• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

I'm not really happy about no buttons, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. Especially if the system supports a classic controller, making the "NX" controller optional.

On the positive side, I like the idea of an ultra-widescreen format screen.

Gonna spitball for a little bit:

- I'm 99% sure NX will play Wii U games. I think most are in agreement with this.

- The Wii U controllers (standard and Pro) will be compatible with the NX. In fact, they may even be the standard controllers for the NX. Just with different branding (ie 'Wii U' logo changes to 'NX' logo).

- This new controller (this thread) is actually the next portable. And this controller will be able to stream its games to the NX for TV-play.

- I'm a little shaky on this one, but I think the NX will come in two packages:
1) For the new owners: console, new controller/handheld, classic/WiiU controller
2) For the Wii U owners: Wii U add-on and new controller/handheld.​

Book it.

There are not enough Wii U owners to logistically do what you're recommending.

RowdyReverb

What kind of hands do the engineers at Nintendo have if this is the shape they came up with? Looks like something someone from the 50s would design to look futuristic. The idea is kind of neat but I have never liked virtual buttons not once and the shape of the thing looks just straight up strange. From unwieldy Gamepad to this shape is not quite what I was expecting. Like many have said it needs some sort of grips or handles.
I think this would be interesting as a handheld but I can't wrap my head around why this would be ideal over a normal controller as a console controller.

The theory going around is that this oval screen plugs into a traditional controller base

reson8or

You know what else is in Blade Runner, right...

tumblr_ng9t8kZ8y91s8diwoo2_r1_500.gif

Yea! You know what else is in Bladerunner?

blade_runner_atari_product_placement_18.jpg

Caayn

No buttons is a major disappointment if true, I expected Nintendo to do something unconventional again. But to remove buttons is big no-no in my book.

If this is indeed the NX controller, please for the love of god let the buttons be on the backside of the controllers.

I got an idea. Lets try to find out what type of camera/phone was used to take the picture of this "leak". From there we can determine which company produced this camera, hack into there shipping records, and find out which retailers they were supplied to then we can cross reference this with Google Earth scanning for areas with "trees, windows, and brick buildings" that maybe nearby. We should have the location pinpointed in no time. We can do it detective Gaf.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Huh, I guess Wednesdayton delivered this time around. Last time we got owls, this time we got trees.

Omadahl

Banned
I know some people are fine with haptic but it will never replace real buttons for me. There's a reason I don't play games that have haptic buttons on my phone. It's a lie.

No, I think someone would have asked him to remove the tweet regardless of whether it's real because of creating too much speculation.

BUT THERE IS ALREADY SPECULATION!!!!

Sorry

Seriously, now the air is getting toxic for Nintendo and the negativity could harm the console even before it has been revealed properly (see WiiU). So they won't be able to sit on it for weeks, will they?

Protome

I like the idea of it. The analog sticks sound worse than the lack of buttons to me though.

Although they do lend credence to the leak. Analog sticks that don't move makes sense as they wouldn't then cover the screen when pushed.

Mory Dunz

What if the one who retweeted the thread removed it just to fuck with us and is reading this thread by the second.

Well, first.

He is definitely reading this thread by the second. lol

Second, if he tweeted just to mess with us, he might've also gotten himself fired or a lesser punishment depedning on if it's real or not. So it likely wouldn't be worth it. Even if it's fake, that tweet would still be worth a talking-to.

The Treehouse employee removing the tweet doesn't mean it's fake or real. They, like most high profile companies, have a policy on commenting on speculation or rumors.

It was a dumb move on his part to RT it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom