• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia launches GeForce GTX 10 series for notebooks

Kayant

GeForce GTX 1080 gets full fat GP104 GPU with 2560 CUDA Cores. Literally the only difference between the mobile and desktop parts is the base clock, which is ~50 MHz lower on mobile part. Apart from that, we get full 8GB GDDR5X memory clocked at 10 GHz.

The GTX 1070 gets more CUDA cores than desktop variant — 2048 CUDA Cores. The decision to increase the number of cores on laptop part was probably dictated by lower clocks, thus by increasing the number of CUDA cores, we still get similar performance.

Finally, the GTX 1060 has 1280 CUDA cores and 6GB GDDR5 memory. The mobile chip is simply lower clocked (1405/1670 MHz) than desktop variant.

Slide_06-900x505.jpg

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-10-Pascal-Notebook-Series-3.jpg

More at - http://videocardz.com/63152/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-10-series-for-notebooks

Video Previews :

Awesomesauce Network
LinusTechTips
Gamers Nexus
Tek Syndicate
Paul's Hardware
HardwareCanucks

Write ups :
Pcworld - Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)

Anandtech - NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 10-Series for Notebooks Unveiled, Launching Today

Techspot - Nvidia Pascal Goes Mobile: GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 & 1060 Preview

Tomshardware - Nvidia Launches Mobile Pascal: 1060, 1070 And 1080 Desktop-Class Graphics

Pcper - NVIDIA Pascal Mobile: GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 Enter Gaming Notebooks

hodgy100

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have a 2011 Macbook Air. I'd like one of these in a new Macbook. It would be nice. I'd never use it for gaming, though, since I already have a 1070 gaming desktop. But a 1060 would drive my Macbook well.

Lazaro

Yes. That plus getting Xbox Play Anywhere titles. Yea, I would be down for that.

I wonder if Surface Book 2 will also get a customized GPU like the first one.

Haven't brought a laptop in ages, so I'm looking forward to what Surface Book 2 or the new OLED touch-bar MacBook's (if true) will offer.

L.O.R.D

I have a question,my friend has sager with GTX 880m SLI,can he replace them with the new GTX 1080? at least install one 1080 instead of two 880m.

Sk6nAUe.jpg

I knew these new cards were coming but as I mostly use Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop (very little Premiere Pro or After Effects) and do my gaming on a PS4 and WiiU it's not so important. Still they are cracking new cards though!

Neoxon

I'm currently using a MacBook Pro (Mid-2014), but I'd love to upgrade to one of these just so I could bring a 4K/60fps/Ultra-settings Street Fighter V set-up to locals. That plus Overwatch at max settings.

Also, OP, you forgot Blunty's preview.

darthkarki

Digital Foundry got to do a bit of testing with these too:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...idia-pascal-notebook-chips-are-a-game-changer

This has me incredibly excited:

At a press event last week, journalists were given access to a range of laptops from virtually every major vendor, but the surprise package was a new Razer Blade 14, featuring a Core i7 quad-core processor backed by GTX 1060. It was playing host to Doom 2016, where it was running at 1080p on ultra settings at well over 60fps. It wasn't the most powerful laptop at the event - far from it - but it's first time that we've seen GPU power that comprehensively beats the current-gen consoles contained within a relatively small and thin laptop. The Razer Blade 14's form factor looked unchanged from existing models, which are comparable to a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro.

the remarkable reality is a GTX 1060-equipped gaming laptop offers more GPU power than the upcoming PlayStation Neo. Now that's food for thought.

Kareha

lmao that's insane, you could get a whole PC and a decent 4k monitor for that price. (obv people who want a laptop don't care about desktop PCs)

I'll never understand why people say just get a desktop to people looking at gaming laptops. They're probably know this but a desktop takes up a lot of space, space some people don't have, hence looking at laptops.

Also, £2600 seems reasonable to me and I'm not rich. Gaming laptops are expensive and always will be.

KKRT00

Now that i think about it, Sony will have a hard time with their Neo in a year time.
Next year lower end laptops will have same or higher performance than their 'newest' platform and Microsoft will also be ahead.

Mifec

I'll never understand why people say just get a desktop to people looking at gaming laptops. They're probably know this but a desktop takes up a lot of space, space some people don't have, hence looking at laptops.

Also, £2600 seems reasonable to me and I'm not rich. Gaming laptops are expensive and always will be.

Except I never said that? I just compared what you could get for the same money.

BibiMaghoo

Now that i think about it, Sony will have a hard time with their Neo in a year time.
Next year lower end laptops will have same or higher performance than their 'newest' platform and Microsoft will also be ahead.

Not really, those lower end laptops with the same performance will still cost twice a PS4.

Micerider

Well probably not at the same price level though. "Lower end" gaming which would probably be above 800. Still good to see portable PC gaming becoming more of mainstream thing.

Mivey

The good thing about this is that you could probably use them to cook your food, once you have to sell your stove to pay for them.

Vitor711

As someone who's bought several gaming laptops over the past decade, this performance increase is nuts.

Real shame about the price though. I have a desktop now since I stopped travelling but, even before, I could justify the pricing of the top tier machines (680m, 980m etc.). This, not so much.

KKRT00

Well probably not at the same price level though. "Lower end" gaming which would probably be above 800. Still good to see portable PC gaming becoming more of mainstream thing.

Of course not at the same price. Its full mobile platform and PC which make it more versatile.
But there are a lot of people that use normal laptop for work and a console for gaming. Buying one hardware in smaller form factor without breaking a bank can make big difference.

Top Bottom