• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX will launch in March 2017 globally, won't be at E3 (focusing on Zelda instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo X

If the extra time allows for better launch games and beefier hardware, I'm all for it.

Still have a ton of stuff I've yet to play on Wii U personally.

Xellos

Pretty disappointing, though maybe this means that Polaris and 14nm are more likely? Looking for the silver lining here, heh.

Hope Zelda stays 2016.

You've GOT to be kidding me, almost a year away? Wow, aside from Color Splash and unless Zelda U is a holiday title, either way Nintendo home market is going to be a graveyard for 11 months. Also, so much for Trev's source being reliable.

I hope that doesn't mean zelda U will get delayed to 2017...

But knowing Nintendo, they wouldn't want their NX killer to be available elsewhere months before the launch.

Neoxon

Note that they referred to it as a platform rather than a system. I guess we may be getting our multiple form factors, after all.

A shame that it won't be coming out this year. Maybe a delay occurred since the Trev leak happened. Either way, Nintendo keeping silent until E3 makes much more sense, now.

Anth0ny

this is fucking insane

zelda is probably 2017 too

nintendo is crazy. wii u has NOTHING to last it the rest of the year.

On one hand I'm happy for my wallet. I will only buy PSVR this holydays.

On the other hand I was super hyped about NX launching on holidays.

That's... REALLY bad.

The Wii U is sputtering along on life support, and the 3DS isn't doing that much better. They can't just keep coasting like this.

hughesta

Banned
is it weird or bad that I don't feel anything about this? Like, I should be disappointed but I'm just like "good I'm excited can't wait."

I think Persona 5 has broken me.

I'm assuming this means the NX as a whole - console and handheld in whatever form they arrive - comes in March? I want to think BY March, though, because I don't want to wait. D:

J4g3r

I was really hoping they would push for a release close to the holidays this year.

It'll suffer if it releases close to the PS4K for sure.

ika

Looks like they tried to launch in 2016 but something happened (games not ready, chips not ready, production slower than usual and don't want to launch in just one region this year...)

It's a weird date and sad to see them miss this christmas and the sales. Makes sense what Trev said about Zelda U/NX not launching at the same time.

Hoping to hear more things!

ultrazilla

All aboard for E3!!

tVNzu.jpg

Wonder if Zelda will release on Wii U and NX at that point or if they'll release it on Wii U end of this year and try to get double sales in march.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
lol, we have a date and still do not know what NX is.

Peru

I was certain it would come out in 2016 until Japanese people in the know started saying 2017, so now I'm not so surprised.

Important thing is getting a good e3 out of this since it'll still be the last e3 before release.

Holiday launch is not a big deal. The following holiday season is still there.

whipihguh

Banned
A March release of all things? And with the software lineup they have for Wii U now? Wait, they don't even have Zelda this holiday, either?!

Yeah, good fucking luck, Nintendo. There goes all my hype for this shit.

2 Things I take away from this.

1. There is a very very very very very real chance now that NX is using Polaris. Like that is extremely likely.

and

2. 2016 will likely be the worst year for hardware in the history of Nintendo. Its gonna be really bad

I'mOkayWithThis.jpg

It basically confirms a full unveiling at E3 ala 3DS. Since there's like hardly any other worldwide event to do so in.

I'm only concerned about it missing key 2016 games and also the missed holiday sales.

Curious if the Polaris and whatever rumors are true as a lot said that was not reasonable or even realistic in a 2016 release, well there ya go. :p

I just want the hype train to get rolling with the unveiling, I can wait a few extra months, especially if it's worth it and it could've been a mistake to release it in November as we all thought it would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom