• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus special press event thread | Step into the Rift | June 11th 10am PDT

This presentation is pretty crucial for them. They lost a lot of momentum when the Vive was announced.

Hoping to be wowed today, otherwise they could become a laughing stock. Then again, they've had several years to prepare for this presentation so I don't see that happening.

Bsigg12

This presentation is pretty crucial for them. They lost a lot of momentum when the Vive was announced.

Hoping to be wowed today, otherwise they could become a laughing stock. Then again, they've had several years to prepare for this presentation so I don't see that happening.

This isn't 3DHead were talking about.

Soi-Fong

Gonna be watching this with anticipation! My DK2 is sitting at home still being used for Elite and such.

Really looking forward to the input device they come up with.

Man

What's the major points of inventions so far (all parties) since summer 2012?
- 2012 kickstarted Oculus Rift DK1
- Low persistence (2013)
- Timewarp (2013)
- Binaural/3D audio ('re-introduced' 2014, this has existed for a longer time)
- Late-latching (2015, up to 40% GPU perf. regained)
- Lighthouse laser tracking system, large space & almost no occlusion (2015)

Optics? Chaperone?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Let it all hang out so the VR war can truly begin.

Right now the Vive is best in class and Oculus has a lot to prove input wise. The new logo being some real "deep thinking / but actually shit" doesn't fill me with confidence.

Guerrilla

Music is on, gather round kids

c17a0d8cc037d0723d3c9f9883dcb964.jpg

Man, if preorders open today, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I want either Vive or Rift at launch, but I'm not sold on which yet. But in order to secure either, a preorder will absolutely be necessary. I hope can cancel a preorder with no hassle if it comes down to it.

Looks like I'm going to take a late lunch break (11:41 here) and I'm starving. Guess I'll pour some coffee to tide me over, because I'm not about to miss this.

Tenebrous

Life is too good sometimes... How can we have this, Steam Sale, E3, and Copa America all at the same time?

Let's go, Oculus!

Top Bottom