• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

Hobosluz

Neo Member
In other news, my evga xc3 black is meant to arrive this week and started a new job today, I swear half my time is spent looking for the delivery man to turn up lol.

sertopico

1. This is a serious insult.

2. Your use of it indicates that you indeed have contempt for me, since a twerp is a contemptible person.
Sorry (not sorry) but why don't you and other people keep this endless conversation private? This is not your own message board. You keep thinking your CPU does not bottleneck you? Fine. But let's stick to the main topic and please let's not turn this thread into some kind of brazilian telenovela.

PS:

francisco_jos_de_goyabxj0b.jpg

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What happened to my thread? OP should be able to ban.

I hooked up my 3080 to my old build with a 4670k and swapped in the new PSU. I’ll give it a go later this week. Are drivers being updated fast?

Really sucks not having Zen 3 out yet. Also, I grabbed a Samsung 980 for my hard drive. Didn’t know when the 2TB would drop so I just went for the 1TB.

Last edited:

I hooked up my 3080 to my old build with a 4670k and swapped in the new PSU. I’ll give it a go later this week.

Really sucks not having Zen 3 out yet. Also, I grabbed a Samsung 980 for my hard drive. Didn’t know when the 2TB would drop so I just went for the 1TB.
Holy Shit. It is your thread. Hey bub! :messenger_winking_tongue:

BluRayHiDef

Banned

I hooked up my 3080 to my old build with a 4670k and swapped in the new PSU. I’ll give it a go later this week. Are drivers being updated fast?

You'll definitely notice an improvement despite having an old CPU. At what resolution do you play?

kiphalfton

Jesus, everybody is all fired up. Deep breath, people.

Hey don't you have a graphics card, so of course you're going to say that...:pie_unamused:

In all seriousness, I think this week is the week I get one. I have failed enough times I think I finally have a strategy that may work.

Also prices seem to be dropping ever so slightly on ebay, so hopefully that means supply is catching up with demand.

Last edited:
Hey don't you have a graphics card, so of course you're going to say that...:pie_unamused:

In all seriousness, I think this week is the week I get one. I have failed enough times I think I finally have a strategy that may work.

Also prices seem to be dropping ever so slightly on ebay, so hopefully that means supply is catching up with demand.
If you have an effective strat...I am all ears.

Kawika

Anyone know what cable on Amazon that is actually HDMI 2.1? I have a LG OLED CX & a 3080fe and i have purchased 2 cables so far and they are just a flickery mess (because they are HDMI 2.0 cables labled as 8K 48gbs cables) when I try to set it up. Also, I could very well be doing it wrong but my 1440p g sync monitor is fine whenever i set it up so its either the tv or the cable. I am assuming its the cable. I would love to hear if anyone got 4K120h running yet. I read somewhere that lowering it to sub 100hz might make it work but i have had such luck.

Last edited:
Anyone know what cable on Amazon that is actually HDMI 2.1? I have a LG OLED CX & a 3080fe and i have purchased 2 cables so far and they are just a flickery mess (because they are HDMI 2.0 cables labled as 8K 48gbs cables) /QUOTE]

This is a bit concerning, I've got a CX and the MSI trio, after trying (and failing) to get my current 10m cable to work, I've ordered 2 of these.

I'll let you know how they are when they arrive.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
No way the 3080 msi trio that would have arrived tomorrow ? it's delayed by 1 week who would have guessed :pie_roffles:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Anyone know what cable on Amazon that is actually HDMI 2.1? I have a LG OLED CX & a 3080fe and i have purchased 2 cables so far and they are just a flickery mess (because they are HDMI 2.0 cables labled as 8K 48gbs cables) when I try to set it up. Also, I could very well be doing it wrong but my 1440p g sync monitor is fine whenever i set it up so its either the tv or the cable. I am assuming its the cable. I would love to hear if anyone got 4K120h running yet. I read somewhere that lowering it to sub 100hz might make it work but i have had such luck.

1. Link

2. Link

Malakhov

Banned
Watch the video.
I did, I even shared it here a while ago. The 3600 fares better than that cpu, it's got nothing to do with this. You're comparing it to an haswell-e. The 3600 fares much better, it outperforms it in a lot of games and software. He does not have a 10k intel cpu

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I have still two active 3080 orders, one will go to a friend of mine. Just received an update!
Dear customer, please see the current status of your order below.

Delivery date unknown.

Wow what a helpful update.

Ya i got one of these the other day
wtf

nemiroff

Gold Member
Huh, would you look at that..; the Asus 3080 TUF has gone up about 140 dollars since I preordered.

7n4jQZm.png

It doesn't affect me but it sure sucks for those who are ordering it now..

Still November 1st.. Crossing my fingers..

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You'll definitely notice an improvement despite having an old CPU. At what resolution do you play?
21:9 1440p.

I’ll be grabbing an LG CX 48 to run in 21:9 later this year, too.

pr0cs

Ya i got one of these the other day
wtf
I got one last week, annoying as hell. All excited, quickly entered the CC info to make sure it goes through, went thru and the next morning BAM, kick to the balls .. "sorry your order was not successful, this product is backordered 4-6 weeks"

Catphish

Bought a new PowerSpec rig from MicroCenter last week with a ASUS 3080 in it. Very nice, and only $200 more than if I would have bought all the components separately to build it myself. 4k/60 avg with RDR2 on Ultra and 4k/40 with MSFS2020 on Ultra. I hoped for better with FS, but I can live with it. Pretty much every other game I have runs 4k/60 on max settings. Bring on CP2077!

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Bought a new PowerSpec rig from MicroCenter last week with a ASUS 3080 in it. Very nice, and only $200 more than if I would have bought all the components separately to build it myself. 4k/60 avg with RDR2 on Ultra and 4k/40 with MSFS2020 on Ultra. I hoped for better with FS, but I can live with it. Pretty much every other game I have runs 4k/60 on max settings. Bring on CP2077!
What are the overall specifications?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
  • Intel Core i9 10900KF 3.7GHz Processor
  • NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X (ASUS TUF Gaming)
  • 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM
  • 1TB SSD
  • 10/100/1000/2500 LAN + WiFi 6 WLAN
  • Windows 10 Pro
I'll test out Microsoft Flight Simulator on my rig to see if I experience similar performance as you despite having an older CPU. I have the game, but I haven't launched it since I got my 3080; I've been preoccupied with "Control."

Catphish

I'll test out Microsoft Flight Simulator on my rig to see if I experience similar performance as you despite having an older CPU. I have the game, but I haven't launched it since I got my 3080; I've been preoccupied with "Control."
Control is on my list for sure. Just waiting on a sale...

benno

If anyone in the UK is still struggling to get a 3090. Get in the International Nvidia stock discord , I could have purchased a Palit and FE this morning alone.

ixFSAul.jpg

Last edited:

Columbus store? I posted about one that was for sale here last week. I would probably prefer PowerSpec to any other prebuilt for overall value.

Last edited:

Catphish

Columbus store? I posted about one that was for sale here last week.
Westmont, IL.

I've had the SKU page bookmarked, and been F5'ing the shit out of it for a week. Never any in stock. I think it was last Thursday, I woke up early, and just decided to check it. At 6am, there were 2. I took a few minutes to think it over, and refreshed. At 6:05am, there was one left. I had to buy it, because who the hell knows how many other chances I'll get before Christmas.

Catphish

I would probably prefer PowerSpec to any other prebuilt for overall value.
Agreed. Aside from the fact that my last one had the fan mounted on the wrong side of the heatsink, no complaints. Well, maybe that you don't get much headroom in terms of available power from the PSU. If you want to add anything significant, you almost always have to upgrade the PSU.

J3nga

Still cheaper and better than a 21:9 monitor that’s a big upgrade to my current 21:9. 4K, oled, HDR, 120hz, Gsync.
What kind of ultrawide monitor have you got that CX is cheaper? UW VA monitors are can be quite cheap these days.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

What kind of ultrawide monitor have you got that CX is cheaper? UW VA monitors are can be quite cheap these days.
I already have a UW VA at 1440p, 100hz. This LG UW monitor is probably the only worthwhile upgrade from mine. Might as well grab the LG CX.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
Got an availability push notification on Amazon, and in the time it took me to open the Amazon app the card was out of stock again. I don't really need it because I can game on my consoles or my laptop, but this monkey business is kind of getting on my nerves now.

J3nga

I already have a UW VA at 1440p, 100hz. This LG UW monitor is probably the only worthwhile upgrade from mine. Might as well grab the LG CX.
That LG UW not worth asking price, two grand for an IPS panel? Are you kidding me LG? You can get 65 inch CX for that price which will have IQ light years ahead of that UW IPS panel. I also have UW VA 1440p 100hz(ASUS XG35VQ), I also have LG C9. I love 21:9 format, but I do not game on it anymore after I've got C9, it's just once you experience OLED it's hard to go back to anything else really. 21:9 OLED monitors can't come soon enough.

Bboy AJ

That LG UW not worth asking price, two grand for an IPS panel? Are you kidding me LG? You can get 65 inch CX for that price which will have IQ light years ahead of that UW IPS panel. I also have UW VA 1440p 100hz(ASUS XG35VQ), I also have LG C9. I love 21:9 format, but I do not game on it anymore after I've got C9, it's just once you experience OLED it's hard to go back to anything else really. 21:9 OLED monitors can't come soon enough.
Exactly! Those monitors are ridiculously overpriced in comparison to TVs. That’s why I figured I would grab the LG CX 48 and stretch my 3080 as much as I can. Even if I get “black bars” running a 21:9 resolution, I am still better off. Glad you also see my position and sucks we don’t have more price and feature competitive monitors. 30xx is here. Gaming monitors need to step it up.

J3nga

Exactly! Those monitors are ridiculously overpriced in comparison to TVs. That’s why I figured I would grab the LG CX 48 and stretch my 3080 as much as I can. Even if I get “black bars” running a 21:9 resolution, I am still better off. Glad you also see my position and sucks we don’t have more price and feature competitive monitors. 30xx is here. Gaming monitors need to step it up.
I feel like monitors have been stuck in terms of technological development, they increase refresh rates, but how much more of that do we need? All I see same old LCD IPS/VA panels, I guess that's a general stagnation of panels technologies until microLED's become mainstream or atleast miniLED's. But something like 21:9 OLED is doable right now, I think some chinese company is going to release 21:9 oled in 2022 or 2023, there certainly is a demand for such panel, not high, but there is and I think those would pay the premium.

How is the g-sync on the LGs? I've been thinking off and on about getting one, especially with CP2077 coming up.

J3nga

How is the g-sync on the LGs? I've been thinking off and on about getting one, especially with CP2077 coming up.
Not working atm on C9, they should roll out firmware update soon(they have on CX). They really should've been prepared for this, only when RTX 3080 came out "oops shit's not working". That kind of attitude for a corporation like this is not acceptable.

Last edited:
Not working atm on C9, they should roll out firmware update soon(they have on CX). They really should've been prepared for this, only when RTX 3080 came out "oops shit's not working". That kind of attitude for a corporation like this is not acceptable.

Just with 30xx's? Either way, that sucks.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I didn't have 20xx series GPU, but I think it worked just at lower refresh rates or 1440p, 30xx series come with HDMI 2.1 which should've allowed 4K 120hz g-sync, but it's unusable as the panel starts flickering.
There's kind of a fix for it by capping fps below to 110 or something to stop the flickering.

Top Bottom