• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus special press event thread | Step into the Rift | June 11th 10am PDT

-SD-

Banned
That's what we're hoping for, yes. And input and games etc
They are probably going to give us

SmugBigBlackfootedferret.gif

Honestly, had no idea about this till I just woke up. This is so exciting. I've been waiting so long for VR.

I haven't kept up with the news, but is the chance of retail VR from Oculus releasing in 2015..likely? I expect Morpheus in 2016. I just want a retail unit so badly.

I think they have already confirmed early 2016.

ekim

I expect:
- Final design
- Input device
- Price + release date
- Games
- Applications
- RiftOS (probably a layer between Windows and games/apps for easy operation)

What you guys think will be the price? Is it safe to assume it's going to be higher than the price for the DK2 ($350) or will mass production push the prices down?

Man

What you guys think will be the price? Is it safe to assume it's going to be higher than the price for the DK2 ($350) or will mass production push the prices down?
With camera, gamepad and simple input device I expect $399.

MaxiLive

Woo hopefully we shall see a bit today :D

I hope it isn't too corporate and is more like a presentation of VR with an introduction to the final hardware and some glimpses of the software.

Interesting to see whatever they show as VR has been pretty cool that I have experienced thus far!

I'm expecting some games confirmed to support Oculus, maybe a few game announcements. We'll definitely see their input solution/controller. They'll probably announce the specs on the retail unit and hopefully pricing as well.

I think they probably will talk about price. They've already said its going to be pushing $1500 for a capable PC and the Oculus, so they really don't have anything to lose by announcing the price. Just get the info out there and start shipping demo units to retail.

Wubby

Shoot, it's 2am here in Japan and I'm falling asleep. Hope they don't open pre-orders yet. Will have to watch this tomorrow.

Bsigg12

I'm expecting some games confirmed to support Oculus, maybe a few game announcements. We'll definitely see their input solution/controller. They'll probably announce the specs on the retail unit and hopefully pricing as well.

I think they probably will talk about price. They've already said its going to be pushing $1500 for a capable PC and the Oculus, so they really don't have anything to lose by announcing the price. Just get the info out there and start shipping demo units to retail.

I'm sure we'll see a bunch of projects out of Oculus themselves. From films, games to just experiences. They should have quite a bit lined up based on their acquisitions over the last few years.

Liamc723

I really don't care about VR, but I'll watch this I guess. I highly doubt they'll be able to convince me that VR is the future, what with the price.

Top Bottom