• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX will launch in March 2017 globally, won't be at E3 (focusing on Zelda instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal27

Banned
this is fucking insane

zelda is probably 2017 too

nintendo is crazy. wii u has NOTHING to last it the rest of the year.

I mean wait for E3? They'll have something I bet.

Either way I'm good though because my 3DS is getting ALL the RPGs this year.

Gnilres

giphy.gif

liquidtmd

Banned
Ps4k and XB1.5 coming March 2017 then

As for Zelda if true....I said in a thread a while back they could push it back and the amount of shit I got with "ITS COMING NINTENDO CONFIRMED IT" was amazing

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Please be a good console. Please. Nintendo. If I'm to raise children with Nintendo games I want a decent console to do it on. Don't do another WiiU. Please.

Rich!

I'm gonna be really, really annoyed if Zelda gets delayed to release alongside the NX version.

So insiders misinformed then?

I think people need to be reminded that plans can change and not even promises are always held, not least by Nintendo themselves. I seriously would not bet on a Wii U release of Zelda. For all we know, it could have had a drastic redesign.

Edit: well, that tweet suggests otherwise. HM.

//DEVIL//

i have this feeling it wont make it even march 2017. i mean. the way they put it sounds like " we gonna release a system before our last financial quarter in 2016 " so they piss off the investors and stock holders and run away from them.

come early 2017 and watch nintendo releasing the console few months later to include the system profit in the 2017 year data

chozen

I don't think anyone was wrong about 2016, I just think Nintendo caught wind of the PS4K and Xbox 1.5 and probably need to wait this time around, they usually go first in the new generations.

Maybe it's best they switch it up. So they will delay it, and it will be a lackluster year tbh, this E3 is going to be weak once again from them...

Extremely dumb to not have it out by 2016 holidays but ok

Extremly dumb to release a half baked console like the Wii U (mainly with the launch OS) just to please some people on the internet. ;)
If the could, they would have released that thing earlier, thats for sure. Wonder why they launch it in march...seems odd.

Paper Mario U is the saviour of 2016.

Oh god. I hope they're pulling a fast one on us, and this is handheld NX, with home console still on track for this year.... :-/

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, that is a bad date.

- They miss a holiday season. Rest of 2016 looks bad for Wii U. Unless Zelda makes it out. (Edit: NVM, Zelda in 2017)
- They give Sony the holidays on a silver platter. All eyes on Sony, PS4 and PSVR.
- If Sony wanted to, they can hold back the PS4 Neo and launch directly against the NX for another beatdown. Especially if they are confident in its power.
- If this thing is underpowered, it won't be a good look.

Oh well.

Goddamn. Nintendo and MS just basically gave this generation to Sony on a silver platter.

Ansatz

That's interesting, but makes sense from a software perspective. They were never releasing a new mainline Pokemon gen and home console Zelda and NX flagship title 3D Mario and other launch games like Pikmin 4 in the same holiday period.

It's probably primarily a handheld device with an option to buy a stationary version of it playing the same games in higher resolution.

m4st4

Things I want from NX (launch day):

-Virtual Console so I can play EarthBound (and finish it, finally)
-either Mario Kart 8 from the get-go or Mario Kart 9 'please be excited' announcement
-Metroid (pls)
-Zelda (WiiU->NX, obviously)
-New 3D Mario
-Splatoon

Things I expect from 3rd party: Ubisoft and Activision (WatchDogs 2 and Infinite Warfare)

BOUGHT.

I mean, bought anyway, but still, those are my wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom