• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Geforce experience - installer failed

samar11

I just updated windows to the latest version and I keep getting this error when I try to update the nvidia drivers using geforce experience.

'Nvidia installer failed'

I tried everything and even followed instructions on nvidias site.

I have a 2080ti, so its not like im running a very old card.

any help would be appreciated !

Kadayi

Banned
Try uninstalling using Revo uninstaller (there is a free version). Reboot and try a fresh install then

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Try to install the drivers the old fashioned way and download them, run the installer. Once you have the drivers installed, uninstall the geforce experience and install the latest from the website. Try that.

Have you tried manually downloading the driver? Also windows might have changed you to the DCH driver type. Has happened to after a re-install.

samar11

Try uninstalling using Revo uninstaller (there is a free version). Reboot and try a fresh install then

Did that still no luck.

Try to install the drivers the old fashioned way and download them, run the installer. Once you have the drivers installed, uninstall the geforce experience and install the latest from the website. Try that.

No luck
Have you tried manually downloading the driver? Also windows might have changed you to the DCH driver type. Has happened to after a re-install.

Yup and no luck ffs lol

samar11

I cant even reinstall geforce experience anymore - its saying downloading updates and then I get this message

samar11

Error message
1h7iY61.png

AiUztqL.png

Ovek

7Member7
Try manually updating the gfx card driver through device manager and then trying to reinstall the Nvidia installer.

octiny

Banned

Disconnect internet & boot to safe mode before using it.

samar11

Disconnect internet & boot to safe mode before using it.

I cant get into safe mode without my password :/ Its saying incorrect, I am assuming it needs the internet as its using my MS account.

octiny

Banned
I cant get into safe mode without my password :/ Its saying incorrect, I am assuming it needs the internet as its using my MS account.

Shouldn't need the internet to access any safe mode unless you're specifically choosing the safe mode type with "network connection".

In any event, once you get in safemode, just disconnect the internet (so windows doesn't start updating the driver automatically when you reboot). Then install the new driver.

Kadayi

Banned
Revo uninstaller would remove every trace (assuming you did the delete protocol afterwards) so there's a deeper issue here if your still having errors. I suggest you try the nvidia forums.

It wouldn't install updates for me at one point. After a lot of searching I found a solution. I downloaded CCleaner and cleaned my registry. Worked immediately.

Hinedorf

Banned
I've had this before where I had to download the update and run it as Administrator rather than going through the gui update process of gforce experince, just something to try.

Zimmy68

Same here. I have never had an issue before with the Nvidia installer.
Mine said something like, "there is already an install in progress" or something like that.
I just cancelled and was going to try again today.

Gp1

Probably some registry mess up, use Revo or CC should fix it.
and... do use gf experience :)

nemiroff

Gold Member
I got a driver failed to install message yesterday when I updated my 1080 drivers and had to use the DCH version to fix it (first time I had to use that one..)

Zenaku

I had mine fail to install drivers just last week. Uninstalled both graphics drivers and geforce experience with "Display Driver Uninstaller" (search google for 'guru ddu') and ran a fresh install of the latest GE.

Both GE and my drivers reinstalled fine.

I had a different problem with GeForce Experience not working a few days ago. Nothing I did seemed to fix it. Reinstalling didn't work, various fixes I read about didn't work, even DDU didn't work.

In the end what worked was manually deleting every trace of Nvidia from my PC, and then reinstalling the latest drivers.

Here is a guide

It's not hard, just follow the steps :)

Top Bottom