• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obsidian devs recreate Star Wars Mos Eisley spaceport in Unreal Engine 4

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wish :(

Pretty much guaranteed to never happen with EA at the helm.

Tis nice to dream, though

It's guaranteed to never happen because Kotor 1&2 are not cannon anymore, which is hardly EA's fault.

Kayhan

I assume this leak is stealth marketing for KOTOR 3.

Like how Deadpool movie footage was leaked to create interest.

ultrazilla

Thanks for the heads up OP. Some seriously great stuff as I'm a big fan of Unreal Engine 4.

Not a spoiler I guess and probably already covered but I saw the lazer burn mark on the wall above where Solo would have been sitting with Greedo in the Cantina booth. I had a huge smile on my face. :)

Needless to say, to think what these talented folks could do with the engine in a full fledged Star Wars game leaves me hopeful the "powers that be" see this and give them a Star Wars project.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
This looks great! Now since you dudes seem to be Super Star Wars nerds I'll be expecting a port of Super Star Wars to UE4 stat.

Seriously, I should download this and give it a go. My kids would flip.

Downloaded this yesterday and tried.

Total wet dream for any Star Wars fan.

Only was a bit sad you couldn't enter the Falcon, but everything else was sublime.

JK fan fantasy too.

This is not just a passion project, this is likely an audition of sorts. If they started now they'd have a solid 2 years for a Han Solo Origin Movie tie-in. They're probably banking on this gaining enough traction to convince EA to lend them the license.

low-G

I don't think it looks as good as SW Battlefront but still real good. Doesn't perform quite as good either, but fine on my 970...

Man just hearing the background audio of spaceships flying by and star wars computer noises is having this weird pavlovian effect on me, I just reinstalled KOTOR.

epmode

Terrain displacement, on or off?

Also, is there any way to invert the mouse?

edit: Screw it, it's too short to worry about mouse inversion.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
That sharpen filter is truly hideous. :(

Edit: Is it just a coinkydink they're using the same variation of the Force Theme that's heard in Jedi Outcast?

Demo freezes when I click Play, wanted to try my new GTX 1080. I guess is not going to happen.

Edit: it's working now, it just takes freaking long to load

rashbeep

Banned
How does this compare to the Spaceport in SW:BF?

29574447626_20b69614d6_k.jpg

29498646722_ab3a21d41b_k.jpg

29318563360_2ef2b9cc47_k.jpg

29528099341_5d57fc79c2_k.jpg

29498701672_a3e994c1f1_k.jpg

28985136743_e51c75cd40_k.jpg

28983364724_02cb0be22c_k.jpg

29498611062_9b4cd5a387_k.jpg

Texture work is excellent in the UE4 demo, but I think I prefer FB3 rendering.

I spent a good amount of time checking every nook and cranny and found a whole lot of stuff. It was great.
My favorite was the gun that shoots BB8s. The solo family picture is good too.

Now I so badly want a new canon KOTOR with these graphics from these guys.

Rflagg

It doesn't even need to be Kotor, but can we please get a star wars rpg with modern graphics and playable jedis.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I assume this leak is stealth marketing for KOTOR 3.

Like how Deadpool movie footage was leaked to create interest.
It's stealth marketing for them trying to get a publisher to move 75% of their staff on to anything that's not Armored Warfare.

Some Nobody

It's stealth marketing for them trying to get a publisher to move 75% of their staff on to anything that's not Armored Warfare.

Correct. But I'd say its also correct they want EA to notice them (though they'd be fine with other major publishers obviously) since they're clearly giving out the license like candy on Halloween.

2017: Battlefront 2
2018: Star Wars Visceral
2019: Battlefront 3
2020: Star Wars Respawn?

Why can't 2021 or 2022 be Obsidian? There's TONS of time left.

Top Bottom