• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift Launch Thread: Ballpark 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Does anyone use a display port adapter for their Rift? I bought a new monitor that requires the HDMI port (It's 2560x1080 so an adapter won't work for it) and my 980ti only has 1 HDMI port.

Touch comes next week! (hopefully, I preordered it the minute it came out.)

I've used a DVI-HDMI adapter with the Rift before, worked fine.

I want to order the Touch but i have only 2 USB 3.0 on my old motherboard.Anyone knows if i will be ok if i put the second sensor on a USB 2.0 ? Don't want to buy a extension card because i'm going to change my computer early next year.

is there expected to be much of a "demand" for Touch? thinking about putting it on my xmas wishlist but i don't want anybody jumping through hoops getting it for me

They are absolutely brilliant. With the controllers and room scale, it's easily as good as the Vive

wonderpug

Neo Member
I think 120v is more asking if Touch is going to be in short supply. I'm thinking the answer is yes, based on this blurb Amazon has on their order page:

Note on Availability: Due to high customer demand, orders placed after Wednesday November 23rd, 2016 may not be delivered until January 2017. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.

Annoying that Best Buy has a listing for oculus touch but you cant buy it. Would prefer to buy there due to the reward points, but also want the 2 extra games you only get if you preorder.

Linkup

I want to order the Touch but i have only 2 USB 3.0 on my old motherboard.Anyone knows if i will be ok if i put the second sensor on a USB 2.0 ? Don't want to buy a extension card because i'm going to change my computer early next year.

You can but it's questionable whether it will work due to different qualities in USB controllers on older motherboards. You should consider using a active/powered USB hub on one USB 3.0 and plugging two sensors into that, it could also help you extend them some. First I'd check if anyone with your motherboard model has done the same by using USB 2.0 or a powered USB hub.

The emails are saying Touch ships today! If someone could put up a new thread when we know the 50+ launch titles that would be great.

You should consider using a active/powered USB hub on one USB 3.0 and plugging two sensors into that, it could also help you extend them some. First I'd check if anyone with your motherboard model has done the same by using USB 2.0 or a powered USB hub.

Thx for the advice ! Do you have one powered USB 3.0 in mind that would do the trick ?

Linkup

Thx for the advice ! Do you have one powered USB 3.0 in mind that would do the trick ?

Just make sure it's something decent, not the dirt cheap stuff from the chinese websites. Just so I'm clear the minimum specs have been lowered to USB 2.0 so the hub is a backup option.

jon_dojah

Banned
Me too. Yay!

Oculus sent me an email that my Touch was shipped to my house. It says it's coming from Oculus (Facebook) headquarters in Menlo Park, CA which is about a 20 min drive from my house. Hopefully it arrives before the weekend!

edit: UPS tracking says Tuesday. Oh well

Was happy to see my order shipped and they'll be here Tuesday! Very excited to use these. I love my Vive but I think the Touch controllers *might* be better.

Canada continues to be ignored - completely.

We are shipped from the same house as the US and it takes longer to get here. Theoretically we should have been done first to get it to us on time. That's usually how shipping works.

Scapegoat

*sigh* another repeat of Oculus' cold shoulder once again.

Still no email at all. I preordered my Oculus day 1 and Touch day 1. I know there is still time but it's starting to feel eerily similar to the headset launch.

*sigh* another repeat of Oculus' cold shoulder once again.

Still no email at all. I preordered my Oculus day 1 and Touch day 1. I know there is still time but it's starting to feel eerily similar to the headset launch.

The priority shipping seems kind of pointless when they aren't even going by when people ordered their original Rift. Hell, they aren't even going by one people ordered their Touch controllers.

Same old bull.

vermadas

I should be pretty early in the queue, but no email for me yet either. Though from what I've seen, totally anecdotal, in the US at least, it's based on how far you are from their distribution center in Kentucky.

I should be pretty early in the queue, but no email for me yet either. Though from what I've seen, totally anecdotal, in the US at least, it's based on how far you are from their distribution center in Kentucky.

I'm not sure it is. If it was, it would logically be based on those farthest away first. It isn't though based on what we're seeing on reddit.

vermadas

Touch Launch lineup announced! - 53 titles
Trailer

D = Debut, U = Existing controller VR game updated for Touch, P = Vive "port", X = Oculus "exclusive"

Arizona Sunshine | Vertigo Games | D
Bigscreen | BetaBigscreen | U
Carnival Games VR | 2K Games | P
The Climb | Crytek | U X
Cosmic Trip | Funktronic Labs | P
CRANGA!: Harbor Frenzy | HandMade Game | D
Dead and Buried TT | Oculus Studios | D X
Dead Hungry | Q-Games | D
DEXED | Ninja Theory | P
Dig 4 Destruction | COLOPL, Inc. | P
Enigma Sphere | YOMUNECO | D X
Fantastic Contraption | Radial Games and Northway Games | P
Final Approach | Phaser Lock Interactive | P
Fly to KUMA MAKER | COLOPL, Inc. | P
Fruit Ninja VR | Halfbrick Studios | P
Galaxy Golf | Liftoff Labs | U
The Gallery Episode 1: Call of the Starseed | Cloudhead Games | P
Gary the Gull | Limitless Studios | U
Grav|Lab: Gravitational Facility Testing & Observations | VRBits | P
HoloBall | TreeFortress | P
Home Improvisation: Furniture Sandbox | The Stork Burnt Down | P
I Expect You To Die TT | Schell Games | D X *Available on PSVR
Job Simulator | Owlchemy Labs | P
Kingspray TT | Infectious Ape | D X
Medium | Oculus | D X
Music Inside | Reality Reflection | P
NBA 2KVR Experience | Visual Concepts / 2K | U
Ocean Rift | Llŷr ap Cenydd | U X *Available on Gear VR
Oculus First Contact | Oculus Studios | D X
Pierhead Arcade | Mechabit Ltd | P
PLANNES | Tricol | D
Please, Don’t Touch Anything | Escalation Studios | U X? *Available on Gear VR
Pro Fishing Challenge VR | Opus | D X?
Proton Pulse Plus [url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/381310/]
favicons
[/url] | Zero Transform | U
Pulsar Arena | Zero Transform | U X? *Available on Gear VR
Quar: Battle for Gate 18 | Steel Wool Games | P
Quill by Story Studio (beta) | Oculus Story Studio | D X
Rec Room | Against Gravity | P
Rescuties VR | mode of expression, LLC | P
Ripcoil | Sanzaru Games, Inc. | D X
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope | Croteam VR | P
Space Pirate Trainer | I-Illusions | P
Sports Bar VR | Perilous Orbit and Cherry Pop Games | D X *Available on PSVR
Super Kaiju | Directive Games | P
Superhot VR | SUPERHOT Team | D X
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality | Bossa Studios | P
theBlu | WeVR, Inc. | P
Toybox | Oculus Studios | D X
The Unspoken TT | Insomniac Games | D X
Viral EX | Fierce Kaiju | U X
VR Sports Challenge | Sanzaru Games, Inc. | D X
Windlands | Psytec Games Ltd | U
ZR: Zombie Riot | PlaySide VR | D X

Sky Chief

I'm really disappointed that none of the Touch games shown at Oculus Connect 3 will be available at launch (Arktika.1, Robo Recall, Lone Echo), maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention but I thought they were supposed to be launch games

Wallach

That's a pretty great launch lineup. I have a few of those for the Vive but I don't use my Vive much at all so it'd be nice if the steam version were updated to work with Touch.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. Given the libraries are about to converge it's probably time I send the Vive on so someone else can use it.

I'm actually really excited to try the Climb update. I still don't think it is going to retain the gameplay flow it has on a controller, but I am really interested to see how they tackled some of the more basic problems.

There's a bunch of new stuff there I want to dive into though. Arizona Sunshine, Superhot VR, I Expect You To Die, The Unspoken, Dead & Buried are probably where I'm starting. There's also a bunch of updates to sift through.

YuShtink

I'm really disappointed that none of the Touch games shown at Oculus Connect 3 will be available at launch (Arktika.1, Robo Recall, Lone Echo), maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention but I thought they were supposed to be launch games

I don't think they were ever touted as launch titles, always as the kind of "next wave" of Touch content coming next year that looks a bit more big budget and sophisticated. Robo Recall is at least due in Q1 though. Wouldn't expect the others until late next year at earliest. It's the ones they've been demoing since LAST year that will be hitting launch like Toybox, Dead and Buried, The Unspoken, etc.

AgeEighty

Woo! Got my shipping email; looks like my Touch controllers left the warehouse earlier today and are scheduled to arrive on launch day. Almost makes me wish I weren't so hooked on FFXV at the moment.

Wallach

My order - which they charged me for on Monday - literally just finally finished processing and isn't scheduled to get here until Thursday.

They said to judge them on their Touch launch; I'm not impressed.

Edit - Wait, my tracking number now says it's scheduled for "early delivery" on Tuesday, originally scheduled for Thursday, so maybe I will actually get them on time. Who knows.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Meanwhile in Canada *crickets*

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
5 hours after my last post I got my order processed email :D

tenchir

My payment got declined on the 29th, got charged on the 30th, and got an email yesterday that the touch will be delivered on the Dec 8th.

They sent me the preorder code on the 30th after payment was processed, then sent me another code on Dec 2nd.

Too bad I can't sell or trade my second preorder code, since it expires in 3 days.

Just preordered touch controller from oculus store since I never saw it available on Best Buy. amazon is showing delivery of jan 2017, whereas oculus store is december 16-21

Apparently the 2 free preorder games will be $30 each otherwise and Dec 5 is cutoff point, so thats a good deal with the other free games. I would have bought unspoken anyway, perhaps even at a higher price since it seems to me the most interesting touch controller concept. vr sports game also looks like a wii sports style game that would be worth buying too.

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-touch-dec-5-last-day/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom