• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: In Interview, Trump Expresses Anger at Sessions and Comey, and Warns Mueller

UberTag

Oh no, you're totally correct.

I keep thinking he can't be THAT big a fucking idiot. But then he goes and does something else to shatter my ideas of just how big of an idiot he is.
The trick with Trump is to just assume he is the stupidest person on the planet. That way you'll never be surprised by how low he sinks, what he lies about (and admits in the process), who he throws under the bus (pretty much anyone is fair game outside of Putin) and his complete lack of self-awareness. He's a cartoon character.

Yes. And he shouldn't be allowed to pick an AG if Sessions resigns or is fired. (If Sessions does resign, the new AG should probably also promise to recuse from the Russia investigation.) I don't know how anyone can trust Trump with regards to the DOJ. Honestly Congress should reup the independent counsel statute and move the investigation over there.

Nor pick Supreme Court justices....

Pedrito

Umm your son said Russia makes up a "disproportionate" amount of your assets and that a "lot of money is pouring in from Russia". So, no surprise he lies again.

Also they should grill him everytjme on these financial ties questions with "why not release your tax returns and clear the air?"

For him, "making money from Russia" means "making money in Russia". He's spinning it as "he doesn't own anything in Russia", which is probably true. It's also besides the point. The question is does he sell buildings to Russians or does he get loans from Russians? He never really denies that. When he says he might have sold a condo, it means he might have sold a 50 million penthouse/mansion.

Shauni

Americans, you need to be protesting in the streets day and night. No more red lines. No more "If he fires Mueller..." or "If he puts his children in power..."

He has already done so much to delegitimize your democracy. The great atrocities of the world didn't happen all at once. They happened because good people waited too long to act, always telling themselves "If this next line is crossed, then I'll do something." He has crossed so many lines already.

Get up. Get out there.

Protesting won't do anything, he's already shown he gives a fucking fuck about protests. The only way to get him out is with a Democratic Congress to impeach and remove him. We may get the House in 2018, but the Senate is a long, long shot, and even then we won't have enough to remove him outright unless we can get turncoat Republicans to do so. He may resign if he gets impeached in the House, though.

I don’t make money from Russia. In fact, I put out a letter saying that I don’t make — from one of the most highly respected law firms, accounting firms. I don’t have buildings in Russia. They said I own buildings in Russia. I don’t. They said I made money from Russia. I don’t. It’s not my thing. I don’t, I don’t do that. Over the years, I’ve looked at maybe doing a deal in Russia, but I never did one.
Oh, then there should no worries about looking at his finances then? Nothing to worry about, nothing to find there

Lo-Volt

capturehssr3.png

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/887833965587025920

Big German Bank, Key to Trump's Finances, Faces New Scrutiny: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/...umps-finances-faces-new-scrutiny.html?mcubz=1

Boom boom boom boom boom

Mr. Trump has had a complicated relationship with the bank over the past 20 years, which has included more than $4 billion in loan commitments and potential bond offerings, a majority of which were completed, according to a New York Times review of securities filings and interviews with people with knowledge of the deals. Despite all the risk-taking — and a brief loan default that spurred the 2008 litigation — Mr. Trump's business has made the bank money, the people said.

While it is not unheard-of for real estate developers to obtain large wealth management loans for projects deemed too risky for an investment bank, it differs from bank to bank, and those that do issue loans of that size typically do so for top clients known to pay their bills.

Mr. Trump's wealth manager at Deutsche Bank, Rosemary Vrablic, has specialized in real estate lending and is known for taking risks on clients, two of the executives and wealth managers said. And her relationship with Mr. Trump is close enough that Ms. Vrablic attended Mr. Trump's inauguration, according to a person who attended.

Mr. Kushner has established his own relationship with the bank. He and his mother have an unsecured line of credit from Deutsche Bank, valued at up to $25 million, and the family business he ran until January, Kushner Companies, received a $285 million loan from Deutsche Bank last year.

20 years, TWENTY YEARS for the taking. I also love the low-key shade of the bill payment comment.

UberTag

It's always about stuff in Russia, not, like, Russian money/plans elsewhere
It should be telling that's Donny's go-to excuse whenever the Russia topic comes up.
It's clear he's financially compromised by Russia in other ways and Trump thinks he can just spout this one fact to feign innocence.

TRUMP: No, I think that’s a violation. Look, this is about Russia. So I think if he wants to go, my finances are extremely good, my company is an unbelievably successful company. And actually, when I do my filings, peoples say, “Man.” People have no idea how successful this is. It’s a great company. But I don’t even think about the company anymore. I think about this. ’Cause one thing, when you do this, companies seem very trivial. O.K.? I really mean that. They seem very trivial. But I have no income from Russia. I don’t do business with Russia. The gentleman that you mentioned, with his son, two nice people.

Stop, I'm dying here lol.

BFIB

Well, pretty clear Mueller isn't going for obstruction, but after him for his financial dealings. Trump knows it's getting close.

Also, he just openly threatened the person investigating him. He did the same to Comey before firing him.

Shauni

Well, pretty clear Mueller isn't going for obstruction, but after him for his financial dealings. Trump knows it's getting close.

Also, he just openly threatened the person investigating him. He did the same to Comey before firing him.

I mean, it's probably both, considering how Trump openly admitted to obstructing justice on live TV and shit.

cackhyena

Oh, then there should no worries about looking at his finances then? Nothing to worry about, nothing to find there
My thing is he might be telling the truth on that. But it was never about who he gets money from. It's how much he really has versus what he says he does. Ego drives this man. But...maybe it's the Russia thing too.

Muller is going after a whole bunch of shit, be assured. Money laundering and other financial crimes can be prosecuted by New York though, where there will be no pardon, and Muller knows this very well.

Az

Oh lordy. Was just talking to my wife. We didn't watch TV all day and told her to turn on the news to see what Donald fucked up today. And I see this...

Shadybiz

How did you come to this conclusion?

UberTag

For those who don't know (and I include Trump), the FBI director in 1973, L. Patrick Gray, helped Nixon cover up the initial investigation into the Watergate scandal. Gray resigned after this was exposed.
Comey was supposed to play ball just like Gray did. He even earned Donny's trust by pulling that letter to Congress stunt on the 28th less than two weeks before the election to ensure Hillary's Emails were the talk of the cable news networks and disseminated to their legions of loyal sheep viewers.

588541fee4b03735090c0fca_1455589917779-yrd15k_t_1485128320495_640_360_400.gif

And yet he didn't play ball. Donny was so disappointed.

Shauni

Isn't threatening Mueller obstruction of justice?

It could be seen that way, but it's vague enough here that it probably wouldn't stick in a court of law. But that's okay, because he explicitly say he obstructed justice on Lester Holt, so it's not like they need that for a potential case to make lol

While I'm sure they're investigating obstruction of justice, those charges would be a lot more difficult to pin down versus something black-and-white like money laundering.

Muller is going after a whole bunch of shit, be assured. Money laundering and other financial crimes can be prosecuted by New York though, where there will be no pardon, and Muller knows this very well.

This is the money-shot. Schneiderman will gold plate his career on the back of litigating a RICO case on Trump-Manafort et al.

The thing I can't get over is how dumb he is. You'd think I'd have managed this by now; I've long since grasped what a petty, vindictive, vicious little wiener Donald is. But holy fuck, I just cannot get my arms around his stupidity.

This is the money-shot. Schneiderman will gold plate his career on the back of litigating a RICO case on Trump-Manafort et al.

A lot of people are talking about how angry and paranoid Trump sounds in this interview but the biggest subtext to me is that he is terrified and shitting his fucking pants.

The chickens are all going to come home to roost at once after a lifetime of getting away with anything he wants.

Schneiderman is gonna be more popular than Spider-Man.

Jag

I really hope this is the end of Sessions. He's competent enough to get his own evil agenda through the DOJ.

Ah yes, Deutsche Bank.

Russia connections you say...?

Another piece of the jigsaw falls into place.

If only someone with immense political influence and power would remove those Magnitsky Act sanctions to make international money laundering easier. Do we know anyone that could help with this?

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/31/deutsche-bank-fined-630m-over-russia-money-laundering-claims

Deutsche Bank is one of the premier industry leaders in white collar crime and is a repeat offender. They do pretty much whatever they want in the US under the supervision of the DOJ.

A lot of people are talking about how angry and paranoid Trump sounds in this interview but the biggest subtext to me is that he is terrified and shitting his fucking pants.

The chickens are all going to come home to roost at once after a lifetime of getting away with anything he wants.

The one thing Trump was sure he could avoid was having to reveal his personal finances in any real detail. Mueller now puts that in immense danger of blowing up in his face.

UberTag

Schneiderman, Schneiderman,
Does whatever a Schneider can.
Spins a web, any size,
Catches Trumps just like spies.
Look out! Here comes the Schneiderman.

Top Bottom