• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

waylo

Banned
How about you take your card and shove it up your ass?

Do whatever the fuck you want with it, but just shut the fuck up already. Dozens of posts about you getting the card, pictures, now talking about selling it. We don't give a fuck. Congrats, you got a card many of us want and now you're going to be a scumbag and sell it for double. You do you. Just stop telling us about it because nobody gives a fuck either way.

Malakhov

Banned
How about you take your card and shove it up your ass?

Do whatever the fuck you want with it, but just shut the fuck up already. Dozens of posts about you getting the card, pictures, now talking about selling it. We don't give a fuck. Congrats, you got a card many of us want and now you're going to be a scumbag and sell it for double. You do you. Just stop telling us about it because nobody gives a fuck either way.
Seriously, if he wanted to sell it, it would of taken a whole 5 mins to post it on Facebook market and get a buyer. Now the talks about a 3090 when he runs an old cpu is just something 😂

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Seriously, if he wanted to sell it, it would of taken a whole 5 mins to post it on Facebook market and get a buyer. Now the talks about a 3090 when he runs an old cpu is just something 😂
That's the part that is hilarious. He is pretty much wasting all the extra framerates he would get by running it on a Intel 5000 CPU.

J3nga

This guy is asking bunch of noob questions, will my CPU.... Will my ram... Seriously, if you don't know much about PC's, why'd you need an RTX 3090? Sell your 3080, get a console and you'll ne on a positive side of finances. Leave those cards for those that really need them. You either stupid or troll for coming to the topic where bunch of folks trying to get some RTX 3080's and start bragging in their faces how you're going to scalp the card and then complain about the negative reaction, I mean have you tried looking at the situation from a different perspective? You have to be insane to expect anything other than ultra negative reaction. And save your wishes for not getting 3080 cuz I already got one. People are rude to you because you've deserved it.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This guy is asking bunch of noob questions, will my CPU.... Will my ram... Seriously, if you don't know much about PC's, why'd you need an RTX 3090? Sell your 3080, get a console and you'll ne on a positive side of finances. Leave those cards for those that really need them. You either stupid or troll for coming to the topic where bunch of folks trying to get some RTX 3080's and bragging how you're going to scalp the card and then complain about the negative reaction, I mean have you tried to looking at the situation from a different perspective? You have to be insane to expect anything other than ultra negative reaction. And save your wishes for not getting 3080 cuz I already got one. People are rude to you because you've deserved it.
And then gets upset when pretty much everyone is telling him how beyond dumb it is to run a 3090 on an underpowered CPU for that specific card.

Patrick S.

Banned
The guy's a fucking asshole. Can I sell it for 1600? Hey I was only kidding. I can do what I want with my luxury purchase. Do you think I will get shot if I try selling it on Facebook for 1600? Hey I'm just speaking theoretically.

Stop your stupid blogging, trolling, seeking advice for scalping, and your dishonest backpedalling, just to ask for advice on scalping again five minutes later.

On my ignore list with you for eternity, wannabe scalper asshat.

Thanks for the tip+ about "48gbps" now I have a term to search for, I live in Finland so those places won't deliver to me. I need a 7m cable, what about those on aliexpress? Actually I can't seem to find a cable longer than 3m.

Sorry to harp on about these cables, at least I'm not trying to scalp my card :)
Would these do the trick? I can't find any length over 5m so I have to do some re-arranging.

A note re HDMI 2.1 length: This Zeskit is my first 2.1 cable. It's very thick and coiled up like a damned slinky. I mean to get it to anywhere close to it's advertised length it would have to be pulling pretty hard on the ports on either end. It looks like the hose on an air pump at the gas station. Maybe I can work it out by laying some weights or books or something on it. I don't know.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that you might need to check to be certain that whatever cable you are buying is functionally the length that it is advertised as being.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The guy's a fucking asshole. Can I sell it for 1600? Hey I was only kidding. I can do what I want with my luxury purchase. Do you think I will get shot if I try selling it on Facebook for 1600? Hey I'm just speaking theoretically.

Stop your stupid blogging, trolling, seeking advice for scalping, and your dishonest backpedalling, just to ask for advice on scalping again five minutes later.

giphy.gif

J3nga

Exactly, I think he is either a troll or legitimately retarded.

A note re HDMI 2.1 length: This Zeskit is my first 2.1 cable. It's very thick and coiled up like a damned slinky. I mean to get it to anywhere close to it's advertised length it would have to be pulling pretty hard on the ports on either end. It looks like the hose on an air pump at the gas station. Maybe I can work it out by laying some weights or books or something on it. I don't know.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that you might need to check to be certain that whatever cable you are buying is functionally the length that it is advertised as being.

Thanks for the tip, I was always on the "all cables are the same" bus, evidently this is not the case. Anyway I ordered 2 5M cables from Germany and I'll have to move a few things around. I really want to play Cyberpunk on the LG CX.

Last edited:
J3nga J3nga Patrick S. Patrick S. waylo waylo

Hey, I think ya'll are being a bit harsh. He's excited he's got his cards and might be being a bit braggadocios, but he's been here since the beginning of the thread like most of us here and he actually got his hands on one. He's excited and being completely harmless.

I don't have a card either, and sure I'm a bit jealous and annoyed by the whole situation, but no need to take the shit out on BluRayHiDef BluRayHiDef

J3nga

Hey, I think ya'll are being a bit harsh. He's excited he's got his cards and might be being a bit braggadocios, but he's been here since the beginning of the thread like most of us here and he actually got his hands on one. He's excited and being completely harmless.

I don't have a card either, and sure I'm a bit jealous and annoyed by the whole situation, but no need to take the shit out on BluRayHiDef BluRayHiDef
Don't defend him, it's like standing in front of homeless and hungry person with a juicy burger and offering to buy it at double the price of what he's paid.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

giphy-downsized.gif

Patrick S.

Banned

I'm not losing sleep over a graphics card. I'm not lashing out because I still don't have mine. But saying this guy is just excited and being completely harmless? Well yeah, he's not mugging anyone with a knife, but he's shown his true, ugly scalper face, and he's been called out for it. I'm done wasting my time reading his bullshit.

Last edited:

Eliciel

Will my 9 year old Seasonic X660 (SS 660-KM, 660 Watt) be working with it when bundled with

Ryzen 3600
16GB RAM (3200mhz)
3SSDs (total 3TB)
6 Fans (3*140, 3*120)
CPU Cooler (<Corsair Pure Rock)

What so you think?

regawdless

Banned
Wow did he got scorched by you guys. I think it's over-excitement paired with a lack of situational awareness.
Let's blame Nvidia for bringing out the worse in us, hehe. Serious though, I hope that the situation gets better in the near future. We are passionate about these cards and that should be something positive. Sucks that the situation is like it is.

Ulysses 31

Will my 9 year old Seasonic X660 (SS 660-KM, 660 Watt) be working with it when bundled with

Ryzen 3600
16GB RAM (3200mhz)
3SSDs (total 3TB)
6 Fans (3*140, 3*120)

What so you think?
You don't expect to join the PC Master Race with that, do you?

/s

Last edited:

J3nga

Ryzen 3600
16GB RAM (3200mhz)
3SSDs (total 3TB)
6 Fans (3*140, 3*120)

What so you think?
Seasonic are really good PSU's with some models having 12 years of warranty, but 9 is a lot for any PSU, I wouldn't cheap out on PSU, not when you're pairing it with a new expensive GPU. Get yourself another Seasonic 850W PSU.

Last edited:

Eliciel

Seasonic are really good PSU's with some models having 12 years of warranty, but 9 is a lot for any PSU, I wouldn't cheap out on PSU, not when you're pairing it with new expensive GPU. Get yourself another Seasonic 850W PSU.
Any recommendations? There are quite a Lot of PSU to choose from these days :/. I am willing to pay 120-180€

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Any recommendations? There are quite a Lot of PSU to choose from these days :/. I am willing to pay 120-180€
HE just told you an 850W Seasonic.

Other brands like EVGA are outstanding.

Get at least a Gold. Yes, it is necessary. A PSU is a very important part of the PC.

Eliciel

HE just told you an 850W Seasonic.

Other brands like EVGA are outstanding.

Get at least a Gold. Yes, it is necessary. A PSU is a very important part of the PC.

I meant which to choose from within the Brand, there is actually more than one, but okay Gold Plus... will do.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Already a bottleneck with his cpu at 4k

Now I'd like the numbers with a 3090, it's a joke really to get this with his build
Your link is not proof; it's synthetic "evidence." I have real-world evidence.

Below are two videos of "Control" running on PCs at 4K with maximum settings via DLSS Quality Mode (1440p). The PC in the first video includes an i9-9900K and an RTX 3080, and the PC in the second video is my PC; the frame rate is in the 50s most of the time in both videos, even dropping to the very high 40s in both. The only difference is that in the first video, the player ventures through areas that are mostly very dark and lacking detail, which makes them easy to render and results in frame rates at or a little above 60 frames per second. However, in brightly lit environments, the frame rates are similar in both videos.

Control running on i9-9900K and RTX 3080:

Control running on i7-5820K and RTX 3080:

Malakhov

Banned
Your link is not proof; it's synthetic "evidence." I have real-world evidence.

Below are two videos of "Control" running on PCs at 4K with maximum settings via DLSS Quality Mode (1440p). The PC in the first video includes an i9-9900K and an RTX 3080, and the PC in the second video is my PC; the frame rate is in the 50s most of the time in both videos, even dropping to the very high 40s in both. The only difference is that in the first video, the player ventures through areas that are mostly very dark and lacking detail, which makes them easy to render and results in frame rates at or a little above 60 frames per second. However, in brightly lit environments, the frame rates are similar in both videos.

Control running on i9-9900K and RTX 3080:

Control running on i7-5820K and RTX 3080:

And your real world evidence asking questions why you get stutters. Shut the fuck up and get a clue, either use that useless 3090 upgrade money and update your cpu, ram etc.. or get lost. Others are right, you're either a troll or a dumb cunt at this point. Pick the one that fits the bill and move on, you're being annoying now

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
And your real world evidence asking questions why you get stutters. Shut the fuck up and get a clue, either use that useless 3090 upgrade money and update your cpu, ram etc.. or get lost. Others are right, you're either a troll or a dumb cunt at this point. Pick the one that fits the bill and move on, you're being annoying now

What stutters? The game runs smoothly. Also, you and others in this thread need to learn how to speak to others respectfully; we may not disagree, but that doesn't mean that you have to says things like, "shut the f*$k up." I don't ever speak to people that way, so don't speak to me that way.

I'm not going to bother with you and the others like you in this thread anymore; you're not worth my time or anyone's time. You're trash.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
What stutters? The game runs smoothly. Also, you and others in this thread need to learn how to speak to others respectfully; we may not disagree, but that doesn't mean that you have to says things like, "shut the f*$k up." I don't ever speak to people that way, so don't speak to me that way.

I'm not going to bother with you and the others like you in this thread anymore; you're not worth my time or anyone's time. You're trash.
My rig can't maintain 60 frames per second when running "Control" at 4K via DLSS Quality mode (1440p) with all settings maxed out. Is my CPU bottlenecking my RTX 3080?
Seriously, get lost.

Yea, I actually came across an article the other day that indicated that an i9-10900K would provide only an ~8% increase relative to an I7-4770k in performance when running games at 4K with Ultra settings.
Cant bother to upgrade his cpu because of an ~8% increase but will waste money in getting a 3090 with that cpu for 2-15% more fps in games.

cant-tell-if-youre-a-troll-or-just-a-dumbass

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
My current specs are as follows:

1. i7-5820K
2. Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard
3. 8 x 4GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
4. EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming graphics card
5. Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA SSD (Windows 10)
6. Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0 2TB SSD (Games from Steam and EA Origins)
7. Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD (video-editing files)
8. Western Digital Blue 6TB and 4TB HDD (Blu-ray rips, RAW photos, and video-editing files)
9. Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG
10. TCL 55R635 (55" 4K TV; 120Hz @ 1440p and 60Hz @ 4K)

How much of an improvement in gaming performance and video-editing would I experience if I were to replace the CPU, motherboard, and RAM with the following components?

1. Ryzen 9 5950X

2. Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula ATX Motherboard

3. G.Skill G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB (2 x 32GB)

---------------

Would I be better off in the short term just overclocking my CPU and buying only the faster RAM?
Yes you will get a very substantial improvement with 5950X
Far beyond an overclocked 5820K can do, which i assume will hit around 4.5Ghz.

I went from 4.5G 5960X to 3950X, and even old PC titles got 25% uplift in minimum fps. :messenger_open_mouth:
I suspect a 5950X will give you an all round 100% gaming uplift, over your stock 5820K.

Video editing? Shit will fly on 5950X.
You would get a nice improvement and one that I highly recommend.
But just keep on trolling in this thread 👍🤞🤜

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

GHG

This thread is sensational.

tenor.gif

But just keep on trolling in this thread 👍🤞🤜

I told him months ago that he should just upgrade his CPU/RAM/Motherboard but came back with wanting to wait for DDR5 RAM or something. Don't ask me why... it's not going to make any difference in gaming, especially with DirectStorage on the horizon.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Seriously, get lost.

Cant bother to upgrade his cpu because of an ~8% increase but will waste money in getting a 3090 with that cpu for 2-15% more fps in games.

You're the dumbass, not me. I asked whether or not my CPU was bottlenecking my RTX 3080 in "Control" because I thought that an RTX 3080 should be able to easily maintain 60 frames per second when running the game at 4K with maximum settings. However, I was wrong because as demonstrated in a video that I posted previously, even an i9-900K can't get an RTX 3080 to maintain 60 frames per second in that game with the same settings. Hence, my experience is normal/ typical. Having said that, by simply lowering ray-tracing from "High" to "Medium," the frame rate skyrockets to 70-90 frames per second; the issue is that ray tracing is very demanding, even for an RTX 3080.

As for the ~8% lower performance at 4K of an i7-4770K vs an i9-10900K, the difference would be smaller for an i7-5820K since it's faster than an i7-4770K, which would make the difference neglible.

Finally, I'm experiencing over a 100% increase in performance with my RTX 3080 relative to my GTX 1080Ti, so it was worth the investment.

You're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Check out the chart below that represents the performance of the RTX 3080 relative to other cards when running "Control" at 4K (and other resolutions). Note that the average frame rate is 54 frames per second, which is consistent with the performance that I experience, indicating that the performance that I experience is typical for an RTX 3080 (hence, my CPU isn't bottlenecking the card).

Also, note that the RTX 3080 is over 100% faster than the GTX 1080Ti when running the game at 4K with maximum settings, which is the same performance difference that I've personally experienced relative to my 1080Ti. Hence, the upgrade has been worthwhile for me.

11163236369l.jpg

Source

Last edited:

GHG

You're the dumbass, not me. I asked whether or not my CPU was bottlenecking my RTX 3080 in "Control" because I thought that an RTX 3080 should be able to easily maintain 60 frames per second when running the game at 4K with maximum settings. However, I was wrong because as demonstrated in a video that I posted previously, even an i9-900K can't get an RTX 3080 to maintain 60 frames per second in that game with the same settings. Hence, my experience is normal/ typical. Having said that, by simply lowering ray-tracing from "High" to "Medium," the frame rate skyrockets to 70-90 frames per second; the issue is that ray tracing is very demanding, even for an RTX 3080.

As for the ~8% lower performance at 4K of an i7-4770K vs an i9-10900K, the difference would be smaller for an i7-5820K since it's faster than an i7-4770K, which would make the difference neglible.

Finally, I'm experiencing a 50% increase in performance with my RTX 3080 relative to my GTX 1080Ti, so it was worth the investment.

Check out the chart below that represents the performance of the RTX 3080 relative to other cards when running "Control" at 4K (and other resolutions). Note that the average frame rate is 54 frames per second, which is consistent with the performance that I experience, indicating that the performance that I experience is typical for an RTX 3080 (hence, my CPU isn't bottlenecking the card).

Also, note that the RTX 3080 is over 100% faster than the GTX 1080Ti when running the game at 4K with maximum settings, which is the same performance difference that I've personally experienced relative to my 1080Ti. Hence, the upgrade has been worthwhile for me.

11163236369l.jpg

Source

Average framerates don't tell the whole story. You would get a smoother experience if you upgraded your CPU. You especially need to look at the 1% lows.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Average framerates don't tell the whole story. You would get a smoother experience if you upgraded your CPU. You especially need to look at the 1% lows.
My 1% lows are similar to what's shown in that chart: values in the 40s, though mine are in the high 40s rather than the low 40s. See for yourself:

Malakhov

Banned

Finally, I'm experiencing over a 100% increase in performance with my RTX 3080 relative to my GTX 1080Ti, so it was worth the investment.

11163236369l.jpg

Source
Look what I just quoted from you and people answering you in the pc builders thread. On Thursday you were asking for an upgrade and people told you it was much worth it and had a better experience doing so. Then you come in here saying you want to scalp a 3080 to get a 3090 while still ignoring what everyone tells your about your configuration while asking for upgrades in others threads

You're just a fucking clueless troll at this point. I'm done with you, you're a waste of time

BluRayHiDef

Banned
You guys should keep in mind that the chart that I posted above represents the performance of an RTX 3080 that's paired with a Ryzen 3950X. Hence, I'm getting similar performance to a Ryzen 3950X at 4K with max settings despite using an i7-5820K, which indicates - as I've said many times before - that gaming at 4K is bound by GPUs rather than CPUs, which makes CPU upgrades for 4K-gaming less important than GPU upgrades.

As for stuttering, I don't experience stuttering; I never said that I do. What I said is that I experience drops in frame rate in "Control," meaning that the frame rate fluctuates from the 50s to the 60s; however, as indicated by the sources that I've provided, this is normal for an RTX 3080 under the setting that I was using.

Hence, I don't need to upgrade for gaming just yet.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Look what I just quoted from you and people answering you in the pc builders thread. On Thursday you were asking for an upgrade and people told you it was much worth it and had a better experience doing so. Then you come in here saying you want to scalp a 3080 to get a 3090 while still ignoring what everyone tells your about your configuration while asking for upgrades in others threads

You're just a fucking clueless troll at this point. I'm done with you, you're a waste of time

I literally just posted a chart representing the performance of an RTX 3080 paired with a Ryzen 3950X running "Control" and indicating that said performance is similar to the performance that I experience, thereby proving that my i7-5820K is not bottlenecking my RTX 3080. However, you're still going on about what users of this forum have told me, as if they're experts. Unbelievable.

I'm seriously done with you. I won't respond any further. You don't know what you're talking about.

Malakhov

Banned
I literally just posted a chart representing the performance of an RTX 3080 paired with a Ryzen 3950X running "Control" and indicating that said performance is similar to the performance that I experience, thereby proving that my i7-5820K is not bottlenecking my RTX 3080. However, you're still going on about what users of this forum have told me, as if they're experts. Unbelievable.

I'm seriously done with you. I won't respond any further. You don't know what you're talking about.
Yes you will get a very substantial improvement with 5950X
Far beyond an overclocked 5820K can do, which i assume will hit around 4.5Ghz.

I went from 4.5G 5960X to 3950X, and even old PC titles got 25% uplift in minimum fps. :messenger_open_mouth:
I suspect a 5950X will give you an all round 100% gaming uplift, over your stock 5820K.

Video editing? Shit will fly on 5950X.

Yeah so synthetic information proving it'll bottleneck is shite but your graphs or experience in not being able to get a steady 60fps in control is bullshit?

Yeah just ignore a user who experienced the upgrade for your 'shite' synthetic graphs. Might as well waste their time in asking for upgrade help as well while you're at it

You're a fucking joke, can't even come up with your own replies, I told you I was done with you and you come back at me with this fucking joke of a post and end it with I'm done with you as well, just like a 5 years old would do.

So he's not a troll guys, just a dumbass 🤷

Last edited:

waylo

Banned

This is the dude who sat and said over and over that 10GB of VRAM isnt enough and that's why he wouldnt get a 3080. 3090 only for Mr. Hotshot.

Now he bought a 3080, had to make sure he let everyone know about it by posting pictures, and is now contemplating selling it for twice the price.

Nah. Fuck 'em.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Here's a video of "Control" running at 4K via DLSS Quality Mode with maximum settings on an i7-9700K @ 5GHz, 32GB of DDR4 @ 3600MHz, and an RTX 3080.

Notice that despite the much faster CPU and RAM, the performance is the same as my system's, which proves that this type of performance (i.e. average frame rate in the 50s with lows in the 40s [a little after 2:10] and highs in easiy renderable areas in the 60s) is the very best that an RTX 3080 can do even with more modern CPUs.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
This bum is really asking people to follow him on twitter in his youtube vid lmao. He's an opportunistic troll looking for attention.
Wow, now you're calling me a "bum"? Why do you have so much contempt for me? It's not as if I'm being malicious; you may not agree with me, but you don't have to hate me.

Top Bottom