• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift: Open Source Head Mounted Virtual Reality.

1-D_FTW

Valve support all kinds of crazy shit, like that force feedback 3D input device thing Novint made and Razor's motion controller.

It's where their structure really helps. With a company full of nerds, all those niche products just have to capture the imagination of a couple people at Valve and they get to work on making support happen.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just to mention here that Oculus Rift will be heavily showcased on upcoming Quakecon, it will even have its own panel! I think that there we will finaly get some concrete info about kickstarter.

Virtual Insanity
Friday, August 3rd at 6pm [after midnigt for us in Europe :( ]
John Carmack, id Software
Michael Abrash, Valve Software
Palmer Luckey, Oculus
Moderated by Todd Hollenshead, id Software

Hopefully it will be streamed online.

Just to mention here that Oculus Rift will be heavily showcased on upcoming Quakecon, it will even have its own panel! I think that there we will finaly get some concrete info about kickstarter.

Virtual Insanity
Friday, August 3rd at 6pm [after midnigt for us in Europe :( ]
John Carmack, id Software
Michael Abrash, Valve Software
Palmer Luckey, Oculus
Moderated by Todd Hollenshead, id Software

Hopefully it will be streamed online.

nice. my bank account remains ready.

CaLe

Trying to gauge people's interest in this device... Would people be willing to buy it ? How excited would they be to play a racing game with this.

So tempted to back it for the early SDK...

Zaptruder

Banned
Welp. I'm in. Ready to be a game development guinea pig... hell, if I can learn to program in the next year or so, I'll be rearing to do something with it myself.

Vesper73

This is so exciting! Full Field of View VR! Finally!

This will make the next generation of consoles feel quite underwhelming if they don't integrate support for this.

Me thinks that it is almost a certainty that the next Xbox and Playstation will support this device, as they've already got Unreal Engine support underway!

And with Valve support, the sky is the limit! Can't wait for Portal VR!

The future is bright!

Anyone know if, seeing as John Carmack has been pushing this, if we'll see Skyrim VR before it is released?

Top Bottom