• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palutena for Smash... Kinda.

That wasn't really a case of whether or not she'd be in the game, it was the case of whether the models we saw in the images were real or not...and well, they weren't.

PalutenaHoaxModels.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
He probably does. I even know some people at NoA, I just never ask them these kinds of questions cause I don't want to risk someone getting fired.

You're useless, damn it!

Naah, it's good you think about their security.

Still, you're useless

Diffense

So if we're almost at 200 pages for a fake what's going to happen when NX is actually revealed? I don't know of GAF will survive.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Oh man the NX reveal is going to be even more amazing now. Can't wait!

Part of me wishes Nintendo would (partially) reveal on April 1st instead of most likely later in the month during that investor meeting thingy. Just to get the internet arguing about whether it's real or an April Fools prank.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Who would have thought that a Nintendo hardware leak ended up being false

Hmm. Did that video really prove anything? How do we know this is not a ninja at work? Just like how Trev is "busy" these days. I said from the start that I enjoy a good hoax, but something seems off here.

Hmm. Did that video really prove anything? How do we know this is not a ninja at work? Just like how Trev is "busy" these days. I said from the start that I enjoy a good hoax, but something seems off here.

ninja account hijack? nah. I wish I never got off the fence but I might as well stay on team real for now, first Wii U design leak was brought to us via a cgi mockup, so...

AniHawk

outside of the ergonomics, the thing seemed pretty intriguing, like what the wii u gamepad should have been from the start.

Banned
It was a controlled leak by Nintendo to see the reception the real controller would get. It was negatively received so they're going to add buttons and a dpad to the screen for final launch.

whipihguh

Banned
#TEAMFAKE wins again! WOOO!

This thread was a hell of a blast, though. I can only imagine what the reactions will be when the actual controller is revealed, haha

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, here goes. Due to our three letter friend, there appears to have been some slight miscommunication (misinterpretation on my part). I believe we all should be able to sleep soundly in our beds tonight and instead of reveling in the absurdity of these recent events instead look forward to E3 and Nintendo's FY 15 Financial Results (Briefing) on April 27/28. I am glad that the true nature of these images have been brought forth, albeit a bit sad that they were created in the first place. Sorry for my initial comments, but I like to underline that I have not confirmed nor denied the validity of anything, or at least I have had no intention to do so.

Florist

Neo Member
Imagine if Nintendo filed those patents then just knocked this together, all for the laugh....

My head was spinning from this thread all day haha. At one point today I thought Nintendo had leaked a prototype similar in nature to what will be the controller to gauge reactions.

Then I took my tinfoil hat back off and dove back into the thread!

Vena

just fyi this person who is completely unvetted and has given no information claims the console has ddr5 ram which does not exist

Nintendo redefining the computer space as they are known to do, now with the introduction of DDR5. No wonder the PS4 and X1 need upgrades, the NX is coming in to play with technology that does not even yet exist!

Simbabbad

Seriously now, that explains why the perspective of that UE4's demo was strange in the first controller: it was really cropped up and pasted :lol
Indeed. This and the absurdity of Nintendo betting on a touchscreen without buttons, even more so after the Wii U, made me think it was a fake. I just can't imagine Nintendo ever releasing a controller without buttons. This is so against everything they are.

And the part where the arrogant people of #TeamReal hide and/or act like they weren't strong believers.
Indeed, too. What astonishes me is some people actually backed up that design and even argued buttons where archaic. WTF?!

Also this sounds big class bullshit. From the sketch to the 8GB DDR5.
What's funny is this one is actually much more plausible than what you believed in, to the point of saying doubters were in "denial"...

Kouriozan

Rösti;199153884 said:
Alright, here goes. Due to our three letter friend, there appears to have been some slight miscommunication (misinterpretation on my part). I believe we all should be able to sleep soundly in our beds tonight and instead of reveling in the absurdity of these recent events instead look forward to E3 and Nintendo's FY 15 Financial Results (Briefing) on April 27/28. I am glad that the true nature of these images have been brought forth, albeit a bit sad that they were created in the first place. Sorry for my initial comments, but I like to underline that I have not confirmed nor denied the validity of anything, or at least I have had no intention to do so.
Thanks for reporting.

-Horizon-

It was a controlled leak by Nintendo to see the reception the real controller would get. It was negatively received so they're going to add buttons and a dpad to the screen for final launch.

All buttons still have wet glue when taken out of the box lol

FZZ

Banned
just fyi this person who is completely unvetted and has given no information claims the console has ddr5 ram which does not exist

Stump what are your thoughts on what the controller actually is?

Multiple people were saying they weren't surprised if that was the controller and that it matches up with what they've heard. This seems too fishy imo.

Banned
It exists.....in 2019.

Also, Trev going silent and taking down his leak videos was for sure a cease and desist from Nintendo. Curious as to why he took down the "FFXV coming to NX and will be definitive version due to best performance" and "FFVIIR coming to NX" video though since that was a rumor from a source and not fact. Why would Nintendo even bother with that video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom