• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX fan concept art thread

Peterc

That also looks very similar to a Wii U gamepad, which might not help.

equal to vita, so i wouldn't say that.

Compare it with picture, it isn't that identical to the gamepad.
srKhO3I.png

psvita-slim-wi-fi-model-light-pink-white-new-en.jpg

885x.jpg

2016NEW-font-b-SNES-b-font-game-font-b-snes-b-font-font-b-controller-b.jpg

Still wonder why MS copied the same colors from the snes controller?
But i hoped they used those colors again. Last time it was with n64 controller? Maybe so they can use white/black or other colors as controllers?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
According to the Sherlock tipster, this is "surprisingly close" to what it really looks like.

I would be really ok with that! No detachable control halves or other uncomfortable and pointless gimmicks is what i want.

Peterc

I would be really ok with that! No detachable control halves or other uncomfortable and pointless gimmicks is what i want.

you now it's detachable , so that isn't the case.

detachable isn't uncomfortable. If you don't like just never detach it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
you now it's detachable , so that isn't the case.

detachable isn't uncomfortable. If you don't like just never detach it.

Detachable IS uncomfortable no matter if attached or not, if the halves are meant to be used horizontally when not attached, no controller can be:
-used vertically when attached
-usable horizontally when detached
-having enough buttons

without being uncomfortable at least with one configuration, just imagine for a second to design it or to use it and you will realize it can't be always comfortable.

Peterc

Detachable IS uncomfortable no matter if attached or not, if the halves are meant to be used horizontally when not attached, no controller can be:
-used vertically when attached
-usable horizontally when detached
-having enough buttons

without being uncomfortable at least with one configuration, just imagine for a second to design it or to use it and you will realize it can't be always comfortable.

I agree with you about the detachable parts, not when it's attached.
But Mockups are mostly bad.

Let's take this one:

It just looks the same as any other handheld device, so attached or not, it doesn't matter.

It matter when it's detached, but let's say you have another part you can connect to it:

You have allot of more options what you can do with it. But this will be only one controller (this mockup isn't also that great).

IF the controller is more like a wiimote, i'm going to dislike it when it's detached.
But they will have another controller beside it that would look like a wiiu pro controller.

It will only be used to play with friends for those that care.

javadoze

Whatever it is, I'm still hoping for some kinda small pedometer/sensor peripheral that does Streetpass. The idea is too cool to abandon after only the 3DS.

BrunoM

Morning Gaf ... came on trying to see what all this Nintendo duo talk on my inbox was all about but Gaf is shhhh shhhh on it lol ...

In any case the mock up couple posts up is really nice looking guess we all have to wait and see

DavidDesu

I hope that if this thing is a portable, it uses a standard charging port, like micro USB or USB-C.

Nintendo have many lessons to learn, like this, and as someone else said above an easily accessible SD port that doesn't require a screwdriver. Hopefully they'll learn and make something practical and user friendly.

This secret presentation I'm watching in Kyoto in fascinating. Just announced Double Down Quality of Life Features. Not sure I'm supposed to take pictures but you guys deserve to see this...

lZ3bRIS.jpg

There is zero chance the NX looks like the Wii U gamepad. It would break their own rule of not differentiating from a previous product. They want to leave the Wii brand behind. You don't follow the Wii U with a Wii U gamepad only device. Get real.

Every single controller for each system has been different from the NES controller to the Wii U gamepad.

Brofield

OK, since there are some more serious concepts, I'm posting mine here too.

Next.jpg

That is beautiful and all I want. Clean up the form factor and I'll take two. Gamecube bean button layout 4 lyfe.

What's with this Nintendo Duo/Double Down? Are we so deep in the hole that we've confirmed shitposting as the real thing?
I don't use Reddit

NX stands for No eXplanation. It is a social experiment done by Nintendo, with the partnership of Google. We have been playing it this whole time, and this thread is the concept art.

doit.gif

When I see this gif I think of Riggs as Nintendo fans and Murtaugh as Nintendo. Either that or Murtaugh are the Neogaf mods.

I don't have Photoshop skills, but maybe someone could take the idea and run with it or do a better one.

Intel Atom CPU in a handheld with a Thunderbolt 3.0 dock that contains a GTX 1050 or 1060. Boom, powerful handheld,PS4/Xbone one console quality and similar architecture for easy cross platform development. Also, some of these mock ups are great. The real thing probably won't be as good as some of these.

If I found the correct Sherlock he/she also say, NO removable/detachable controllers, and DMP for GPU, no AMD or NVIDIA involved.

Hmm...

The DMP M3400 GPU rumor?

Edit:

So listing what I want to believe in
(can just say what I like or I'm ok with)
:
- price is 299$ / 399$ with dock
- carts
- DMP GPU
- no detachable controller
- detachable "screen" (can be used for mobile gaming, VR with accessory àla Samsung Gear VR, in a way means it could be attached to something else with other inputs or controls... arcade? demo stations? belt or armband for WiiFiit NX?)

Play:
- in dock mode for TV gaming: double the power, compatible architecture with handheld, use the "detachable computing device" Nintendo patent, using the NX as a controller (maybe with the "screen" being attached to dock so only the controls part of NX handheld is used as a controller) or any other Nintendo compatible controller (starting with classical controller).
- handheld mode with "screen" in NX: play the same games with reduced resolution, effects and maybe some modes lacking (mostly for power reasons I guess) but some added (because more convenient or only relevant while handheld mode)
- "screen" only mode: screen of this "thing" is tactile obviously and let you plays Nintendo Mobile games (see what they're pushing on Mobile but also Mii Plaza like games), Android mobile games being playable too could be huge

Oh and since I like the "This is NX" artwork look, you can add it to my list :p

bomblord1

Banned
Had a dream bout the NX it was very vivid. I seen the system in great detail.

In the dream I was in my local gamestop and they accidentally got an early NX shipment.

The tablet of the device looked exactly like the GBA without buttons. It was even the same shade of purple. To insert cartridges the entire top half opened on a hinge and cartridges were placed in the center of the device and then it was closed.

The attachable controls were a v shape with an area in the center that the tablet slotted into perfectly. You held onto the left and right side of the controls think of something like a reversed bicycle handle.

Once booted up it had a modern looking OS and each piece of software was a rectangular strip that went from the top of the screen to the bottom. It used the Smash Bros Brawl menu font.

I've made a mockup
untitledytlqa.png

watershed

Banned
If the NX just looks like the gamepad or vita, I don't think it's gonna be very impressive upon reveal. It should have a distinctive design that makes it stand out.

Top Bottom