• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

whatever screw the haters
see this is what separates ninfans from the rest of yall. At least we have heart and soul, and are willing to stick with our loyalties to the bitter end. Sure we might disappointed now and then, but in the end nintendo in our eyes has delivered. And thats all that matters. We still have faith in something real, and we aren't quick to sell our souls to the fastest processors or the glitziest gadgets.

I believe

if youre a nintendo fan say it with me now. I believe.

I BELIEVE.

/2005

Not pathetic enough for a new meme, sorry. Close, but no cigar.

L95

I'm actually pretty down with a screen controller, my main issue (aside from the buttons being touch screen, which... I'd hopefully adjust to.... ugh.) is a straight up oval strikes me as uncomfortable to hold? It could be comfy though. I haven't held it, aha.

From the EIC of Game Informer
W7PEAoS.png

FUCK

Brofield

I thought I might have waited to not get this on day 1 after being burned by Wii U.

Compelling software or no, I'm definitely waiting. I only tolerate nubs on my handhelds because they're handhelds. If that controller is the HH unit, that can be understandable. But if that is linked to the home console, hoo boy am I sticking with my Wii U until Smash 5.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
If there are indeed no physical buttons on the controller, I do not see this console gaining any mass appeal. It will likely be another gimmick that Nintendo is going to have a tough time conveying to the general public, just like with the Wii U. With the Wii at least it was simple, intuitive, and if you show it to somebody, they got it immediately.

EDIT: Also, fighting games are going to be fucking impossible with this thing.

Xemnas89

Where's the buttons? Where's the D-Pad? These screens are making it seem much more real but I'm still hoping it's a fake.

morikaze

Banned
I'm sure it's been posted, but this thread is moving fast.

Swedish keyboard layout.

keyboard-153.png

DICE, Ubisoft Massive, Mojang?

Ubi is leak capital, so I'll go for division port to NX.

Great catch!

Could still have handles ala the patent. Time will tell obviously. Seems too small tbh

Has anyone considered the possible (affordable) VR applications of a device the size of this controller...?

-Horizon-

if its a console controller, that seems really uncomfortable to hold for extended time

unless they make grips included or something

bigkurz

Banned
I'm actually pretty happy if this is real. Not because i want it -- it looks like absolute trash.

But it MIGHT mean that Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a launch game for the PS4K/PS4.5

Yukinari

I actually dont hate the gamepad but im really curious how the fuck Zelda NX is gonna play if this is the main controller. How are action games gonna be comfy on this?

As a fan of Ikea furniture, i can say that's it's the legendary ikea black-brown color finish on the table. Black-Brown ikea finish are a drink ring magnet !

In the event it's real, it looks sleek for what it is. Trying to figure out how ergnomics would work is another story, though. But obviously we don't know enough.

In any case, NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

sonto340

If the touch-only technology is improved enough over the current state of mobile gaming to where you can actually do "real" gaming on it, why wouldn't people be OK with it?
Never mind that it's not even touch only. There's two analog sticks.
My problem with touch screen games has never been the buttons it's been the fake shitty dpad/analog that doesn't fucking work.

Welfare

Well, at least it looks nice.

Now I wonder what the handheld looks like if they are using this screen tech.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Nintendo needs to get ahead of this one badly. Talking to random press people at GDC last week, it did seem like Nintendo has some big stuff to show off, but they want to do it on their time frame. Unfortunately, that's no longer possible. Their announcement needs to get moved up. If this is real, then we should know how it works. If it's fake, then the doubt needs to be quelled.

I know that this is not how Nintendo operates, but I would hope for once they would be able to see the writing on the wall and make the more aggressive decision. This is just terrible PR and if I was on the marketing/PR/community teams over there, I'd be trying to turn this into an opportunity to generate buzz rather than trying to ignore it.

If this is real I predict that the NX will sell 10 million maximum worldwide. Doesn't seem like they learned anything from the Wii U.

If Nintendo has another failure, are they just done with consoles?

Manoko

Can't say I'm not worried about this...
I'll hold my judgement until Nintendo explains it to us, but the lack of physical buttons is really sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom