• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

O.J. Simpson's parole hearing will air on ESPN (Update: OJ granted parole)

OJ is pretty much screwed when he gets out. He can't do anything without the Goldmans being there to take his money.

If he gets out, just move in with one of his children and lay low for the next decade or so.

Parasites that they have become, like others have said they ain't touching him in Florida.

Damn toobin going all in.

So you guys think he's getting out?

Edit yea toobin thinks he will get out, but "it's absolutely disgusting ."

Oh my god, watching this on fox news, this guy talking now, how the hell is it legal for have somebody talk like this in a news broadcast over there

OJ Made in America does a long-form deep-dive into how this moment was critical in revealing and widening the fracture in middle America between the races.

That thing should be required viewing for anyone remotely interested in the topic. Legitimately one of the best, most compelling movies I've ever seen.

Ovid

Oh my god, watching this on fox news, this guy talking now, how the hell is it legal for have somebody talk like this in a news broadcast over there

I'm not watching but it's cable news. They have their own standards.

If you watch the legit news broadcasters (CBS, NBC, ABC) you'd see a difference.

What was he saying?

The first thing OJ will do as a peace offering is publicly throw Colin Kaepernick and BlackLivesMatter under the bus. He will call Kaep a distraction bad for the NFL.

StoopKid

This guy on NBC is roasting OJ.

Wish johnny was still alive

tenor.gif

I'm not watching but it's cable news. They have their own standards.

If you watch the legit news broadcasters (CBS, NBC, ABC) you'd see a difference.

What was he saying?

The guy out and out said OJ did the murders in pretty gruesome detail, now whether he did or not the guy was acquitted and thus innocent in the eyes of the law so hearing a news broadcaster basically saying it as fact is quite chilling really (more so even than OJ)

NYR

Darden going to the paint on NBC:

"I can't spend my life worrying about OJ's whereabouts as long as OJ isn't behind me with a butcher knife"

The memorabilia guy having money problems set off a red flag for me too. He has a financial interest in getting O.J. out of prison, potentially.

NYR

The memorabilia guy having money problems set off a red flag for me too. He has a financial interest in getting O.J. out of prison, potentially.

Of course! He wants OJ out to make money off of him, he is going to hold this over his head for a LOOOONG time.

OJ should be in jail for murder not this, nine years for this crime is absurd. Only reason he caught so long a sentence is because they couldn't get him for murder. Not a fan of the man, but I he should be paroled.

Oriel

They had Jodi Arias for a little bit there, and now OJ is back.

Time to watch CNN's The Nineties and remember my childhood.

OJ should be in jail for murder not this, nine years for this crime is absurd. Only reason he caught so long a sentence is because they couldn't get him for murder. Not a fan of the man, but I he should be paroled.

Yep. The punishment was OTT. In other states and countries he'd probably have been given a suspended sentence.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

Legally, he should be paroled. I hope he stays locked up for the rest of his life though.

NYR

ESPN says a decision within 5 minutes, unless it is deadlocked and they need to take next steps.

ApharmdX

Banned
OJ Made in America does a long-form deep-dive into how this moment was critical in revealing and widening the fracture in middle America between the races.

I am definitely checking that out. The OJ trial was fascinating, one of the few times in my life that the racial divide across America was fully apparent.

Oriel

They ain't gonna parole him. This is the chance many have been looking for to get him in prison for the murder trial.

That's not how any of this works. The 1995 trial has absolutely NO bearing on this parole hearing, contrary what pseudo-judicial punditry is emanating from cable news.

Top Bottom