• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Trump Camp Refuses to Close Door on Campaign Pledge to ‘Lock Her Up’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

Gold Member
How dumb can they be? You beat her, move on. Prosecuting her will make her a martyr, and galvanize the democrats around her. If she is acquitted, his presidency is over, the GOP will have hell to pay in Midterms and 2020.

This is all sorts of idiotic from a political perspective. Politically there is no win scenario by doing this.. So off course he and Bannon will probably do it.

Republicans consider any win a sweeping mandate.

They now have almost enough state legislatures to pass whatever constitutional amendment they want, the House, the Senate, the Presidency, and the Supreme Court.

Republicans went to war with Iraq with faked evidence. If Trump wants to lock up Hillary, he'll do it, evidence or no evidence. The FBI (Trumpland) will help him do it.

The difference is, in 2003, 9/11 was still fresh in people's minds, and the Bush administrator preyed on that to encourage the Iraq War. Locking Hillary up doesn't play into any national security concerns or tragedies. Pursuing this will cause even more unrest in the population.

At the same time, I wouldn't doubt that he'd try, if only to distract the public from his administration's internal problems.

MogCakes

He can try, and if he does then I hope someone finds a way to harrass him constantly with all the shit he's done in his life and gets him impeached and imprisoned.

Nelo Ice

Banned
How dumb can they be? You beat her, move on. Prosecuting her will make her a martyr, and galvanize the democrats around her. If she is acquitted, his presidency is over, the GOP will have hell to pay in Midterms and 2020.

This is all sorts of idiotic from a political perspective. Politically there is no win scenario by doing this.. So off course he and Bannon will probably do it.
I'd kinda want it this to.happen just for that. If there's chaos that will unite us all then it would be this. And Trump is just petty enough to follow though with it.

LaNaranja

People keep saying this but at this point I don't buy it. People outside the west coast and north-east just don't give a shit.

He won't do shit and his brainwashed sheep will accuse Hillary of paying everyone off, while ignoring the fact that Trump is a sackless shit who only said everything to garner votes.

You played yourself, morons.

Mortemis

Banned
I totally believe he'll do it. That pivot will never come guys. We need to stop with the thoughts that this man is actually sane, or thinks.

norinrad

Barry needs to pardon Edward as well if he pardons HC. Edward did nothing wrong and should not be rotten away in Moscow.

Gnome

Sounds like Trump will essentially pass whatever policy/promise which will make him the most popular. It's a dangerous situation imo.

Lol, he won't do it. He'll flip flop and say "ehh, she's not so bad". Republicans will be furious.

Which Republicans? The ignorant voters who chanted (not saying all voters are ignorant, just that sect specifically) or the Republicans currently in office who did everything they could to cast her in a poor light so she would lose? I imagine the ones in office wont give a shit because they got the big L for the Democrats and have a malleable President who most likely will be a figurehead like Dubya with Pence and the other high ranking GOP members running the show. The ignorant voters, well, I am sure they will be more furious when the wall never happens or their jobs never come back, etc etc.

Joni

If they are smart, they issue a presidential pardon for the sake of unity. That way they never have to give it over to the courts as they would most likely throw out the case while having their supporters applaud the move as some sort of moderation.

MC Safety

The best thing President-elect Trump could do is work with President Obama and issue a joint declaration pardoning Hillary Clinton.

It would close the door on the election and be a positive conciliatory step.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Clinton's actual chance to make a comeback is if he attempts to prosecute. The protests are interesting but they won't last, she doesn't really have any backing outside of that, many many people hate her, left and right respectively.

Other than a "come to Jesus" moment she's really dead politically.

Unless he does this to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom