080 is 699 $, and 800 €.

GTX 970 was 329 Dollar, and 340 Euro.
1070 is 449 $, and 499 €.

Boh.

1080 is $599 and 1070 is $379 unless you're talking about Fail Edition reference cards which no sane person should buy for these prices.

I still feel that 1080 is overpriced at $599 though as chances are that the next family will have the same GPU and performance in one year for $400.

Bluforce

1080 is $599 and 1070 is $379 unless you're talking about Fail Edition reference cards which no sane person should buy for these prices.

I still feel that 1080 is overpriced at $599 though as chances are that the next family will have the same GPU and performance in one year for $400.

Both are overpriced. 1080, 1070. FE or not FE.

I'm talking about Europe, not USA.

RedSwirl

So let me get this straight: non-reference 1080's aren't out yet?

I'm still trying to make an educated guess at when I'll be able to grab a non-reference 1070.

Jimrpg

I hope I can snag an EVGA FTW when they go up on Amazon (it should be ~$965 shipped). The local (AU) prices are gross, as expected: $1179+ for an FE. I imagine importing an FTW will represent a saving of around $300.

To anyone in Australia - I've also been keeping an eye on the exchange rate. Plummeted to 0.72US cents this month from 0.78 cents... even that six cents move is about ~$50. something to think about, if you are watching your costs. I'll be getting my card when its around 0.8 cents.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
To anyone in Australia - I've also been keeping an eye on the exchange rate. Plummeted to 0.72US cents this month from 0.78 cents... even that six cents move is about ~$50. something to think about, if you are watching your costs. I'll be getting my card when its around 0.8 cents.

0.8 US cents? That's wishful thinking :(

Xyber

I want to believe but why wouldnt people just wait and get a non fe if its so close?

I wonder how much they'll cost

Because people are impatient as fuck, that's why. :p

Something better and cheaper is not worth waiting a little bit more for.

And prices for stuff is already out there on most sites now.

DieH@rd

Banned
Announced price for 1070 FE is 500€ in my country, but I fully expect that local sellers will sell it for more. Bah. I hope that regular versions will go all the way down to 380-390€.

Jimrpg

Announced price for 1070 FE is 500€ in my country, but I fully expect that local sellers will sell it for more. Bah. I hope that regular versions will go all the way down to 380-390€.

Any particular reason why Europeans don't just import from the US? Do you pay VAT on imports?

Jimrpg

0.8 US cents? That's wishful thinking :(

Oil price is up from $30 a barrel in February this year to $50 a barrel now and the US dollar has in general a correlation with oil prices...im kinda bullish that the AU will go higher soon. :) But take this with a grain of salt.

DBT85

Any particular reason why Europeans don't just import from the US? Do you pay VAT on imports?

If the customs men see it then there is vat and then an extra charge for the type of import, and then likly an extra delivery charge.

Though in my many orders from HK I've never been hit with anything other than the delivery charge.

The other option is buying on on holiday where you just walk through customs. But its illegal an immoral so nobody ever ever does this.

DieH@rd

Banned
On top of VAT you sometimes get hit with random custom checks and charges.

In my case, +20% VAT, and then +10% customs charge on entire value of the package [package+shipment price+VAT], and then processing charge. ~_~

Importing HW from US is for normal price is possible only if someone personally goes there, hides the GPU, and not report it when going back. :D

Top Bottom