• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX will launch in March 2017 globally, won't be at E3 (focusing on Zelda instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guit3457

From the operating results PDF:

"For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally."

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

Also: Zelda is delayed to 2017 and:

"No NX at E3. Will focus on new Zelda"

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj

Update 1 - According to Nikkei : "Features, price, software at launch and other details to be announced by the end of the year"

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLASHD27H11_X20C16A4000000/?dg=1&nf=1

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That makes sense. It seemed to be too quiet so far, even on the rumor front.

Edit:

The not at E3 news is more surprising. I suspect things aren't going exactly to plan if they aren't ready to show by then for a product coming out in 10 months later.

I get that third parties likely wouldn't be ready if they haven't received dev kits until recently (or at all?), but this implies Nintendo isn't ready either.

post-39510-birdman-hand-rub-gif-Imgur-otMs.gif

SalvaPot

HERE IT COMES.

I'll guess they are going to launch both handheld and console at the same time, and also want some time to get the exclusives and ports rolling in constantly.

I wonder if this means the handheld is coming first with the console launching in holiday 2017... I really hope they aren't waiting to replace the Wii U, that shit can't go another year.

Hoo-doo

Banned
A 2017 launch was always extremely likely but anyone even suggesting it got buried with snarky posts from fans in the NX thread.

2016 was never real

Guess they're giving Wii U a chance this holiday season with Zelda.

Edit: Guess not! Wonder what they're planning for Wii U.

Dunno why but I'm kinda hyped..

Anyway, it's kinda funny that NX is still a codename and it already has a release date.
When will they actually announce it? This E3, most probably?

As in it'll be launched in all markets by then, right? Not that it'll be a simultaneous March 2017 launch?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess "launched in March 2017 globally" doesn't leave a lot of room for interpretation.

Well that explains the silence. We still have almost a year to go.

Interesting that they will miss the Holiday rush. But understandable if hardware / software can't be ready by then

GSR

Huh. Assuming the console+handheld hybrid buzz is true, I guess they'd be releasing simultaneously rather than staggered like some rumors had it?

hupla

Wonder what this means for Zelda. Seems like it would be there big November game but if it's also an NX game...

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Put the damn quote OP pls :)
For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.

DJIzana

This... will be an interesting E3 then. Wonder if they'll still plan to focus on Wii U at E3 then?

Nintendo World Championships + whatever remains on Wii U.... Zelda, Paper Mario and #FE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom