• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Pelosi said there's going to be a vote for investigation tomorrow, right?

This needs to be a scarlet letter for any Republican with the sheer fucking balls to vote against it. That list needs to be tattooed on Trump's back in prison and then ticked off every time one of them comes to join him as an accessory or co-conspirator.

HvySky

dl8bp9rbivxy.png

comey sent the calling card lmao

Oh my god

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Oh man, if the DoJ knew and didn't do anything, Sessions (And Rosenstein) are so absolutely, absolutely fucked.

Wouldn't have thought Rosenstein would throw away his career over this, but if the Post is right.....

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
At the moment? Sure. But the Russia investigation is ongoing, and without a doubt the results from it will be bigger than any political scandal in the past 50 years.
If Trump is willing to go this far for Flynn then don't you think he had a role to play in the stuff Flynn did and he's worried about him talking?

mclem

You know, looking at Trump's Tweets, does anyone else find it odd that last one ends with an ellipse? He usually only does that when he has another tweet to follow, but he didn't follow up. I wonder if someone actually snatched the phone from his hand.

I reckon Trump pronounces "..." as "Dun dun DUNNNNNNN"

(This also makes any Final Fantasy so much better)

KingV

This is a really bad timeline for Trump:

1. Meets with Comey, along with Pence and Sessions.
2. Tells Sessions and Pence to leave him alone with Comey.
3. Asks Comey to drop the FBI Investigation against Flynn, without Sessions or Pence in the room.
4. Fires Comey when Comey asks for more resources to continue with the investigation.
5. Threatens Comey not to release any tapes of their conversations.
6. Comey confirms Trump asked him to drop the FBI investigation.

=Obstruction of mutherfucking Justice in a hand basket.

---

NOW, Trump's potential defenses:

1. He said/He said. His words vs. mine. No actual recordings of the conversations.
2. Why did Comey wait until after he was fired to release his Memos? Why not bring this up to the Senate in February right after it happened? Why did he sit on this all this time?

-Ok, GAF - how will this all play out?

Will Republicans actually put Trump under the microscope? Or will they simply try to discredit Comey and bury the whole thing again?

I think they are largely aware that Trump has no credibility and Comey has lots. They also probably understand that Comey can back shit up.

Only a fool would bet on trump after the last two weeks.

It makes sense now.

Sessions/Rosenstein probably got a hold of Comey's memos, as a matter of routine, told Trump how damaging they were and suggested to him that he fire him ASAP.

All three of those pieces of shit should be fired/impeached.

Sessions volunteered to recuse himself from the fucking investigation and he meddled with it anyway.

All three of them Obstructed Justice.

Top Bottom